DCL Transfer from MCO

Cherinva

Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector
I am trying to decide on flying down the night before the cruise or the day of....my question....it we fly in the day of the cruise (I would book the earliest flight out)...when is the cut off for taking the DCL bus to the port?

Also...what about the luggage? I think I heard that the luggage will be taken right to the ship, but what if I want to get my own and have it with me? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

We live inFlorida and come down the night before. You can't count on the airlines come in the day before.

If at all possible, come to Orlando the night before. We've had to do the first flight out in the morning--it is no fun at all. You get up before the crack of dawn, hope your flight runs on time...never manage a direct flight on that early one, so we have to change planes and hope our luggage does too. Get to MCO and FLY off the plane and to the Welcome Center at a time when you'd already like to be on the ship.

OK, the last scheduled bus to the terminal is 2:30. I've seen them later, but...last scheduled. If you have DCL transfers, they will claim your luggage for you and you'll see it in your cabin.

Honestly, flying in the night before is so much more relaxing, and adds minimal cost to the trip (we get a Priceline room for under $50.)

If at all possible, come to Orlando the night before. We've had to do the first flight out in the morning--it is no fun at all. You get up before the crack of dawn, hope your flight runs on time...never manage a direct flight on that early one, so we have to change planes and hope our luggage does too. Get to MCO and FLY off the plane and to the Welcome Center at a time when you'd already like to be on the ship.

OK, the last scheduled bus to the terminal is 2:30. I've seen them later, but...last scheduled. If you have DCL transfers, they will claim your luggage for you and you'll see it in your cabin.

Honestly, flying in the night before is so much more relaxing, and adds minimal cost to the trip (we get a Priceline room for under $50.)

I don't mind flying out early...and for us, it's only a 2 hour flight...most of them non stops....and I've never had one delayed out of our airport...but there is a first time for everything....I'm strongly considering getting in the night before. Thanks for the quick response.

This is what I'm doing. I choose a red eye flight from Seattle. My cruise starts on saturday september 22 so i'm leaving thursday night. This flight gets me into Orlando Friday morning around 9:30 am. So i plan on spending the day at WDW. Then i will stay the night at Hyatt and take dcl TO PC. so please think about flying in the night before because it will give you time to rest. There is enough to worry about
I don't mind flying out early...and for us, it's only a 2 hour flight...most of them non stops....and I've never had one delayed out of our airport...but there is a first time for everything....I'm strongly considering getting in the night before. Thanks for the quick response.

Disney will handle your luggage if you arrive day of. It is taken on a truck separately. If you really want to handle your own luggage you would just leave the DCL luggage tags OFF the bags and claim them at the baggage carousel. You are paying for the convenience of luggage handling....you can handle your own but it seems to defeat the purpose of the convenience part of it.

If you come in the day before you will claim your own luggage and if you them to transport it you hand it over to the staff at the ME check in counter at the airport.

MJ

If there is more than 2 people traveling in your party, I would consider using a transportation service other than DCl. It's so expensive. We always use www.fltours.com
Excellent service and VERY popular to and from the WDW resorts and MCO to the port. You will save if you are traveling with more than a few people. Check it out.

Have a happy day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter