Day 42 of rofr - should I inquire?

Alicia22

Mouseketeer
I know there is no real deadline for a rofr answer. But now that the wait is outside the “norm,” should I inquire at this point (42 days)? I don’t want to be “that” owner (so please don’t call me entitled) - I am just wondering at what point should I ask about it in case it’s just a communication issue?

With the amount of fees sellers and buyers pay for relatively straightforward transactions I certainly wouldn’t feel bad about asking about the status of the contract.

It never hurts to ask, I did when I saw others on the ROFR thread who heard back. My broker was the board sponsor and their concierge team responded saying they received a ton of ROFR decisions all at once from Disney and were in the process of replying to everyone and told me to expect a good news email shortly.

With the amount of fees sellers and buyers pay for relatively straightforward transactions I certainly wouldn’t feel bad about asking about the status of the contract.
You make a good point! 😉

There has probably been a decision made. You most likely passed if your agent did not bother to tell you. I would ask.

In my case, I was sweating bullets after not hearing for almost two months. I finally called the agency. They said “Oh, you passed three weeks ago. Didn’t anybody tell you?”
The good news was that closing was the next week.

There has probably been a decision made. You most likely passed if your agent did not bother to tell you. I would ask.

In my case, I was sweating bullets after not hearing for almost two months. I finally called the agency. They said “Oh, you passed three weeks ago. Didn’t anybody tell you?”
The good news was that closing was the next week.
IMO, that’s some poor communication by your broker. Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a transaction or two where I never found out until I got paperwork from the title agent.

I had a transaction or two where I never found out until I got paperwork from the title agent.
Good to know, I guess. My broker from my previous two transactions was very proactive with her communication. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter