David's Vacation Points Rental Review

todd222222

Mouseketeer
Just thought I would provide a review of my experience with using David's Vacation Points to rent out some extra points I wasn't going to be able to use.

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

Well we had a grand trip setup for this Spring Break, 2 Bedroom Villa at AKV and it was going to be a blow out....I used banked points, borrowed points and current use year to secure the reservation.....but then it happened, something came up that prevented us from being able to go.

So I had 250 points that I wasn't going to be able to use.

I looked at renting them myself, but when I saw what the going rate was on Disbaords compared to what I would get paid from David's I decided to go their route.

I contacted them and asked several questions, very nice and quick to respond. Within a few hours I had my points listed with them.

In just a few days I got an email with details of the points they needed (they send the email to several people and whoever responds first gets the reservation). I responded within a few minutes. I then got the details for the reservations and booked it on the DVC Website. I never had to give them control of my account nor make them an associate member on my account.

After I made the reservation I send them the details.

They secure payment from the renter and within a day I had 50% of the payment in my paypal account, they pay the paypal fees.

The first reservation used half of the points I had available and was made for May 2014.

Within a few more days I got another request for the remaining number of points, I again was first to reply and made the reservation.

Again this process was very quick and I had 50% of the money within a couple of days. This reservation was for March 2. On the day they check in I received the 2nd half of the payment via Paypal again. This is to ensure we don't cancel the reservation and keep mortgage/dues payments current. I didn't have to inquire about payment, they just sent it.

I was very happy with the process and the ease to rent points I couldn't use anymore. I started the process in January 2014, the points I had needed to be used by the end of September 2014 and they were not concerned at all with getting them used. In fact I had all of them rented within 10 years.

I would highly recommend David's Vacation Point Retails for renting points you can't use anymore.

Todd

Just thought I would provide a review of my experience with using David's Vacation Points to rent out some extra points I wasn't going to be able to use.

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

Well we had a grand trip setup for this Spring Break, 2 Bedroom Villa at AKV and it was going to be a blow out....I used banked points, borrowed points and current use year to secure the reservation.....but then it happened, something came up that prevented us from being able to go.

So I had 250 points that I wasn't going to be able to use.

I looked at renting them myself, but when I saw what the going rate was on Disbaords compared to what I would get paid from David's I decided to go their route.

I contacted them and asked several questions, very nice and quick to respond. Within a few hours I had my points listed with them.

In just a few days I got an email with details of the points they needed (they send the email to several people and whoever responds first gets the reservation). I responded within a few minutes. I then got the details for the reservations and booked it on the DVC Website. I never had to give them control of my account nor make them an associate member on my account.

After I made the reservation I send them the details.

They secure payment from the renter and within a day I had 50% of the payment in my paypal account, they pay the paypal fees.

The first reservation used half of the points I had available and was made for May 2014.

Within a few more days I got another request for the remaining number of points, I again was first to reply and made the reservation.

Again this process was very quick and I had 50% of the money within a couple of days. This reservation was for March 2. On the day they check in I received the 2nd half of the payment via Paypal again. This is to ensure we don't cancel the reservation and keep mortgage/dues payments current. I didn't have to inquire about payment, they just sent it.

I was very happy with the process and the ease to rent points I couldn't use anymore. I started the process in January 2014, the points I had needed to be used by the end of September 2014 and they were not concerned at all with getting them used. In fact I had all of them rented within 10 years.

I would highly recommend David's Vacation Point Retails for renting points you can't use anymore.

Todd

I have friends who always use them to rent points. I've never had the occasion to need them, but in the event I ever do, I appreciate your review.

I have had the very same positive experience with David's rentals on two separate occasions.

Same experience from myself as well. They had my points rewnted in a matter of days for me. Would use them again in a second!

Steve

As someone who has gone through a broker 3 times now to rent the points, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to those of you who provide the brokers with the points.

Paying for deluxe resorts would otherwise be well beyond my budget. And renting DVC points without the middle man to write up contracts etc and handle the finances makes me too nervous.

To the owner of the Aulani points I just secured a few days ago - "Thank you". You won't have seen me doing a happy dance around my lounge room because you have just made my upcoming trip near perfect.

To the owner of the AKV points I used last year - "Thank you". You won't have seen me walk into the grand lobby of Jambo house and almost tear up at how lucky I felt.

And to the owner of BWV who managed to score me a Boardwalk View Studio - "Thank you." Standing on that balcony with my family, watching Wishes to the left, Illuminations to the right and jugglers below, is one of those perfect memories I will cherish forever.

So to the OP, I am pleased that you were happy with your renting experience. I just wanted you to know that you also made someone else out there very very happy :) :thumbsup2

Thank you for the kind comments. I hope you were treated exactly as I would expect to be treated :)

I'll share these comments with my team.

~ David

My experience wasn't like yours. After filling out all of the paperwork, I never heard back from them.

I'd like to rent some more points out so maybe I'll give it another try. It does make me nervous about having to quickly make reservations. I can't do it at work so that takes me out of the running for requests for more than 1/2 the day.

My experience wasn't like yours. After filling out all of the paperwork, I never heard back from them.

I'd like to rent some more points out so maybe I'll give it another try. It does make me nervous about having to quickly make reservations. I can't do it at work so that takes me out of the running for requests for more than 1/2 the day.

This is extremely unusual and I would like to look into this for you. We send out several communications to members who complete our sign up forms and I suspect that messages sent to you may have ended up in your spam folder. If you can PM me your name and e-mail address, I'll check into it immediately.
If you prefer, you may telephone us, toll free, at 800-610-5791. We are open 7 days a week from 9am to 5:30pm. We'd love to have your points.

~ David

We have rented out our points for the last two years with David. The service has been excellent and within a week all points rented out. All the money was paid promptly. However this year i registered my points a month ago and have had no requests which seems strange. I did query it but didn't get an answer. Not sure if my emails are getting through.

We have rented out our points for the last two years with David. The service has been excellent and within a week all points rented out. All the money was paid promptly. However this year i registered my points a month ago and have had no requests which seems strange. I did query it but didn't get an answer. Not sure if my emails are getting through.

Please give us a call today, toll free, 800-610-5791.

~ David

I have my points rented out with them right now, with the guest arriving at WDW in just a couple of weeks! Everything so far was quick and smooth!

I've used David's in the past to rent my extra points and they've been great to work with. Just this week I had a fantastic experience. I had 234 VWL points to rent out. On Tuesday afternoon I registered them with David's and as good luck would have it, less than 24 hours later they had a contract looking for exactly 234 VWL points! I know it doesn't always work out so neatly but once again they've provided a great hassle free experience to me as an owner.

I also listed with David's, I received one email from them to which i responded 5 minutes later but the offer was already gone. After that I never heard from them again. :confused3

I've rented my points out with David's several times and have only had positive experiences. Sorry to hear some of you have had no response. Knowing how great they are from my own experience, perhaps there was a technical issue with their web site. I have always heard back from them very quickly, so if that should ever happen to me the next time I rent out my points, I would pick up the phone.

UPDATE - my miss. Right on the website it says they "poll several members". Ok bring it on:)

I booked a reservation for someone today, but still haven't received payment. Is this normal? I was counting on the funds to book a cash reservation that's sold out points wise.

I had almost exactly the same situation last year. Leave cancelled before a big trip. Within a couple of weeks David's had over 400 points rented for me. Great service

I have used David's several times over the last few years and think their system is a good one. My points were always rented very quickly (I don't recall a time when they weren't rented within a couple of days). In fact, they followed up with me several times the first time I rented because I had to set up a paypal account for them to deposit the down payment. As far as making the resv, I either made it during my lunch or when I got home, if it was a work day. I think one time they asked if I could call immediately as there was a concern about room availability. This has been my experience and I thought it worth sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter