Day of questions?

beatlesblonde

When will the madness end?
Hello! You guys have been so fantastic so far in helping me, so I know you'll be able to answer a few questions that I've come up with.

-My wedding ceremony is at noon and we're doing the EPCOT portrait session before the ceremony at 9am. What time should I schedule hair and make-up? If my bridesmaids want professional hair and makeup as well how would you suggest that be scheduled since they won't need it as early as I will?

-I think I read somewhere that with Escape weddings there usually isn't a rehearsal the day before the wedding :confused3 My mom was not happy to hear that. Is there any way we could even get a short and informal run-through?

-Which way do most brides come in at Sea Breeze Point? I believe Lynn came in from the side walk way, but I think Megan came in through the front. Is this just personal preference?

I think that's it for now. TIA! :thumbsup2

Hello! You guys have been so fantastic so far in helping me, so I know you'll be able to answer a few questions that I've come up with.

-My wedding ceremony is at noon and we're doing the EPCOT portrait session before the ceremony at 9am. What time should I schedule hair and make-up? If my bridesmaids want professional hair and makeup as well how would you suggest that be scheduled since they won't need it as early as I will?

-I think I read somewhere that with Escape weddings there usually isn't a rehearsal the day before the wedding :confused3 My mom was not happy to hear that. Is there any way we could even get a short and informal run-through?

-Which way do most brides come in at Sea Breeze Point? I believe Lynn came in from the side walk way, but I think Megan came in through the front. Is this just personal preference?

Hi. I was noticing you are getting married 12/8/09, I was married 12/8/08 at SBP. Good Date :thumbsup2 . I can only help you with a couple of things. I did not have a rehearsal. I was told I could have one if I wanted to pay extra for it, but I never found out how much that was. Personally we did not need it. We had a flower girl (age 4), ring bearer (age 4), and a Jr. Bridesmaid (age 8). The wedding coordinator told them what to do, and they did it perfect.

I walked in the side of SBP. I was aked which way I wanted to walk in. So it is just a personal preference.

HTH!

Hi. I was noticing you are getting married 12/8/09, I was married 12/8/08 at SBP. Good Date :thumbsup2 . I can only help you with a couple of things. I did not have a rehearsal. I was told I could have one if I wanted to pay extra for it, but I never found out how much that was. Personally we did not need it. We had a flower girl (age 4), ring bearer (age 4), and a Jr. Bridesmaid (age 8). The wedding coordinator told them what to do, and they did it perfect.

I walked in the side of SBP. I was aked which way I wanted to walk in. So it is just a personal preference.

HTH!

Hey there date and location twin! We aren't having a FG or a RB so the entire wedding party is all adults, so I would hope that with a few instructions for our coordinator we'd be able to get away without having a rehearsal. But I'll check with our coordinator and find out how much it is just to make my mom happy.

I have no idea if I'd want to walk in from the side or the front, but I guess I have time to think about it.

Thanks for your help!

Hey!

Ok schedule makeup and hair as early as possible if you all have to be ready by 9. Ana came to my room at like 5AM. She had me done by 8AM, our ceremony was at 10.

If you want a rehearsal you can have one. Your officiant will charge a little more... To be honest though you really don't need it with an escape. Your planner will tell you and your bridal party what to do. Honestly our wedding ran so smoothly without a rehearsal. I never felt lost at all.

You can choose to go up the middle or up the side at SBP. I chose the side because it was longer and you go up through the middle anyway. You will go up the side then around the chairs to the middle aisle and go up that.

Hey!

Ok schedule makeup and hair as early as possible if you all have to be ready by 9. Ana came to my room at like 5AM. She had me done by 8AM, our ceremony was at 10.

If you want a rehearsal you can have one. Your officiant will charge a little more... To be honest though you really don't need it with an escape. Your planner will tell you and your bridal party what to do. Honestly our wedding ran so smoothly without a rehearsal. I never felt lost at all.

You can choose to go up the middle or up the side at SBP. I chose the side because it was longer and you go up through the middle anyway. You will go up the side then around the chairs to the middle aisle and go up that.

Well I'll need to be done before 9am because of the portrait session, but my BM won't need done that early (unless they want to be and don't mind waiting around all done up for a few hours). I know later I'll be glad to have done the session the same day so I don't have to do hair and makeup twice, but the logistics are driving me a little nutty :scared:

I'll talk to my mom and see if I can convince her that we don't need a rehearsal. If she really insists then I'll worry about it.

I'd just call whoever you choose to book for your wedding and get their opinion!! The person I'm using was very nice and walked me through the times that they normally do! They are soo used to working w. disney brides I'm sure they'll be a huge help!

Well, you could go first, and once you're done and while you're off having your Epcot pics done, the girls can be getting their hair and makeup done in the meantime?
Unless you want to be there to oversee it, but it could be a nice surprise to see the transformation when you get back!

I'm also a SBPer, and I think I'm going to go for the side route as well, just coz it gives you a nice long walkway to float down.
I didn't realise you went around the back of the chairs and up the centre aisle as well, so that way I guess you get the best of both worlds! :thumbsup2

We're also Escape, and not having a rehearsal. DF was a bit concerned about this at first, but as there's only 12 of us in total going, most of them being involved in the wedding party, it'd be too much like having the wedding twice, (i.e. there wouldn't be a whole load of guests that hadn't already seen the rehearsal) plus we didn't want to take extra time out of our holiday.
I don't think it's that traditional to have rehearsals in the UK actually, at least definitely not with all the wedding party there, I think perhaps just the bride and groom go through their "lines" with the vicar, but I'm not really sure if even that happens, I've never asked before!!

Hey there date and location twin! We aren't having a FG or a RB so the entire wedding party is all adults, so I would hope that with a few instructions for our coordinator we'd be able to get away without having a rehearsal. But I'll check with our coordinator and find out how much it is just to make my mom happy.

I have no idea if I'd want to walk in from the side or the front, but I guess I have time to think about it.

Thanks for your help!

What time is your wedding?

Ok if you are going to be having pictures with your BMs before hand they chould be ready by like 10:30-11:00...so you could have whoever you are using for makeup come and do you first and then have them start your girls at 8-9, it takes about 30 mins to and hr to do a BM hair and makeup so you want to have enough time for them to get ready.

This is what I would do. I used Ana from Beaute Speciale so lets say you are using them. I would have Ana come first and do me...I have a ton of hair so I know it would take her like an hr for hair and at least a half hr for makeup. I had to done by like 8 so she came at 5 to do me and that was enough time for her to just do me!!! I have a ton of hair so that is why it took so long. Now Lily came and did my mom and Lisa...she showed up around 5:30 and had both of them done by 8. She did hair and makeup.

Ok so maybe have your stylists come and do you then have another stylist come to help out and get those BMs started at like 7. Depending on how many you have and if you are having your mom get her hair and make up too.

HTH

Ok if you are going to be having pictures with your BMs before hand they chould be ready by like 10:30-11:00...so you could have whoever you are using for makeup come and do you first and then have them start your girls at 8-9, it takes about 30 mins to and hr to do a BM hair and makeup so you want to have enough time for them to get ready.

This is what I would do. I used Ana from Beaute Speciale so lets say you are using them. I would have Ana come first and do me...I have a ton of hair so I know it would take her like an hr for hair and at least a half hr for makeup. I had to done by like 8 so she came at 5 to do me and that was enough time for her to just do me!!! I have a ton of hair so that is why it took so long. Now Lily came and did my mom and Lisa...she showed up around 5:30 and had both of them done by 8. She did hair and makeup.

Ok so maybe have your stylists come and do you then have another stylist come to help out and get those BMs started at like 7. Depending on how many you have and if you are having your mom get her hair and make up too.

HTH

That sounds like a great plan. My hair isn't long, but it is really thick. I figured Ana could come early and do my hair and makeup first so I'll be ready for the portrait session at 9. Then after I'm done and while we're off doing the EPCOT session my BM can be getting their hair and makeup done. Now I just have to wait and see how many BM I end up. Thanks Lynn! :thumbsup2

Good I'm glad you got it figured out! Ana is awesome! You're in great hands :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter