DCL selling fish extender

minorthr

DIS Veteran
Maybe I missed this on the board but I was just looking through the gifts and amenities page and I noticed item #2257 Family Nautical package $63

"Enjoy this unique family fun package filled with games and fun. Send and create memories with this unique DCL gift hanger and tote bag with a bottom cooler. Fun for the entire voyage! Included in this package is a tote bag with a bottom cooler, unique cruise line game set with pouch-3 games in 1 (chess, checkers and backgammon), DCL gift hanger and two luggage straps. Please note: The DCL gift hanger doesn't contain any items/gifts. DCL is not responsible for any missing items."

Per the usual with these gifts the pic is terrible but here it is. Sorry if it was posted before

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 2.58.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 2.58.23 PM.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 394

The picture looks nice. I have not seen this before, and it looked like there were a couple of other new gifts also

I hope people understand that in order to get gifts, you usually have to be on a list and provide them. To the 2nd time cruiser (who is not on DIS)...they may have seen these "Hangers" on people's fish filled to the brim with gifts and naively think that they too will get gifts with this package through DCL.

I surely hope that this does not lead to people complaining to DCL and then eventually DCL just doing away with allowing people to have a FE.

I hope people understand that in order to get gifts, you usually have to be on a list and provide them. To the 2nd time cruiser (who is not on DIS)...they may have seen these "Hangers" on people's fish filled to the brim with gifts and naively think that they too will get gifts with this package through DCL.

I surely hope that this does not lead to people complaining to DCL and then eventually DCL just doing away with allowing people to have a FE.

Good point!

Yea that is a good point

Good point. I know I've read that TAs in the past have just told people they've booked "hang up a Fish Extender, and you'll get gifts". No mention of joining an actual group.

I have seen people hanging them up hoping some one would put something in it. I feel sorry for the ones that have been mislead.

This will either be great or backfire horribly. It's not like Disney sanctioned FEs means Disney sanctioned gifts. Unless they start selling that too. I've heard of parents not signing up for FE groups and just gifting their kids small things. This might be great for them.

Anyone else use their FE to help them find their room easily? :earsgirl: My plans would be foiled if I bought one of these along with a few of my nearby neighbors. :crazy2:

Anyone else use their FE to help them find their room easily? :earsgirl: My plans would be foiled if I bought one of these along with a few of my nearby neighbors. :crazy2:

Never had a problem finding my cabin...but I seem to be in the minority.

It definitely helped...and when you are coming back a few glasses of wine deep after dinner, seeing "MunFam" hanging on the sign confirms that you are indeed going in to the right room. :teeth:

EDIT: But that would not help anyone buying the package, since its not customized. We bought ours for a really reasonable price on etsy. I sew and planned to make my own, but after seeing the quality and reviews of the seller, I just ordered one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112625...query=3 pocket fish extender&ref=sr_gallery_3

This will either be great or backfire horribly. It's not like Disney sanctioned FEs means Disney sanctioned gifts. Unless they start selling that too. I've heard of parents not signing up for FE groups and just gifting their kids small things. This might be great for them.
Have you really? I was just wondering if it was ok to do that with my own children? I was going to be part of a group and it just got too big. I want to just do it myself for my own kids but thought maybe that would be frowned upon? I would have zero expectation of getting anything from anyone else.

Unless they have changed the description, it clearly states that it doesn't contain any gifts.

Have you really? I was just wondering if it was ok to do that with my own children? I was going to be part of a group and it just got too big. I want to just do it myself for my own kids but thought maybe that would be frowned upon? I would have zero expectation of getting anything from anyone else.
Certainly you may hang your own Fish Extender holder. And gift whatever you'd like. There's no way others onboard know whether you're part of a "group" or by yourselves.

I've read where extended families have just been their own "group".

Unless they have changed the description, it clearly states that it doesn't contain any gifts.
I believe, when the item first appeared, that sentence wasn't included in the description. At least, that's what I recall. Someone posted that it was being sold like as soon as it showed up in the gifts and I checked it out, and thought to myself, "Hope no one thinks this means automatic gifts".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter