DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

I would agree his video was the most interesting. However I think the staycation cruises are missing some of the Disney magic.

No doubt, but we've never done one and it's leaving from our home city so we're very excited. I'm hoping they make Liverpool departures a thing in the future, we'd definitely go on more of they did.

We also walked past the ship, went into town for about 2,5 hours, then went back to see it off.
What a kick in the teeth for us when playing "I just can't wait to be king" (as we are Lion King nuts) when it set sail, as we really wanted to go but couldn't due to vaccins and stuff. Someday... :thumbsup2

Attachments

• DSCN7244.JPG
    DSCN7244.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Liverpool Boarding Information

Liverpool Boarding is being Alternated between deck 3 and deck 4, depending on PAT / Boarding times

If you board on deck 4, The Welcome On Board Announcement is done at the Atrium and you are directed to spots on the carpet outside Lumiere's.

If you board on Deck 3 Aft near the Aft Elevators then the cm's will direct you to the stairs or elevators to Deck 4 and then you walk past The Jewelry shop, Shutters and into D Lounge. Depending on the timing you may be held in D Lounge until the previous Welcome show is over.
The Welcome On Board Announcement is done at the door of D Lounge and then you watch the Mickey and Minnie Welcome Show at the balcony on Deck 4, overlooking the Atrium.

Last edited:

Still no information about this mysterious "Variety Show" we've book for our cruise, I wonder if they are only doing it on 4 night cruises? Any DCL vets have any idea what it might be like based on past experience?

Still no information about this mysterious "Variety Show" we've book for our cruise, I wonder if they are only doing it on 4 night cruises? Any DCL vets have any idea what it might be like based on past experience?
You usually find out onboard what the entertainment is for non-show nights. It might be a comedian, magician, musical act, etc. They don’t advertise in advance because it may be different each cruise, or every few cruises.

The first vlogs from paying customers are now online. I have posted the links in the other thread.

Edit: Has the mask policy changed? During a quiz in O'Gills people are not wearing masks (as seen in A Clairey Tale vlog).

No change in policy. If you are eating or drinking you don't need to wear a mask. They had drinks with them

View attachment 590751

It is only on the 4 night cruises and we haven't had one of them yet.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully an extra show will open up and I may call to see what is going on.

On our first cruise I did the same and was up at 5am to check in. For this cruise we only booked today so a few days after check in was opened. I was prepared for some activities such as wine tasting or some spa treatments to be fully booked but the 'Broadway style shows' are a major selling point and are still being advertised although it seems not actually on offer once you have paid. Just seems a bit off really, especially afer the great time we had on our first cruise.

As an update to my earlier posts about not being able to book the show, I called Disney and after 3 calls and also some conversations with the technical team the person I spoke to got his supervisor to 'fill in a form' to see if they can get us a slot. He said if it still wasn't resolved by the time of our cruise to go to Guest Services on embarkation day to see if they can fit us in. So fingers crossed it gets sorted!

For those who have booked a UK cruise this summer, how long before your cruise were you contacted with details on how to book your PCR test and what is needed to show proof of vaccinations? Thanks

For those who have booked a UK cruise this summer, how long before your cruise were you contacted with details on how to book your PCR test and what is needed to show proof of vaccinations? Thanks

I got emails 30 days out, and the vaccine proof was confirmed on 7 July (Sail date 23rd July). They don't, as far as I'm aware, give details on how to book your PCR, you just need to do organise it yourself. Proving vaccination information is on page one of this thread.

Lots of information on the "know before you go section" on the DCL website for these sailings.
I'm in a facebook group for these sailings and am horrified that people dont know to look at the website, and just follow word of mouth etc from Facebook. There are such fine details and timelines with some of these requirements. It's perhaps fault on Disney's part by not documenting this better.

Not really contacted as such. At 30 days we got an email about it. Everything you need to know is in the know before you go section. You need to upload your vaccine proof on to the prenetics website via the link in the know before you go but this can't be done before 33 days prior to the cruise otherwise you will have to redo after 33 days anyway. They are accepting either the certificates or the cards as some areas of UK still don't have certificates

I got emails 30 days out, and the vaccine proof was confirmed on 7 July (Sail date 23rd July). They don't, as far as I'm aware, give details on how to book your PCR, you just need to do organise it yourself. Proving vaccination information is on page one of this thread.

Lots of information on the "know before you go section" on the DCL website for these sailings.
I'm in a facebook group for these sailings and am horrified that people dont know to look at the website, and just follow word of mouth etc from Facebook. There are such fine details and timelines with some of these requirements. It's perhaps fault on Disney's part by not documenting this better.

Thanks both for these. I received an e-mail from Disney which said the below so these were the e-mails I was expecting to receive. The website also has the same wording on the UK Staycation Disney Magic at Sea info page.

"In order to sail, Guests will be required to meet Health and Safety requirements. Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the National Health Service. NHS currently defines fully vaccinated as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of vaccination status.

Guests under 18 years old are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to embarkation. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. "

I have now found the link to the 'know before you go' section on the first page of this thread, where I can see the info I need for providing vaccination and test results. So thanks to all who have been involved with providing this info - really helpful.

However I still can't find anyway to navigate to this page directly from the website so think many who don't know about these boards may miss this info, especially of they are relying on being contacted by Disney as the first e-mail states will happen. I think even if people are looking at the website they may just find the page I did which again says they will be contacted and gives no further info.

so far he is the only only to show the muster point & what to do & the only one to show what the Key to the World card means, and for first timers (like us) that’s super helpful.

Good to see new vlogs with more helpful info being uploaded. Can already see some changes since the test cruises, so shows Disney are adapting to make sure despite any restrictions the cruise remains “magic “

Although so far, has anyone seen Mickey Waffles at breakfast (not Palo) in any vlogs? So far I’ve not seen any and although they are iconic, they seem elusive……. 😱

Mickey waffles aren’t in Cabanas but can get them for breakfast at Rapunzels and Lumieres

Attachments

• 7C87B981-EDD7-4AA1-AB86-0CC39D05D5EB.jpeg
    7C87B981-EDD7-4AA1-AB86-0CC39D05D5EB.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 12
Liverpool Boarding Information

Liverpool Boarding is being Alternated between deck 3 and deck 4, depending on PAT / Boarding times

If you board on deck 4, The Welcome On Board Announcement is done at the Atrium and you are directed to spots on the carpet outside Lumiere's.

If you board on Deck 3 Aft near the Aft Elevators then the cm's will direct you to the stairs or elevators to Deck 4 and then you walk past The Jewelry shop, Shutters and into D Lounge. Depending on the timing you may be held in D Lounge until the previous Welcome show is over.
The Welcome On Board Announcement is done at the door of D Lounge and then you watch the Mickey and Minnie Welcome Show at the balcony on Deck 4, overlooking the Atrium.

actually everyone was boarding from Deck 1, they don’t appear to have facilities to board through the atrium at Liverpool.
We got onboard just after 2pm, Deck 1 FWD, up to deck 3 in the lift then through Fathoms to check we had the app downloaded and everything was set up properly, they into the atrium to be welcomed onboard and for the welcome show 😊

actually everyone was boarding from Deck 1, they don’t appear to have facilities to board through the atrium at Liverpool.
We got onboard just after 2pm, Deck 1 FWD, up to deck 3 in the lift then through Fathoms to check we had the app downloaded and everything was set up properly, they into the atrium to be welcomed onboard and for the welcome show 😊

Thats interesting, as the two Vlogs I watched from Liverpool were different again. The one who boarded and had the welcome aboard announcement at D Lounge had a male CM with Mickey and Minnie, the one who had the welcome onboard announcement and stood in front of Lumiere's had a female CM with Mickey and Minnie.

Thanks both for these. I received an e-mail from Disney which said the below so these were the e-mails I was expecting to receive. The website also has the same wording on the UK Staycation Disney Magic at Sea info page.

"In order to sail, Guests will be required to meet Health and Safety requirements. Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the National Health Service. NHS currently defines fully vaccinated as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of vaccination status.

Guests under 18 years old are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to embarkation. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. "

I have now found the link to the 'know before you go' section on the first page of this thread, where I can see the info I need for providing vaccination and test results. So thanks to all who have been involved with providing this info - really helpful.

However I still can't find anyway to navigate to this page directly from the website so think many who don't know about these boards may miss this info, especially of they are relying on being contacted by Disney as the first e-mail states will happen. I think even if people are looking at the website they may just find the page I did which again says they will be contacted and gives no further info.

PCR's aren't required for 18+ before sailing, just double vax proof.

Thats interesting, as the two Vlogs I watched from Liverpool were different again. The one who boarded and had the welcome aboard announcement at D Lounge had a male CM with Mickey and Minnie, the one who had the welcome onboard announcement and stood in front of Lumiere's had a female CM with Mickey and Minnie.

that is what happens but you don’t board on those levels, it’s just where you’re welcomed onboard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!