Daytona 500 looking for recomendations for race day

toolmanjan

Love DVC Vero Beach
We are staying at OKW and will be attending The race. Looking for recommendations
When to leave
best place to park
Best route to take to the track
or anything else that will be helpful

Thanks in advance

If you are taking I4 straight to Daytona; then plan on at least a 2 hour drive (if not more), the morning of the race.

We are staying at OKW and will be attending The race. Looking for recommendations
When to leave
best place to park
Best route to take to the track
or anything else that will be helpful

Thanks in advance

Can I ask how everything went yesterday? Other then Hamlin winning Boo... I am planning to do the exact same thing next year.. we own at OKW and would be staying there and heading to the track Sunday morning

We had a great time. (Me My son and daughter) A friend and fellow DVC'er who has been to the race several times gave me the lay of the land. Get off I4 at route 92 head east. Soon after going under I95 look for Dick's sporting goods, Staples & Ashley's home store on the left. There will be people there charging you to park $30. If you pass the Chick-fili-a you went too far. From what I could see probably the best place to park. You want to park on the west bound side of 92 so you won't be forced to head east after the race. It took all of 15mins to reach I4 after the race.

We left OKW at 7am stopped at MD's for breakfast then gas arriving and parked by 9. Be ready to walk. Our seats were in section 408 on the opposite side of the grandstand. We spent about an 2 hours walking the midway, there was a lot to see. At 11:30 we headed upstairs to level 4 near our seats. There are tables and chairs under the stands at each level. We camped out at a table until 2 when we went to our seats.

We rented 2 radios and a third headset so my daughter could listen to mine. I would absolutely rent them again next time.
We packed a dozen bottles of water but no snacks. Next time we would bring snacks and maybe beer/sandwiches.
The food at the track was reasonably priced but not many choices.
The bathrooms were surprisingly clean and well maintained.

We too would have liked some one else to win.

But the real winner was the girl selling Girl Scout Cookies at one of the crosswalks on rt92.

Last edited:

Thanks for all the tips.. as of now the plan is to do pretty much a similar trip next year.. I’ve been to several nascar tracks and races.. so I am familiar with the walking and I do the same radio rental that you mentioned.. I am heading to the Dover race the first weekend of May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter