DCA Early Morning Attraction Wait Times - July 16 and July 23

Matrixleos

DIS Veteran
We're going to be in DCA on Friday, July 30th and wanted to track the morning wait times for the previous two Friday's.

Below are the morning wait times for both July 16 and July 23rd. I also did one for Disneyland for July 15 and 22 and they are linked below if you wanted to check out Disneyland's Early Morning Attraction Wait Times...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ction-wait-times-july-15-and-july-22.3845365/

Not sure if anyone will find this useful or not but wanted to share this information I collected in case anyone else wanted to use them for reference. Keep the following in mind....

1) These are the times listed for each ride based on the Disneyland app on Friday, July 16
2) These are estimated times listed on the DL app and wait times could be more or less than the minutes listed
3) The yellow TC are listed next to the rides that Temporarily Closed (Surprised it occurred a lot more than what I expected)
4) I only tracked hours from park opening till 11:00am, as I want to use them as guides to put together a Park Opening strategy since we will be there at rope drop.

DCA 7.16.JPG

Last edited:
I was able to track DCA for the wait times listed on the app in the morning of July 23rd.

1) These are the times listed for each ride based on the Disneyland app on Thursday, July 22
2) These are estimated times listed on the DL app and wait times could be more or less than the minutes listed
3) The yellow TC are listed next to the rides that Temporarily Closed (Surprised it occurred a lot more than what I expected)
4) I only tracked hours from park opening till 11:00am, as I want to use them as guides to put together a Park Opening strategy since we will be there at rope drop.

DCA 7.23.JPG

Last edited:
With so many people packing Cars Land for RSR and Avengers Campus for GotG Mission Breakout, might make sense to hit Pixar Pier, Paradise Gardens Park and Grizzly Peak very early in the morning. Then do single rider on RSR and the rest of Cars Land right after, which might lead you into lunch time.

Keep Avengers Campus to early afternoon to do Guardians, watch all the shows and eat at Pym's Test Kitchen.

Thanks, those morning wait times came in very handy on how to avoid morning crowds. Those charts helped us decide which rides to go on first to start each day.

I was able to track DCA for the wait times listed on the app in the morning of July 23rd.

1) These are the times listed for each ride based on the Disneyland app on Thursday, July 22

View attachment 591678
How do you find the wait times in the app? I just booked a last minute trip and the app doesn’t seem as user friendly as WDW.

How do you find the wait times in the app? I just booked a last minute trip and the app doesn’t seem as user friendly as WDW.
Click on the second button from the bottom left hand corner, right next to the Home button. It will show you the wait times like below....

Screenshot_20210808-223721.png

For 8am opening at DCA

Arriving inside the park before 745am and having the first Boarding Group (BG) Web Slingers (WS) return time.

8am-820am: Head to Cars Land and ride RSR first.
830am-9am: Head AC and ride WS. Goal is to be out of AC by 9am and heading to Pixar Pier.
9am-930am: Head to Toy Story Midway Mania and then Pal Around
930am-10am: Ride the Little Mermaid or Grizzly River. Goal is to be in line for Grizzly before 950am.
Rest of the day is up to you, keep an eye on the app and wait in the line you feel most comfortable in.

Arriving inside the park SLIGHTLY AFTER 8am and having the first BG WS return time.
830am-9am: Head to Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania and the Pal Around.
9am-930am: Head AC and ride WS.
930am-10am: Head to Grizzly (want to be in line before 10am), then the Little Mermaid
Rest of the day is up to you, keep an eye on the app and wait in the line you fee most comfortable in

Arriving inside the park before 745am and having a later BG WS return time.
8am-820am: Head to Cars Land and ride RSR first.
830am-945am: Head Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania, then Pal Around, followed by Incredicoaster, Whirlwind, Goofy Sky School, then whatever else you have time for.
945am: Ride Grizzly (want to be on before 10am).

Arriving inside the park SLIGHTLY AFTER 8am and having a later BG WS return time.
830am-945am: Head Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania, then Pal Around, followed by Incredicoaster, Whirlwind, Goofy Sky School, then whatever else you have time for.
945am: Ride Grizzly (want to be on before 10am).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter