DCL Staff members that are not tipped?

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
The staff that are not tipped such as the kids club members, i know their salary is included in what we pay for the cruise, but they do good work with these kids and unless dcl is paying them like 20 bucks an hour i want to give them somthing or at least the ones in my dtrs club. Does anyone know if they are paid well? If you have tipped them since they cannot accpet cash, what have you used for tips for them?

here is what i found out from dcl, the kids club staff are not tipped, they said here is the policy you can give them a gift just not cash, now they are not to accpet it, but policy states they must refuse it three times, but if a customer is insisting then afther the third refusal they must accept it, it cannot be more then 75 bucks, so if you are gonna give a gift to the kids club staff, offer it 3 times let them refuse then after the thrid they can take it. I will just insist after the first and make it short-lol

The kid's club CMs who have posted on the boards report that everything they are given by guests must be pooled for the group. Candy is shared. The money is collected & they have a party with it for the entire group. The GCs are used for raffles at their weekly meetings for the group.

They love to have international phone cards to call home from the ports.

floridaminnie said:

i know from traveling there are different ones, do you know where to get the ones they can used, the ratio is 1:25

HappyLawyer said:
i know from traveling there are different ones, do you know where to get the ones they can used, the ratio is 1:25

I have bought International Calling Cards at Sam's club. On the back they say how much they are worth in the states and International.

floridaminnie said:

With the wide spread availability of cell phones now, does anyone know if phone cards are still a good choice? I know our server last summer had a cell phone. She said it was great because she could call home even when she just had a few minutes and wasn't getting off the ship.

I would think that a phone card would still be good since you can use the phone card with the cell phone for a lot less than a direct call.

We made gift bags full of candy for cruise laste week. We gave them to anyone we wanted to have a little something extra. We made large bags to give to a group (like the nursery staff) to share and then small personalized bags for individuals.

There was no problems accepting it the first time my daughter walked up with them. They were very excited to get candy and made sure we knew it. One person even sent a thank you card to the room. Another CM found us about two hours after we gave her the bag to tell us all the chocolates were in her tummy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!