DCL 2014 Do you go or just say NO!

Did you book DCL 2014 with the big in price?

• YES!

• No Way!

• weighing my options/waiting for a miracle

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are going to try and book an Eastern cruise - but the prices are looking a little high - especially for so far out :(.

We will probably wait to book it until we're on our Feb. Cruise and get the 10% discount.

I have booked for May 3rd Eastern on the Fantasy. Since the beginning I have taken 5 May cruises and 3 in September. I have not noticed a significant increase in either. Just the normal inflation.....

If we could still cruise in early December and take the kids out of school, we could also enjoy the lower rates. Unfortunately that is not the case and we are having to cruise during the summer. :eek:

A GTY isn't a rate; it's just that you don't have a room assigned. The cheaper rates are VGT/OGT/IGT.

Exactly!!! A GTY option will appear when a certain percentage of a stateroom category has been sold. This simply allows DCL to be able to move guests around as needed onboard with future bookings. It gives them flexibility, but does not mean that the room is sold at a discount. Actually, since DCL uses a tiered system when a category reaches the GTY status the price is higher than it was at opening and is near the maximum price for that category.

I did book, I'm not sure how I feel about it either! 8 of us, 4 day Dream end of March 2014, 2 connecting inside cabins. $5976.00. I did appreciate the reduced deposit requirement but TA also has a 7 day Carnival Dream same time, better cabins for $4900.00. Luckily I can cancel and switch but do I want to do that, no, but is the difference in money making me think otherwise, yes it is!!!!! I have sailed on both and know the difference. most of my party has never sailed but want to experience the Disney Cruise so badly. I am paying 95% of this cruise so it is my decision. I have some thinking to do......:scratchin

I say NO can't they be more inventive with their ports. And those prices are out of this world. We tried to book 4 people for a Cat11C on spring break 2014 and it was $3000 I almost fell off my chair. When we went on the Dream in 2011 for spring break 3 of us in a Cat11C we only paid $1350

rosermama said:
I say NO can't they be more inventive with their ports. And those prices are out of this world. We tried to book 4 people for a Cat11C on spring break 2014 and it was $3000 I almost fell off my chair. When we went on the Dream in 2011 for spring break 3 of us in a Cat11C we only paid $1350

Just out of pure curiosity - how did they announce the date release on board?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If we could still cruise in early December and take the kids out of school, we could also enjoy the lower rates. Unfortunately that is not the case and we are having to cruise during the summer. :eek:

Exactly!!! A GTY option will appear when a certain percentage of a stateroom category has been sold. This simply allows DCL to be able to move guests around as needed onboard with future bookings. It gives them flexibility, but does not mean that the room is sold at a discount. Actually, since DCL uses a tiered system when a category reaches the GTY status the price is higher than it was at opening and is near the maximum price for that category.

This still confuses me and I have mentioned it here before. The Cat 9B rooms we booked, were cheaper than the Inside rooms, so we assumed that was because the GTY rooms were a reduced price. I guess we misunderstood...?

We also got a stateroom assigned right away. It seems we had some booking glitch though, based on what I have read on these boards.

Tiger

I went ahead and booked two rooms for the 4N cruise to the Bahamas on the Dream...it leaves Easter Sunday, and I didn't think it was any more expensive than the cruises I priced for 2013. Cat 5E, hard to get cabins, and main dining, which we never could get with our Presidents Week Caribbean cruise, for 3A1C...

Silverfox97 said:
Just out of pure curiosity - how did they announce the date release on board?

For gold members and above we got a listing in our room the night before and then we could book. The next day they made an announcement that the following day people could make or change to 2014 dates and a list of dates would be in their room that night.

Tiger926 said:
This still confuses me and I have mentioned it here before. The Cat 9B rooms we booked, were cheaper than the Inside rooms, so we assumed that was because the GTY rooms were a reduced price. I guess we misunderstood...?

Tiger

It's only because there are less inside rooms. One of my dummy cruises is booked in a 9D GTY because it was the cheapest category.

rosermama said:
For gold members and above we got a listing in our room the night before and then we could book. The next day they made an announcement that the following day people could make or change to 2014 dates and a list of dates would be in their room that night.

Neat! Thanks for sharing.

Tiger

Due to the fact that there are not many inside rooms on the new ships, they sell at a faster rate than the other categories, which means that they move up the pricing tiers more quickly. This will result in the inside rooms being priced higher than the other rooms at times. Those virtual portholes make them quite popular.

Today we just got off the Fantasy. We are Platinum, as well as our table mates, and received no listing or announcement of 2014 dates.

Woody

5 previous Disney cruises. Shifted a 2013 Deluxe Veranda 8 night western /w Disneyworld ressie to 7 night eastern (Jamaica) oceanview in June and the cost is more than original ressie or previous1 bedroom suite 7 day eastern . Will keep for the moment but definetly will cancel and go elsewhere.:sad2:

We are going to try and book an Eastern cruise - but the prices are looking a little high - especially for so far out :(.

We will probably wait to book it until we're on our Feb. Cruise and get the 10% discount.

Thanks :) That answered my question about waiting to book. My cruise is in Feb too, so I will wait to book then. I am hoping the later dates will be out by then.

5 previous Disney cruises. Shifted a 2013 Deluxe Veranda 8 night western /w Disneyworld ressie to 7 night eastern (Jamaica) oceanview in June and the cost is more than original ressie or previous1 bedroom suite 7 day eastern . Will keep for the moment but definetly will cancel and go elsewhere.:sad2:
You can't really compare the prices out of Galveston with those out of PC especially on the Fantasy during Peak season. Galveston is heavily discounted and not selling well. Fantasy during summer break 2014 will sail full or almost completely full.. simple supply v. demand and prices will correspond to this.

No. I just let my 2014 hold go without making the deposit. We will be looking at Royal Caribbean instead. It really won't matter that much to my kids. I don't think they are as into Disney as I am.

carmiedog said:
No. I just let my 2014 hold go without making the deposit. We will be looking at Royal Caribbean instead. It really won't matter that much to my kids. I don't think they are as into Disney as I am.

This may be our last disney cruise with these prices. Kids are getting older and so another cruiseline may be something we may be willing to try.

I have not seen prices, but none of the itineraries hold any interest as of right now. If they do a WBPC or another trip to Hawaii those are the ones I will be looking to book. If not maybe no DCL in 2014. It's a waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter