DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

On board now and people were queueing four hours for the shops to open today! I wouldn’t even queue that in the Parks 😂 (closest I’ve gotten was 2-3 hours for Pirates at Shanghai Disneyland but had entertainment in the form of fights breaking out in the queue to pass the time).

Everything else so far has gone relatively smoothly and been up to DCL’s normal standards. Main difference/downside so far is that there is definitely less variety on the navigators, fine for a few days but would want/hope that this wasn’t the case on longer sailings when they resume as I usually love sea days.

Other random tidbit: a lot of cast members I’ve spoken to seem to have come from the Wonder.

I don’t get the shop obsession at all!

Just finishing up my first UK cruise (doing a B2B so will be on board for a few more days). Some observations as someone who’s been sailing DCL since 2018:

- As mentioned before the shop situation is insane, and completely undoable for anyone with a disability (something I’ve fed back on my comment card). Even after opening time on the first day there was often a queue for at least one of the shops.
- They’ve got maple syrup onboard now (they were previously using golden syrup) but the allergy waffles I had were awful (not the normal mix) and I became quite ill after eating them which sucks as I was looking forward to those.
- Mask compliance on board has generally been good as has distancing. Worst had been disembarkation morning where it seems all distancing was abandoned. Unfortunately seems most parents are completely ignoring the advisory that kids above a set age wear masks though.
- There’s noticeably less to do on board (I’ve included a screen so of the navigator to show how few character interactions there were one afternoon as an example). It’s fine for a few days but it would make me reconsider a longer sailing (I usually do 7-14 nights) if it was equally as sparse.
- Weirdly seems that some of the bars etc have changed their menus (this may be due to shortages). Couldn’t see Parrot Song anywhere and there was also hardly any smoothies available on deck 9 which was a disappointment.
- A number of guests opted out of tips which is appalling (had heard reports of this on earlier sailings too). I went down to guest services early on yesterday to increase mine and there was already a small pile of forms behind the desk 😞

Overall I’ve still enjoyed it and it’s been a nice change of pace as I’ve not been anywhere during the whole pandemic. If my usual travel options were available though I’m not sure I would have the same opinion.

Attachments

• 7C90036F-1734-4201-843E-DF20FA938329.png
    7C90036F-1734-4201-843E-DF20FA938329.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
Well goodbye Disney Magic. After a very successful summer season the ship has now started the crew only transatlantic crossing back to Florida.

The Magic left Florida in May 2020 and is returning October 2021

Monday 4 October 2021
Depart London Tilbury
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean
Destination Ponta Delgada

Tuesday 5 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean

Wednesday 6 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean

I wonder if Disney discovered a new market and if it would be profitable to do a set of short cruises in Europe.

I wonder if Disney discovered a new market and if it would be profitable to do a set of short cruises in Europe.

I did hear someone on one of the Vlogs speculate about that, but I don't want to think about it as I have a Norwegian Fjords cruise booked on The Magic for September 2022. I know if DCL cancel yet again I'll just book another but thats not the point. Right now they have a pre Covid European summer season scheduled for summer 2022, first Mediterranean and then Northern Europe. But who knows what could happen between now and May 2022.

I don't think they would make changes to the 2022 summer season unless they have to.

But I can imagine that for 2023 they might have found a new market for people in Europe who look for a weekend or midweek getaway cruise. Disney's European cruises aren't that interesting for the European audience, but flying to the US for a 3 or 4 night cruise is also a bit much.

I would definitely sign up for it.

Another one here, I'd certainly do a 3/4 day staycation style cruise again. I don't have any interest in doing a European cruise with Disney. I can see those places for a lot less money and do a nearly identicial itineray with a different cruise line for less (I'm guessing here I haven't actually looked this up!). I'd prefer a trip which immerses me in the Disney bubble for a few days. Those cruises proves there's an appetite for it I guess now we wait and see what happens when the 2023 season comes along.

Update on The Magics Transatlantic Journey

Thursday 7 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean

Friday 8 October 2021
At Port Ponta Delgada

Saturday 9 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean
Destination Miami , Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter