DCL Ground Transportation from WDW to Port Canaveral

RatherDrive

DVC - BWV
We have completed our on-line check-in for our upcoming Christmas Cruise on the Disney Fantasy and can see that we have paid for ground transportation. We have never taken the DCL transportation option to the port from WDW before. So we are unsure about our reservation information. Our TA has told DCL that we are leaving BWV to Port Canaveral but I have nothing from DCL stating this.

Do we get any "paperwork" from DCL regarding ground transfers? If so, does this arrive with the luggage tags?

If booked from a Disney Resort to Port Canaveral, does PAT matter?

We can check-in at midnight tonight. We have a reservation at ASMo the night before our cruise and have DCL Transport booked. Should I try to grab an early PAT or does it matter if arriving this way?

TIA!

Your port arrival time doesn't matter with DCL transport. We checked in about 3 days after it opened and I don't know if it knew that we have DCL transport but we got 11 am. I was surprised after hearing about people getting up at midnight and getting later times.

Unless things have vastly changed in the last couple of years, if you are taking DCL transfers from a WDW resort to the port, you will get a letter the night before your cruise that tells you when and where to meet in the hotel the next day and when/how your luggage will be picked up. You could check with the desk when you check in just to make sure that they have confirmation that you have transfers, but they've never let us down. Our luggage has always been picked up exactly when they told us. Make sure to go down to the meeting place about 15 minutes before they say so you can make sure you're in the right place and so you can check in with the person there. We've been picked up any time between 10:30 and 1:00 pm over the years, but I'm hearing that some people are being picked up even earlier, so don't book a late breakfast and make sure your luggage is ready when they say they will pick it up. You can take your luggage to the bus if you want, but why would you if someone else will haul it?

I read that if I stay at the Swan or Dolphin I can get the DCL bus from the Boardwalk. I would just need to stop by to get the letter. Does this sound right?

We took the Disney bus from a resort and received a letter in the room the night before as well as an email with the details.
Thanks for all the helpful information in your link!

I see that the bus that picked you up at Coronado Springs wasn’t a Disney Cruise bus. Does anyone know the chances of getting a Disney Cruise bus from Coronado Springs or any other resort?
We’re staying there the night before the cruise partially so that we can take Disney transport and fulfill my relative’s childhood dreams of taking a Disney Cruise bus to the port.

Also questioning how one gets the letter if not actually staying at resort.
We are at Shades of Green and getting bus to DCL at Poly.
Do I go to Poly and ask for letter?

Thanks for all the helpful information in your link!

I see that the bus that picked you up at Coronado Springs wasn’t a Disney Cruise bus. Does anyone know the chances of getting a Disney Cruise bus from Coronado Springs or any other resort?
We’re staying there the night before the cruise partially so that we can take Disney transport and fulfill my relative’s childhood dreams of taking a Disney Cruise bus to the port.
I am net sure what the odds are of getting a themed Disney Cruise Bus to pick you up. The Bus we took to the airport after the cruise was a themed Disney Cruise Bus.

Also questioning how one gets the letter if not actually staying at resort.
We are at Shades of Green and getting bus to DCL at Poly.
Do I go to Poly and ask for letter?
We also got an email and the wording was exactly the same as the paper letter.

We stayed at the Dolphin and Boardwalk was our pickup. We did not get anything but a phone call - we stopped by the Boardwalk and picked up our letter. We walked over in the am, met the group, and got on our way. It was seamless and a great way to start our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter