DCL customer service cannot find 20% discount cruise letter from my cruise in January??!

Sherrilatte

Bad to the Bone
I'm trying to apply my cruise discount from an interrupted cruise in January where the Fantasy issued me a letter that stated I could apply my 20% discount on the next sailing within 24 month with the exception of the Wish maiden voyage. When I try to apply it, customer service can't find it. Been on hold for an additional 2 hours waiting them to them to find what happened to my credit, they as for my reservation number, I supplied---still holding. They see my past cruise in the system...still on hold! What is going on? Is there someone else I can contact before I lose the sailing category I want?

I'm trying to apply my cruise discount from an interrupted cruise in January where the Fantasy issued me a letter that stated I could apply my 20% discount on the next sailing within 24 month with the exception of the Wish maiden voyage. When I try to apply it, customer service can't find it. Been on hold for an additional 2 hours waiting them to them to find what happened to my credit, they as for my reservation number, I supplied---still holding. They see my past cruise in the system...still on hold! What is going on? Is there someone else I can contact before I lose the sailing category I want?
I was on the WB Panama Canal cruise in 2020 that got a 40percent discount because of the pandemic related issues that occurred. In our cruise group people mentioned that after DCL did their IT ‘upgrade’ they lost the records on the discounts that hadn’t been applied to a sailing. Do you have your own record of the discount letter? You may need to provide it.

I was on the WB Panama Canal cruise in 2020 that got a 40percent discount because of the pandemic related issues that occurred. In our cruise group people mentioned that after DCL did their IT ‘upgrade’ they lost the records on the discounts that hadn’t been applied to a sailing. Do you have your own record of the discount letter? You may need to provide it.
But what do they need a letter for? They know that @Sherrilatte was on the cruise and they know that everyone on the cruise got a future 20% discount. I guess they have to check that the discount wasn't already used, but then that should be the end of it.

But what do they need a letter for? They know that @Sherrilatte was on the cruise and they know that everyone on the cruise got a future 20% discount. I guess they have to check that the discount wasn't already used, but then that should be the end of it.
Individual front end cast members on the phone don’t necessarily know that though. They won’t have all the data on the discount because it was lost in the upgrade if it wasn’t already linked to a reservation. OP will likely need to escalate to get a workaround.

And this is why calling DCL takes 5 hours!
Nods..

We had 2 discounts to stack a 20% from our January Dream and our 50% from our cancelled Wish and it took forever to get them correct since all the discounts require manual adjustments per each passengers.

I had the same issue they couldn’t find my 20% discount I received on the Fantasy New Years cruise. I called a few times and they finally found it under my castaway number and clicked on coupons

This explains why hold times are so long.
Yep. DCL has it set up so customers can do little online themselves and also a lot of stuff that even their own staff can’t do without manual overrides and other nonsense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter