Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Up a little earlier this morning at 9am. Coffee and back out on the porch. After a very relaxing morning we decided to make sure we weren’t lied to about a beach here. So we got our bathing suits on and chose to drive our car rather than take the provided shuttle to the Disney beach house. Still no hint of a beach on the one mile drive. After Parking in the tree clustered parking lot we were still skeptical that there was a beach anywhere. Entering the beach house was very nice but we did not go over there to play pool, sit by the fireplace or chill on their couch, we were there for the beach baby!!! Walked out the back door to find a pool and lots of lounge chairs but still no hint of a beach….we left out the back gate walked thru some heavily vegetated area until we got to the sand of a very large beach area along with the ocean. Well I guess they weren’t kidding. We went back to the pool area to get some beach chairs only to find that Disney doesn’t supply chairs. You have to rent them from some company that travels the beach collecting money from anyone sitting in their chairs. We rented the chairs for a two day reservation at a cost of $74. After sitting on our 14 Karat gold (at least should be)covered chairs. Just note if you are spending a week or more and are planning to go to the beach each day it might be cheaper to buy beach chairs at the store and use them all week and give them away to someone when you leave, they may be more comfortable too. We were hungry for some lunch. Back up to the Beach House and to the grill. The restaurant door was locked. Went over to the drink station where they told us it was closed, and they just had a very small choice of foods, but all the liquored drinks you can consume. Too early for me. Yes I have a 5:00 o’clock rule, and not just the “it’s 5:00 o’clock some where rule” needs to be 5:00 o’clock where I am at.

Disappointed that no one told us the grill was closed we went back out to our expensive rented chairs and sat there for a few hours totally enjoying the view. Soon it was time to leave and get ready for dinner, especially since we hardly had lunch. We were off to Hudson’s dock side restaurant. A favorite for visitors and locals alike. Freshest seafood you can get. But be prepared to wait at least an hour or more to be seated, they do not take reservations. We sat at the bar and had a drink ( yes it’s after 5:00 o’clock in case you were wondering) and appetizer while waiting for our table. Well it was daylight when we arrived and when we finally were seated it was nighttime. We were seated right on the Dock by the water. This place is not fancy at all but the food is good and fresh. I am not a fan of hush puppies but they put that on the table instead of bread and they were the best we both ever had. Food was really good too. After dinner which was after 8:30 we went back to the resort to sit on the porch, it was a little chilly so we retired inside and soon retired for the evening. To be continued…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter