Day Parking at a Resort While Staying Off Site??

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
We'll be staying off site for the month of Feb next year with APs. When doing Epcot and DHS we'd like to park for the day at BW, we'll definitely be staying for whatever replaces Illuminations and to see the acts on the boards, leaving in the evening. Is this allowed and if so, how does it work?

Bill From PA

We'll be staying off site for the month of Feb next year with APs. When doing Epcot and DHS we'd like to park for the day at BW, we'll definitely be staying for whatever replaces Illuminations and to see the acts on the boards, leaving in the evening. Is this allowed and if so, how does it work?

Bill From PA

You'd have to valet. If you have Tables in Wonderland you can valet park for free.

Bill From PA

No, you won't be able to do that and go visit the parks. Park at DHS and walk/take the boat to Epcot if you're hopping.

Last edited:
The Tables in Wonderland rules page states that valet parking is complimentary at resorts for the sole purpose of dining at the resort. It doesn't state a time period like it does for theme park parking, which is three hours. But "for the sole purpose of dining" implies that complimentary valet parking is not intended to include a day at the parks. If you pay for the valet, there should be no problem.

The Tables in Wonderland rules page states that valet parking is complimentary at resorts for the sole purpose of dining at the resort. It doesn't state a time period like it does for theme park parking, which is three hours. But "for the sole purpose of dining" implies that complimentary valet parking is not intended to include a day at the parks. If you pay for the valet, there should be no problem.

Ahhh good to know. I was wondering if there was a limitation. You hear mixed things on the Internet :)

You'd have to pay for valet or you couldn't do it.
Parking for non resort guests is I think limited to 3 hours and its so you can eat/explore not park there for the day at the parks.

I may be wrong but with an AP doesn't that vie you free parking at the parks?
My opinion is save the money and park in a park parking lot.

You'd have to pay for valet or you couldn't do it.
Parking for non resort guests is I think limited to 3 hours and its so you can eat/explore not park there for the day at the parks.

My opinion is save the money and park in a park parking lot.

Agree. Maybe I assumed they had a plan to dine at Boardwalk. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

Looks like parking at DHS will be the plan, when paid parking at resorts was announced I thought I read here that outsiders were able to 'day park' without a fee. Never had to deal with this as we've stayed at BW the last 8 or so trips. Our planned off site stay will be our first off site thing in almost 10 years. DHS will be no big deal, especially now that the old pathway is now open.

Bill From PA

Looks like parking at DHS will be the plan, when paid parking at resorts was announced I thought I read here that outsiders were able to 'day park' without a fee. Never had to deal with this as we've stayed at BW the last 8 or so trips. Our planned off site stay will be our first off site thing in almost 10 years. DHS will be no big deal, especially now that the old pathway is now open.

Bill From PA

Day guest visitors can park for free while they are visiting a resort for dining, shopping, etc. Not to use it as a theme park lot. Your new plan is a good one.

Bill From PA

Parking at the resort is still free for "day guests" but that has always been for people that are visiting the resort to eat/shop/explore.
You've never been able to park all day for free in order to go to the parks.

T

Bill From PA

And that's true, visitors to the resort can still park without a fee. The new parking charges are for registered guests of the resort who are parking overnight.

What didn't change, though, is the restriction on parking at a resort in order to visit a theme park. Visitors are still expected to take their car with them when they leave the resort (unless you're paying for valet parking).

You'd have to valet. If you have Tables in Wonderland you can valet park for free.

It doesn't state a time period like it does for theme park parking, which is three hours.

TIW actually does give the 3 hour limit. The valets will tell you, and they look at the time stamp on the receipt.

What I've never heard from any CM at WDW is the 3 hours of normal parking at resorts rule. We have visited many resorts and they have never once said 3 hours. Not even when I *asked*. I only once parked and went to a park after a meal, and that was only AFTER the entire lobby concierge staff at Poly told me that they've never had a car towed, that of course I could stay, and it would be silly to move my car...when I went to them to ask how to get from their lot to the TTC. It was only for a couple hours on our flight day, and I felt guilty, and I have never done that again, but I still have never once had them tell me of a limitation on hours.

Pretty sure it does.

If you valet park, your ticket will have a time stamp on it so they certainly know how long you have been parked. What someone might have been able to get away with in the regular parking lot on perhaps a slow day at the resort later in the day shouldn't be interpreted to mean you can also do the same thing without any issues.

Resort parking is not intended as a theme park parking lot for those who think they can 'game' the system.

Are there restrictions on how long you can valet park your car at a resort if you are paying for the service? TIW valet service is complimentary for the purpose of dining at a resort, so it makes sense to put a time limit on it. Even so, they should state the time limit on their website instead of relying on valets - in all the years we have been using TIW valet service, not one valet has ever mentioned a three hour limit. There is probably something in the terms and conditions saying you can't leave a car overnight, but if you are paying the $33 or whatever, is there any indication you would not be able to valet the car and then go wherever you wish? It's probably a hypothetical problem because it's not really economical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter