DCL Transportation - Port of Miami

Trep72

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.
I just recently booked a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Wonder for March 16-21, 2013.

I was wondering if anyone knew how the Disney ground transportation would work in Miami? I'm probably going to be flying into Ft. Lauderdale a day early and will stay at a hotel there or in Miami and take the hotel shuttle to the port. But on the final day, will DCL transportation take me back to the Ft. Lauderdale airport, or just Miami Int'l???

I haven't found any postings about this, nor could I find anything on the usual info sites.

Thanks in advance!!!

;)

I called them today as we just moved our galveston cruise to the new years cruise, oddly it was the same price, and they only have transfers for MIA and are making a list for FLL as they are working on it. It seems right now they didn't realize how close they are together, LOL

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

I've got an email into my TA and will gladly share any add'l info once I get it.

I called them today as we just moved our galveston cruise to the new years cruise, oddly it was the same price, and they only have transfers for MIA and are making a list for FLL as they are working on it. It seems right now they didn't realize how close they are together, LOL

Here's the official word from my TA....which isn't much different than what you've already mentioned...LOL

"[FONT=&quot]Apparently, if you would like transfers from FLL they put you in waitlist status. They then get back to us and let us know if they can offer the transfers and if so, how much they will be."[/FONT]

Clear as mud? :confused3 :rotfl:

I call when I tried to book a client and the answer was no. There is a hertz very close to the port of Miami.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure that once Disney starts selling more and more cruises out of Miami, they'll change their minds. It's still early yet.

If all else fails, I'll fly into FLL the day before sailing and stay at a hotel that offers free transport to PoM.

I call when I tried to book a client and the answer was no. There is a hertz very close to the port of Miami.

After some searching I found quotes of $70 for a towncar from FLL area to PoM.

When I just looked at our reservation, the transfers offered are $20 each which I assume is from Miami Airport. Already cheaper to get a private car from FLL to the port, so I'm thinking even if Disney offers transfers from FLL it's not going to be cost effective for 4 of us.

Of course the $70 may go up between now and then, but something else worth considering if more than 3 people are travelling.
:goodvibes

After some searching I found quotes of $70 for a towncar from FLL area to PoM.

When I just looked at our reservation, the transfers offered are $20 each which I assume is from Miami Airport. Already cheaper to get a private car from FLL to the port, so I'm thinking even if Disney offers transfers from FLL it's not going to be cost effective for 4 of us.

Of course the $70 may go up between now and then, but something else worth considering if more than 3 people are travelling.
:goodvibes

You also have to see if that $70 rates includes tax and tip. If not, then it's going to be cheaper to go with DCL transfers for 4 or less people.

You also have to see if that $70 rates includes tax and tip. If not, then it's going to be cheaper to go with DCL transfers for 4 or less people.

Good point with the tax and tips, thanks. :goodvibes
That $20pp transfer with dcl is from MIA though. I'm thinking if they offer transfers from FLL it will be quite a lot more.

Part of my "dilemma" is that we are flying Southwest and they do not fly into Miami, and other airlines are way more expensive than SWA from OKC.

I have found a hotel in FLL that will offer free transportation from the airport to the hotel. They then will take us to the PoM the next morning. So that part isn't that big of a deal. It's coming home that I have to figure out.

I really think that Disney will figure this out and realize that FLL is not that much farther to travel and they will risk alienate travelers who fly there instead of MIA.

Thanks for the discussion. I'm a first time cruiser and while it's a year away before our trip, I'm in full-blown planning mode and want to figure out as much as I can, as quickly as I can. ;)

Part of my "dilemma" is that we are flying Southwest and they do not fly into Miami, and other airlines are way more expensive than SWA from OKC.

I have found a hotel in FLL that will offer free transportation from the airport to the hotel. They then will take us to the PoM the next morning. So that part isn't that big of a deal. It's coming home that I have to figure out.

I really think that Disney will figure this out and realize that FLL is not that much farther to travel and they will risk alienate travelers who fly there instead of MIA.

Thanks for the discussion. I'm a first time cruiser and while it's a year away before our trip, I'm in full-blown planning mode and want to figure out as much as I can, as quickly as I can. ;)

Were flying with Southwest also , it would be nice if they added a flight to Miami. Your in good company here if your already planning at 11months out.:lmao: Wait till you see the Cruise Magnet thread, that will give you something else to do;)

On one of the other Miami threads this company was recommended. Looks like they have great rates from Fort Lauderdale to the port.

http://ridesas.com/

I have used SAS before and I highly recommend them. Prompt service from our hotel in FLL (Hampton Inn Suites on Stirling Rd, which has free FLL shuttle and free breakfast night before), great service to the MIA port and great pick up. Price can't be beat! I think the rate now is $18 a person for 1-5 people.

I'm hoping DCL offers transfers to FLL - we are also flying SW and need to get to FLL. If not I did check out SAS and also renting a car for the day depending on what time our flight leaves.

We are on the Panama Canal cruise that arrives in Miami on 12/23 - guess we'll be the guniea pigs - hopefully they know what they are doing before we leave ;)

Do you mind sharing which hotel this is? we are trying to decide which airport to fly into and we are looking for a hotel that will both airport and port shuttles. Thanks!!

Our plans have changed a lot since that post nearly a year ago. We are now flying into Miami on American, which happened to end up being cheaper than SWA out of OKC. We will be using the hotel's free airport shuttle to take us back to MIA the morning of the cruise and then use DCL to go to the port and then DCL again on disembarkment day.

With that said, I don't remember what hotel I was referring to my previous post, but I know it didn't have both airport AND port shuttles. Just airport. I'm pretty sure it was a Hampton Inn, but I will do some looking and see if I can find it.

Do you mind sharing which hotel this is? we are trying to decide which airport to fly into and we are looking for a hotel that will both airport and port shuttles. Thanks!!

I stand corrected. Here's the hotel I think I was referring to at the time:

http://www.comfortinnfla.com/specials/port-of-miami-package.html

Hope this helps.

Our plans have changed a lot since that post nearly a year ago. We are now flying into Miami on American, which happened to end up being cheaper than SWA out of OKC. We will be using the hotel's free airport shuttle to take us back to MIA the morning of the cruise and then use DCL to go to the port and then DCL again on disembarkment day.

With that said, I don't remember what hotel I was referring to my previous post, but I know it didn't have both airport AND port shuttles. Just airport. I'm pretty sure it was a Hampton Inn, but I will do some looking and see if I can find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter