Day before cruise luggage drop? (Sorry this is an odd one)

njbeachbum

Yeah I Like Disney, you got a problem with that?
Hello all,

We are booked on a short cruise Feb 7-10. We are coming down on the 6th and staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port. Our flight gets into MCO early (like 9:00) and we are considering a one day trip to MK. Any thoughts on what to do with our luggage?

It seems like a major waste to go to the hotel and drop the bags then go back to MK. On the other hand maybe I am trying to cram too much into this trip.

Any suggestions?

how are you getting to MK from Orlando airport? And then to the Radisson that night? One day rentals are pretty cheap depending on your party size. You could rent a car at MCO and leave luggage in car while you toured MK. Does seem like a lot. I know I have done a one day rental to get to port because it was too expensive to do transfers to the port on DCL. So depends on your party size and what you are willing to do!

Or do you have to stay at the Radison at the port? Can you stay at Disney that night or at a hotel at the airport that night and then take the DCL transfers to the port?

Agree

rent a car and change the hotel to something in Orlando

car rental is WAY less $$ than Disney transfer and why go to a Canaveral hotel if you are gonna stay late at a park? Under normal circumstances the drive from Disney to the port is a lil over an hour ... you have plenty of time in the morning.

at a Disney hotel (where you could use Magical Express) you can check your bags with front desk and pick them up when you actually check in to the room (they'll even deliver to the room)

I would scrap the Radisson and simply stay at a WDW resort. You can use Magical Express to get to your WDW resort and then you only have to worry about transportation to the port the next day. You could rent a car one way, use the DCL bus transport or book a private car. We've done many 1 night pre-stays in WDW before a cruise - it's a lot of fun! Certainly more fun than staying in PC!

Agree with the "stay at Disney" sentiment if you're going to stay late.

If you really want to stay near the port, I'd skip Disney and do the Space Center.

If you stay at a Disney resort and take DME, you don't even need to worry about your luggage. It'll just show up in your room while you are at MK.

Doing it this way, you'll be in the park around 11:00.

If you rent a car and drove directly to MK (leaving your luggage in the car), you'll be in the park at 10:45 the earliest.

To get to the port from a Disney resort, you can:
1. Rent a car
2. DCL shuttle from the resort (gets you to the port later in the day)
3. DME back to airport and DCL shuttle from there (can get you to the port early)
4. Arrange other private transport from WDW to port.

If you really want to stay at the port, I’d rent a car that has a proper trunk and put the bags in it while you go to the park. No suv or minivan that will let the bags be visible. An impala or Jetta (those two have surprisingly big trunks).

I know Orlando Baggage Storage offers free same day storage and is located close to Disney.

Another vote for renting a car and/or staying on site at Disney. We did a one way rental to the port last month and it was really simple. It also gives you flexibility to stop for provisions if you need them.

I'd stay at WDW so you can maximize your one day there and not have to drive an hour to PC in the dark. The drive is really easy to make in the morning. Just keep an eye on Google Maps traffic incase of accidents on the highway.

We did similar last month. We did not go to MK but only to DS. We rented car and left bags in the car. Then to the port for a bite to eat and watch the cruise ships leave while we were eating...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter