DCA Gets New Attraction

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
Winemaker Robert Mondavi is using birds of prey to hunt rodents at his mini-vineyard at Disney's California Adventure. A giant birdhouse has been built for hawks and owls in the fields where the winemaker planted 310 Johannesburg Riesling vines, Mitchell Krug, Mondavi's director of Napa Valley winegrowing operations, said recently.

Similar bird boxes, designed to attract mouse-eating hawks during the day and mouse-hunting owls at night, are used by Mondavi on its 7,000 acres around the world to keep mice from chewing on the vines and eating the grapes, Krug said.

What about Mickey and Minnie Mouse? After all, Disneyland is considered the house that mouse built. And one of the most visible attractions at California Adventure is the roller coaster that circles around him. "We hope Mickey survives. I'd hate to see an owl after Mickey,'' Krug said.

Disney, itself, takes a hard line on rodents.

White boxes are placed in the park's backstage areas that alert employees to any mice trying to feed in the area, Disney spokesman Ray Gomez said.

"We certainly don't have a mouse problem,'' Gomez said.
------------
Source: AOL News

OK, Does anyone but me notice a contridiction in the last statement? If they don't have a mouse problem, then why are they taking so many steps to erradicate them?

On the plus side, seeing birds of prey in a Disney park (besides AK) should be cool. Note to self: Look for them next time I go down.

Sarangel

You are not alone. I see it too.

That's just Gomez being Gomez. I think he has a hard time with the truth even with a story as simple as this one!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, the conspiracy goes on........

Could it POSSIBLY be that MAYBE the rodents in question are attracted to the vines in question. Even IF DL has no rodent problem (which I have no knowledge of either way..... ), I'm sure that Anaheim, on the whole DOES.

Maybe the pesky little buggers come in "off the street" so to speak.

But that would be too simple now, would it not???;)

If they're coming in off the street, maybe they should focus on getting them to pay admission rather than getting rid of them :jester:

Sarangel

Hey Land.. You see the quest does come first but only if a rodent. Maybe related to Mickey or Minnie.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter