DCL - Drinks Package

I am not sure how current these menus are but they can be a good reference point. Hope this helps!

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/disney-cruise-drinks/

Thank you for the info! Super helpful. We are going on a cruise in May, and I got a message from the concierge service team that mentioned booking a select beverage tasting. I'm assuming it will be adult beverages. Has anyone else done this, and is there an additional cost?

Thank you for the info! Super helpful. We are going on a cruise in May, and I got a message from the concierge service team that mentioned booking a select beverage tasting. I'm assuming it will be adult beverages. Has anyone else done this, and is there an additional cost?

I'm going to guess they are referring to things like Mixology, wine, beer, mojito/caipirinha, chocolate/liquor tastings, etc. Yes, there is an additional cost - I know on my last cruise they were $20 per person per session (chocolate and liquor was a bit higher - maybe $30?), these prices increased in recent months but I can't recall what they are now.

Like the above poster said there is an additional cost, but in my opinion it is minimal. While the drinks usually aren't "full size" they aren't tiny either and they don't skimp on the alcohol. In my recent mixology class we had a margarita, mojito, martini, gin & tonic, and two shots (price was somewhere in the $20-30 range). I think the experience of each class is worth paying a little extra for as well! I have heard great things about the mojito/caipirinha class as well! I'll be doing the champagne tasting on my cruise this week so I'll let you know about that if you are interested!

Personally I like the 10 for 75 card that RCCL sometimes offer which is similar to the Martini deal they used to offer in skyline lounge, not sure if they still do and nothing like it on the classics.

The packages themselves are a waste, but I am guessing lines hope people buy them and then expect them not to come close in actually getting their value out of them. One of those purchases that sounds good till you actually look at it. Seeing how some people prepare to cruise at work I could see many paying for it without figuring out if it is a good or bad deal.

Personally I like the 10 for 75 card that RCCL sometimes offer which is similar to the Martini deal they used to offer in skyline lounge, not sure if they still do and nothing like it on the classics.

The packages themselves are a waste, but I am guessing lines hope people buy them and then expect them not to come close in actually getting their value out of them. One of those purchases that sounds good till you actually look at it. Seeing how some people prepare to cruise at work I could see many paying for it without figuring out if it is a good or bad deal.

I'm sure you are right. Most lines make their money off the people who buy the package without even thinking about if it is a good or bad deal for them.

But like anything, there is a subset of extreme planners (sound familiar?) who do break it down. I have been on the boards for other cruise lines, and not only have they broken it down by "How many drinks per day makes it worth it?" but their spreadsheets (sound familiar again?) even distinguish between TYPES of drinks so X beer, or Y wine, or Z mixed drinks, per day, etc. They also account for specialty coffee drinks and things if those are included in the drink plans.

So if one goes and finds one of those spreadsheets, one can easily put in their normal habits (wine with dinner, a couple mixed drinks later, specialty coffee in the morning and at lunch, etc.) and figure out if it works for you.

Where the cruise lines REALLY get you is that most of those packages are required to be purchased for every over 21 adult in the stateroom. Ostensibly it is because otherwise sharing drinks would be too easy (which is valid) but realistically, it is because there is almost never a stateroom where everyone drinks enough to make it worth it.

Though there are plenty of posts by people who manange to MAKE it worth it. Which, to me is the best reason for DCL not to have such a package offering.

I do like the Skyline Passport option though! My wife and I split it and it was nice.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess they are referring to things like Mixology, wine, beer, mojito/caipirinha, chocolate/liquor tastings, etc. Yes, there is an additional cost - I know on my last cruise they were $20 per person per session (chocolate and liquor was a bit higher - maybe $30?), these prices increased in recent months but I can't recall what they are now.
They just raised the prices. Champagne tasting was $35pp on the January 2 sailing.

Compared to our other cruise lines, DCL did have relatively low drink costs. We also enjoyed the mixology and other specialty classes. They were informative and a lot of fun!

Count me in as someone who wishes they would! I plan on maintaining a decent buzz on my upcoming cruise and the lack of alcohol packages definitely puts a damper on that. Of course I will individually purchase the drinks, but I hate that I will have to budget and keep up with it. I would much rather pay and then not worry about it.

I realize Disney isn't a booze cruise, but it's still a cruise that caters to those who want to relax on vacation. Well, some relax with a drink lol. I read that the old rules were that you could bring bottles of liquor on the ship. That would definitely work better for me. I'm concerned that Disney won't make their drinks as strong as to my liking, thus not getting my money's worth. In which case I will just turn to shots to get the job done.

I'm not a beer drinker and I'm not big on wine, so those carry on exceptions aren't beneficial to me. I hope Disney will reconsider in the future.

From my experience (1 time cruise) some drinks are on the weaker side, especially the drink of the day that is $5 or whatever, it is basically like a splash of liquor and a bunch of juice. It's tasty but very weak. However, you can get stronger drinks at the bar, for instance ordering a natural margarita.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter