DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

Crab legs are only Palo brunch AFAIK. There are rock crab claws at Cabanas. And they are great, but not quite as good as legs in most people's opinions.
Well darn. That’s a bummer. Thanks for the clarification!

The claws are more work, and they have a different texture, it's like the difference between white and dark poultry. I live in an area where we eat blue crab on a regular basis and I prefer claws. That carries over to the larger species of crab as well. I think they have more flavor than the white meat in crab legs or bodies. They are the most popular crab dish in area restaurants.

I love this idea! Fun thread.

For me it's those crazy addictive chicken fingers. I have no clue why I love them so much (I'm not usually a big chicken finger person), but I do. I try to convince myself if I go and get a bowl of fruit, it somehow makes up for eating chicken fingers for lunch. :rotfl2:
My husband is the same - I think he ate them everyday!!

Bumping....

Been craving DCL goodies this week. I want a chicken finger! a Mocha Experience from the Cove Cafe! and the that oh so yummy little apple crumb muffin from Palo Brunch!

What have you been craving that you love so much but know you shouldn't

I wouldn't touch corned beef hash in "real life" but I eat it every morning on DCL. That and the hash brown planks, lol. Then the rest of the plate is filled with fruit to make up for the other stuff.

Warm sticky pudding cake in mdr omg love love that cake even though so sweet

And palo chocolate soufflé 😍

my guilty pleasures are the chicken tenders (which I had ever day for a snack on my last cruise) and those hash brown planks. I don't eat fried stuff a lot at home but man that stuff is yummmmmmmmm.

It's baaaaack! Thanks for resurrecting the thread! We're back on the Fantasy next month, and there are definitely hash brown planks and chicken fingers in my future ::yes::

I wouldn't touch corned beef hash in "real life" but I eat it every morning on DCL. That and the hash brown planks, lol. Then the rest of the plate is filled with fruit to make up for the other stuff.

Yes! I'm not sure what it is about those triangle hash browns but they are soooooo good! I had one every morning.

I have never had the souffle but I finally wore DH down to do Palo dinner and brunch on our next cruise.

I highly recommend requesting the espresso gelato rather than the vanilla with the chocolate soufflé - it is AMAZING!! (Also remember that the soufflé is only at dinner, not brunch.)

I highly recommend requesting the espresso gelato rather than the vanilla with the chocolate soufflé - it is AMAZING!! (Also remember that the soufflé is only at dinner, not brunch.)
Thanks for the tip @Dug720 . I know you can't get it at brunch (we've done that several times) and it is one of the reasons I want to try Palo for dinner. Sylvio our server at Palo the last 4 or 5 times begs us to book dinner - he tells us he wants to indulge us and provide us with the full experience. :flower1: When we saw him last he told us he is scheduled to be onboard during our next cruise - so he will finally get his chance, and I am so looking forward to it. We will do brunch next trip as well too.

That really sounds delicious. I only wish I could, but the caffeine load from the chocolate soufflé is already more than I can take that late in the day. Adding some espresso gelato would be over the top to the point that I would be wired for the entire night. My body just doesn’t process caffeine like it did when I was younger. I was happy when the amaretto soufflé was added to the menu, and I actually request to get it with the vanilla instead of the espresso.

All the gf baked goodies they have available. I don't eat much of that stuff at home (hello refined carbs and lots of calories), but having a warm roll with dinner or a doughnut with breakfast, yum! And I know I can probably buy the exact same products at the grocery store, but it's just better on DCL.
LOVE the dinner rolls that I don’t normally eat, but treat myself to on a DCL cruise!

Those darn chicken strips/nuggets and fries. I never eat anything like that during "normal" life, but on the cruise... A weakness.

Croissants at cabanas at breakfast with apricot jam and a cappuccino from the Cove. So yummy!

And the Moet Ice... Yeah, that is liquid nourishment. That is what I tell myself anyway. LOL

Those darn chicken strips/nuggets and fries. I never eat anything like that during "normal" life, but on the cruise... A weakness.

YUP... same here. Publix sells ones that are close, but they never taste as good as the ones on the ship. DH makes fun of me and the servers always think I'm crazy... I walk up and ask for 1 chicken finger and a couple fries. They always ask... "are you sure?" YES just one. That way I can go back later in the day and get another one, and then maybe one more later again and not feel guilty. ☺

YUP... same here. Publix sells ones that are close, but they never taste as good as the ones on the ship. DH makes fun of me and the servers always think I'm crazy... I walk up and ask for 1 chicken finger and a couple fries. They always ask... "are you sure?" YES just one. That way I can go back later in the day and get another one, and then maybe one more later again and not feel guilty. ☺

Yes! This is how I do it. I am such a guilty eater of those things! One cruise I sent the kids. A plate of the chicken, a plate of the fries. Then everyone digs in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter