DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Sounds like anyone that has driven to the port is having an absolute nightmare there today. Apparenlty, if social media can be believed, the are testing in-car, and the cars cant proceed until the test result has come back (meaning that there is quite the backup of cars)!

It was basically people who turned up early for their PAT times blocking cars that turned up on their PAT times from being able to enter the facility and therefore they had to wait until other PAT times had passed before they could actually enter according to the later reports. So those that got there in the first few PAT times were fine but as more people arrived early it became a bottleneck as people weren't being sent away they were just sat blocking those who should have been going in at that time. If people actually arrived when they had booked this would have stopped some of this issue. I don't think it helps that I've seen multiple people on the test cruises suggesting you turn up early as it takes so long to process but turning up before your PAT is just actually delaying other people!

About parking in Liverpool...

Someone suggested here to book the Ibis car park which we did.
Thanks for the tip :)

I was wondering should we "walk" our luggage from the car park to the Arena or should my husband drop me off with the luggage park the car and walk back?

I`m a bit concerned reading some info above that he might stuck in line with the car after he dropped me off... or is there a separate entrance for drop off and to use the Arena`s car park?

Any advice would be much appreciated. 3 more days :)

I was wondering should we "walk" our luggage from the car park to the Arena or should my husband drop me off with the luggage park the car and walk back?

I`m a bit concerned reading some info above that he might stuck in line with the car after he dropped me off... or is there a separate entrance for drop off and to use the Arena`s car park?

I would just park at Ibis and walk there together, it's a very short, easy walk with excellent crossing options over the main road. The traffic in Liverpool has been horrendous the past week for various reasons, we live a 30 min drive from the centre of Liverpool and we are budgeting it to take an hour, just in case.

We parked at the Ibis when we were on MSC Virtuosa two weeks ago and had no trouble walking from the car to the arena with our luggage and that included my 71 and 73 year old parents. We’ll be doing the exact same thing when we embark on the Magic on Friday.

We have just booked a 3 night cruise from Southampton in August. This will be our second Disney cruise although appreciate there are now many changes for covid. After checking in we were disappointed to see that the Disney Dreams is sold out for all shows, despite still being advertised as part of the cruise experience. The booking page does say 'Orchestra seating' so does anyone know if that will mean there will be other seating available once on board that doesn't need to be booked?

We have just booked a 3 night cruise from Southampton in August. This will be our second Disney cruise although appreciate there are now many changes for covid. After checking in we were disappointed to see that the Disney Dreams is sold out for all shows, despite still being advertised as part of the cruise experience. The booking page does say 'Orchestra seating' so does anyone know if that will mean there will be other seating available once on board that doesn't need to be booked?

What's your sailing date?

We sail on the 13th August

I can't substantiate all of this, but I assumed that it would sell out very quickly so I woke up at 5am the day of to book it (July 23rd Cruise from Liverpool), and I believe it sold out that morning. Disney did a very poor job in this regard imo, as "broadway style shows" are a main selling point of their cruises, especially in a cruise where many normal activities have been cancelled.

HOWEVER - as of today, 5 days from sailing, there appears to now be availability for the late showing on day 2 (obviously I can't book it because you are only allowed to book it once and my wife are already booked to see the early showing on day 4. So it's possible that they add more shows once they see what the crowds are like.

I do completely understand and side with your frustration. Now, on the earlier Liverpool sailings (15th, 18th), I heard they added a Matinee show to cater for people who missed out, so it's possible that will happen on your cruise too, but that was only something someone posted on Facebook.

Good luck!

P.S. The two times I contacted DCL on the phone they were very helpful, they might know more. Failing that, you can always check with Guest Relations when you got on board for any last-minute availability.

Last edited:
It was basically people who turned up early for their PAT times blocking cars that turned up on their PAT times from being able to enter the facility and therefore they had to wait until other PAT times had passed before they could actually enter according to the later reports. So those that got there in the first few PAT times were fine but as more people arrived early it became a bottleneck as people weren't being sent away they were just sat blocking those who should have been going in at that time. If people actually arrived when they had booked this would have stopped some of this issue. I don't think it helps that I've seen multiple people on the test cruises suggesting you turn up early as it takes so long to process but turning up before your PAT is just actually delaying other people!

Gizmo,

yes I agree, every Vlogger we have seen said turn up early, yet Disney are very clear, DO NOT turn up early.

It would however make sense to allow cars to park (to avoid tailbacks & to allow those who have an early PAT to proceed to check in, failing that have traffic control, where they walk up the que, find those who should be arriving & allow them access. Although from a safety and logistic perspective, allowing everyone to park, then funnel people into several queues (as this will also allow for those who are walking up or in taxi etc) based on PAT makes most sense.

i appreciate that planning a trip to any location, esp a port isn’t easy as you have to allow for traffic (which at best is unpredictable ) and of course the family excitement, so early arrival is a given in most cases.

Last edited:
I can't substantiate all of this, but I assumed that it would sell out very quickly so I woke up at 5am the day of to book it (July 23rd Cruise from Liverpool), and I believe it sold out that morning. Disney did a very poor job in this regard imo, as "broadway style shows" are a main selling point of their cruises, especially in a cruise where many normal activities have been cancelled.

HOWEVER - as of today, 5 days from sailing, there appears to now be availability for the late showing on day 2 (obviously I can't book it because you are only allowed to book it once and my wife are already booked to see the early showing on day 4. So it's possible that they add more shows once they see what the crowds are like.

I do completely understand and side with your frustration. Now, one the earlier Liverpool sailings (15th, 18th), I heard they added a Matinee show to cater for people who missed out, so it's possible that will happen on your cruise too, but that was only something someone posted on Facebook.

Good luck!

P.S. The two times I contacted DCL on the phone they were very helpful, they might know more. Failing that, you can always check with Guest Relations when you got on board for any last-minute availability.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully an extra show will open up and I may call to see what is going on.

On our first cruise I did the same and was up at 5am to check in. For this cruise we only booked today so a few days after check in was opened. I was prepared for some activities such as wine tasting or some spa treatments to be fully booked but the 'Broadway style shows' are a major selling point and are still being advertised although it seems not actually on offer once you have paid. Just seems a bit off really, especially afer the great time we had on our first cruise.

YAY!

16 Day 14 hours left on the countdown & finally the online Check in is complete. It’s taken since it opened, but am there at last.

Sadly still waiting on Prenetics to verify my daughters jabs (was uploaded the day it opened!) have called & emailed, but communication with them is unhelpful and very slow. Not as good as I hoped. Just hope when we do our sons test they are a bit swifter!!!

YAY!

16 Day 14 hours left on the countdown & finally the online Check in is complete. It’s taken since it opened, but am there at last.

Sadly still waiting on Prenetics to verify my daughters jabs (was uploaded the day it opened!) have called & emailed, but communication with them is unhelpful and very slow. Not as good as I hoped. Just hope when we do our sons test they are a bit swifter!!!
That's mental. 😵. Prenetics only took a few days with us.

7D5D2125-8A7E-4687-B389-29E02DABA5D7.jpeg

I went for a long walk this morning to take in the Magic. She looked amazing sat there in the Liverpool sunshine. You could hear Disney tunes coming from the ship while walking alongside the ship and it just made me all the more excited for Friday!

View attachment 590425

View attachment 590426

I went for a long walk this morning to take in the Magic. She looked amazing sat there in the Liverpool sunshine. You could hear Disney tunes coming from the ship while walking alongside the ship and it just made me all the more excited for Friday!

Well, you've successfully transmitted your excitement to my wife and I! We can't wait until Friday either! Hopefully there will be some more videos dropping this evening.

YAY!

I have called them a few times. They said they are struggling with demand and to call back in a few days…….

about 10 mins ago, the status finally changed thankfully. Just hope when we do our sons test 5 days out we don’t have any dramas (we will take it to a drop in centre, as there is one near by) ,

The first vlogs from paying customers are now online. I have posted the links in the other thread.

Edit: Has the mask policy changed? During a quiz in O'Gills people are not wearing masks (as seen in A Clairey Tale vlog).

Last edited:
The One Manc's Dream video is really good if you want the liverpool specific info, watched it tonight, he's doing a new video each night this week. He's also been super helpful and quick to reply to my questions on his youtube channel. My wife literally squealed when she saw Ariel was on the ship, I hadn't seen her on any other videos.

The One Manc's Dream video is really good if you want the liverpool specific info, watched it tonight, he's doing a new video each night this week. He's also been super helpful and quick to reply to my questions on his youtube channel. My wife literally squealed when she saw Ariel was on the ship, I hadn't seen her on any other videos.
I would agree his video was the most interesting. However I think the staycation cruises are missing some of the Disney magic.

so far he is the only only to show the muster point & what to do & the only one to show what the Key to the World card means, and for first timers (like us) that’s super helpful.

Good to see new vlogs with more helpful info being uploaded. Can already see some changes since the test cruises, so shows Disney are adapting to make sure despite any restrictions the cruise remains “magic “

Although so far, has anyone seen Mickey Waffles at breakfast (not Palo) in any vlogs? So far I’ve not seen any and although they are iconic, they seem elusive……. 😱

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter