Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Woke up early and while it was cloudy you could still see the glow of the sun behind the clouds just starting to rise at the base of the ocean. People have started to go out to the beach and watch the sunrise even thru the clouds. I sat outside on the porch just listening to the waves and the calmness of the morning. We sat around drinking coffee and having breakfast and soon decided to get ready for the day. At around 12 noon we headed out to pick up some t-shirts, while I am not a lover of trinkets especially ones that mean more junk collecting dust in my house but we do wear t-shirts and especially ones that come from a great vacation spot. After that we will then head over to the St Augustine distillery. Every year a co-worker of my wife’s asks us to pick him up a bottle of bourbon sold at the distillery. These are hand made numbered and limited. The Bourbon is numbered one to twelve hundred and you are not only lucky to get one but even luckier to get one of the very limited number signed by the distiller. They are in barrels for 3 years and are bottled around July or August. Out of 1200 bottles there were only 170 left and once they are sold out you have to wait until next year to get one. We were lucky to get one numbered and signed. These go for $200 plus tax. After purchasing a few other hand crafted items such as vodka and fresh maple syrup that was held in the bourbon barrels. On our way back we stopped at Mango Mangos a locals restaurant which is on the top of our list of places to make sure we go every time we are in town. While this is lunch and it also has an extensive bar its too early for us to drink. We ordered an appetizer to share, the corn cake. This is a locals favorite and is delicious. My wife ordered a kale salad and I ordered a fish sandwich with their signature Caribbean coleslaw. The bill for lunch was $32 including tax. Lunch was excellent.

We arrived back at our place and debated over relaxing on the couch or taking our chairs out to the beach. Its kinda gloomy out but it is our last day. Starting to sprinkle out so our choice was made for us. Might just make a cup of coffee and enjoy the breeze on the porch.

My wife decided to lay down for a while and I just made a cup of coffee and sat out on the porch. We are supposed to go to a high end restaurant tonight but decided that we just go out for a lesser rich meal for our last night.

When she got up we both decided to go to the bar on the beach just a few blocks from where we are staying located on A street.

The Beachcomber located beach front. Shorts t-shirt and flip flops are the attire. When we arrived we were seated at a picnic table outside. We both ordered an ice cold draft beer and the special which is Trigger Fish (a flaky white fish) that was set over a crab cake, rice pilaf and a veg/fruit relish covered in a creamy white sauce. It was definitely out of this world. The bill came to $64 dollars including tax. Money well spent. Back to our place and start packing for a 10am check out. The old saying “time fly’s when you’re having fun” is so true. Tomorrow morning we will be on our way to Disney world. We will pick it back up tomorrow so ….. to be continued….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter