DCL Dropped a cart of luggage in the water

What is funny…not really, but a few years ago, I overheard someone say the same thing-that their bag had fallen into the water while loading the ship.
I guess they didn’t learn from their mistake.
I recall seeing a Dis post about that years ago as well and it has stayed in the back of my mind every time I prepare for a trip. So, as frustrating as these things are, I try to look at them as learning experiences, not just for the unfortunate person it happened to, but to all of us that travel.

First, the importance of trip insurance. Lots of people think trip insurance is only for a missed cruise and forget or don't know that it can be used to replace lost, damaged or delayed luggage.

Second, the need to put anything of real value (emotional of financial), in your carry-on bags. I know you can't put everything in your carryon, but certainly your medication, electronics, special jewelry or watch, passport, event tickets, Trip insurance paperwork etc. should be easily fit into a carryon bag.

So yes, most of you all know this, and so you can scroll on by no problem. But some people need to be reminded from time to time (including myself).

Some of the people for the Facebook group that I was part of had this happen to them. DCL gave them a credit and they had to dispute the contents after getting off the ship. She said it was a real pain to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter