DCA more fun then DL for College kids? What do you think?

disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
Our group is planning a trip to Disneyland the first week of June this year. After telling my sister about my trip to DCA, she thought our group would have more fun over there than Disneyland. I told her that there is WAY less to do and we would be done before the day is over and that wouldn't be cool.

So my question is, would you suggest a park hopper, two-day ticket, or a two-day park hopper?

I would do a 2-day park hopper.

I went to DCA yesterday. It was pretty empty because it was a rainy Monday in May, and I was by myself and had a dream Fastpass, so I got through everything more quickly than otherwise, but I was done with DCA in under 3 hours, and that included eating lunch!

I went on Soarin', CA Screamin' twice, Mulholland Madness, Maliboomer, Orange Stinger, Grizzly River Run, and TOT, and ate a burrito from Cocina Cucamonga between noon and 3pm.

If your sister thinks that she would want to ride Screamin' 18 times in a row, then maybe a full day at DCA would be good, but honestly I think a park hopper would be your best bet.

JMO.

I would say a two-day park hopper. I'd hate to feel like I had to be in one park or the other on any given day. If park hoppers don't work out I would choose Disneyland over DCA any day. DCA has it's redeemable qualities (Screamin' and ToT) but there is so much more to do in Disneyland!

I agree with the PPs. I can SEE how DCA may appeal to college kids more than DLR because people (especially 13- early 20s) think that Disneyland is "childish" (what are they, coo coo heads?), but like Monkey said, if she wants to go on Screamin' and TOT a million times through the day, then I guess it would work..

I very much love DCA, but I also very much love the ability to cross to DL after I rode everything in DCA, you know? She might be suprised with DL.

But if I were you, I would get 2 day PHs and if she wants to stay at DCA, she is more than welcome to, and I would do DL solo for a couple hours..

I agree with the PPs. I can SEE how DCA may appeal to college kids more than DLR because people (especially 13- early 20s) think that Disneyland is "childish" (what are they, coo coo heads?), but like Monkey said, if she wants to go on Screamin' and TOT a million times through the day, then I guess it would work..

I very much love DCA, but I also very much love the ability to cross to DL after I rode everything in DCA, you know? She might be suprised with DL.

But if I were you, I would get 2 day PHs and if she wants to stay at DCA, she is more than welcome to, and I would do DL solo for a couple hours..

It's not that she thinks DL is childish, she loves DL (not as much as me) but she was just suggesting since she and the rest of our group have never been there. But I think the two day park hopper might be best. Now I have to find out if the gang is willing to cough up the cash for the tickets + hotel (I have an AP!:goodvibes So I would only pay for hotel). I'm quite excited. I haven't been to DL with my peeps (family + 2 friends who are practically brothers) in almost 2 years!:scared1: We will definitely have a great time no matter what we do.

thanks for all you input!

So my question is, would you suggest a park hopper, two-day ticket, or a two-day park hopper?

There is no two-day ticket that is not a hopper except the special 2fer deals for Southern California residents which is ending next weekend.

We had a discussion and a two day isn't really feasible because of the cost but also my cousin is leaving within one or two days our trip (driving) to Princeton.

I was lucky enough to snag 1 day park hoppers on Ebay for $65 a ticket.

I'm going June 2nd!

We had a discussion and a two day isn't really feasible because of the cost but also my cousin is leaving within one or two days our trip (driving) to Princeton.

I was lucky enough to snag 1 day park hoppers on Ebay for $65 a ticket.

I'm going June 2nd!

Good deal! :thumbsup2

Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter