Daytona Beach

Razzy

Earning My Ears
We were thinking of visting Daytona Beach while down in FL
Has anyone else done so

Just stay away from the boardwalk area. It has just become a druggy area. I was born there and I can tell you some bad stuff goes on down that way. Also avoid Ridgewood ave like the plague. The part of Daytona that is on the Ormond beach / Daytona line is nice though . I would just keep to the north parts of Daytona and you will be fine.

Interesting....

we haven't done it yet, but we plan to spend a day. i want to do Daytona USA and take the kids to the beach, and the 2nd Saturday of each month has an antique car show so we are trying to hit that too. DDad and DH will enjoy that.

Daytona Usa is really nice.Its on the mainland part of Daytons not near the beach. But I would try to book at a Ormond hotel / motel. It's only a few minutes away from that whole area and a lot safer. I will ask my husband where we stayed last time. I know it was clean and pretty safe. There was also a huge park and a nice Publix right nearby.

I went there many moons ago. Many moons. I really disliked it, because there were cars driving around on the beach. It was creepy. Is it still that way?

We won't be spending the night there, just touring around for the day and then head back to Orlando.

We went there last Nov. & won't be going back anytime soon! Very old and dingy. Not a nice area where we stayed. I have heard good things about Cocoa beach though!

Last time we were there was when JR won the Daytona 500. I couldn't go to WDW and be so close and not visit. It took us about a hour to drive down there (traffic was hit and miss). It was very windy there when we went because a hurricane (I think Jean) was on it's way. We had a good time there and we even went to a Harley Store not to far away. While driving around it is quite dirty so needless to say we did not do too much sight seeing. But it was a blast at Daytona USA.

We usually stay at Ocean Walk when we visit Daytona. They have a really nice lazy river as well as 2 other (I think) outdoor pools and another indoor pool as well as minature golf. They also offer activities as well for families. The rooms are very nice and spacious and offer nice views of the ocean. I'd check out tripadvisor.com for some reviews on rooms there wherever you decide to stay. Good luck !! :goodvibes

We always go for the day - never stay over. The kids really enjoy the ocean and it really is a nice break from the parks. I agree that the area looks run down and yes, they still drive on the beach, but we always enjoy spending the day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!