Day trip to Paris with babies?

Baduist

Mouseketeer
We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel in May for 7 nights, with our 3yo and 1.5y.o. The plan is to just have a relaxing week (we really deserve it) so we went for comfort in terms of location.

That being said, wife and I miss Paris (the actual city), and are tempted to try and get a taste of it during the vacation, since we're gonna be so close... But trying to figure out if it's worth the effort.

QUESTIONS:

1. I remember the trip from Paris to DLP as long and a bit of a hassle with a stroller and baby. How long does it actually take to get into the city (say St. Germain area / 1st arrondissement)?

2. What would be the most comfortable way to do it with out LO's?*

3. Have any one tried DLP's excursions? I saw something about a Ratatouille trip to Paris... Would that be recommended with kids our ages?

* In terms of budget - I don't mind spending. I Wouldn't say "money's 100% not an issue", but as long as we're not talking private helicopters - I'll pay for convenience/comfort)....

1. 50-60 minutes, with one transfer to the Louvre.
2. LO's are Little Ones? :) I think that would be the most comfortable ways to do it without children as they are very young.
3. I didn't see anything with Ratatouille tours on the UK and the US site, are you looking at a different country page?
I think most of the exursions aren't really suitable for children under 6-7 years old. The tours are all about sightseeing, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower. I wonder if children would really enjoy those. If you want to see these, as you are close by, I would either hire a babysitter and go with your wife, or keep your visits short. The children are probably happy already, when you take them to a park/playground and let them run around.

Last edited:
Thanks!

1. 50-60 minutes, with one transfer to the Louvre.

Is that by train? Car?

I'm thinking a train ride could be an attraction on it's own for the kids if it's not too long, then a 1-2 hour stroll in the city and back.

Alternatively, I'm wondering if getting an SUV to drive us straight to St. Germain for a 2-hour stroll and take us back is the most comfortable option. Does anybody know if that's something that's easy to arrange? In the states I find it easy to find companies that arrange car seats and everything. Also how long is the car drive?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3. I didn't see anything with Ratatouille tours on the UK and the US site, are you looking at a different country page?
It appeared as an up-sell when I was making my reservation, I think it was on the UK site. Indeed, I don't see it now in the Tours page.

You keep mentioning the St Germain area - is there something particular you want to see in that area as its not usually the first area tourists head towards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter