David's Vacation Club..?!

l3utt3rf1yk1ss3s

Earning My Ears
Sorry, I hope I posted this in the correct place.

I was wondering about David's Vacation Club and how it works. How do I KNOW it is secure and I will have a place to stay when I get to Disney..and how do I know it is not a scam? I want to make sure that I will not get into trouble or that any problems arise.

I also wanted to make sure this is LEGAL?!

Sorry to be so...skeptical but I just want to feel secure about sending THAT much money to a company!

Sorry, I hope I posted this in the correct place.

I was wondering about David's Vacation Club and how it works. How do I KNOW it is secure and I will have a place to stay when I get to Disney..and how do I know it is not a scam? I want to make sure that I will not get into trouble or that any problems arise.

I also wanted to make sure this is LEGAL?!

Sorry to be so...skeptical but I just want to feel secure about sending THAT much money to a company!

If you use the search function you will find plenty of reviews on people using David's Vacation Club rentals. He is a legit business and has a great reputation to uphold.

My neighbor used them (he was just as skeptical) and had glowing comments on David's professionalism and delivery of promised reservation.

Hope this helps some. :wizard:

We used him 3 years ago and everything was great. Great way to stay at Deluxe resorts. We have already booked with him for our December trip. Had a question after confirmed our reservation and they were very quick to answer . It makes renting DVC very easy.

I was leery when I used his services last October. However, the transaction was easy and went off without a hitch.

I am using them for an upcoming trip in May. Everything has been above board and fairly easy. I can see my reservation online via Disney's website.

Some everyone! Thank you! I'm just so worried that I won't have a room
once I get there! Maybe i'm overreacting! Lol whew! Thanks for the reviews! I appreciate it!:)

all david is doing is brokering a deal between you and a DVC owner.

disney has improved the system so that you can verify the reservation now online or by phone, but remember that the reservation is still owned by the DVC owner who called to make the reservation with their pts until you check in. DVC does allow owners to rent reservations that they make with their pts so it is definitely legal.

BUT since you are staying in a timeshare on points, you should understand that you will not be getting daily mousekeeping (which i'm sure david will explain).

I've done some research, and I plan on using his service for my trip next year.

I tried for a DVC rental for our stay last fall. It was at the opening weekend of the F&W - but I thought I would try. Nothing was available and my deposit money ($50?) was quickly credited back to my credit card.
I do plan to try again for when we plan our next trip.

I tried for a DVC rental for our stay last fall. It was at the opening weekend of the F&W - but I thought I would try. Nothing was available...

yeah, availability is based on timeshare rules. DVC owners can book 10-11 months in advance...and if we wait too long and can't book anything, we risk losing our pts. so availability on short notice (in timeshare terms, that can be 4-5 months out or less) can be pretty spotty sometimes...

We used him for our stay at AKL in Nov/Dec and had zero trouble. He's very prompt to answer questions, easy to work with, etc. If you aren't sure of something contact him and ask or use the chat feature on his site if he's online. We would certainly use his services again. You might find a better deal renting direct from an owner, but we feel safer using the broker, etc. and will gladly pay the extra few bucks for that peace of mind.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post. We rented a Disney vacation club Old Key west for a 11/1-11/6 vacation. We checked the renters history and confirmed our reservation with Disney. Signed a contract and paid for our reservation to a DVC owner. When we arrived the transaction had been cancelled. Disney was great and found us a room at the same price but we had to pay again, they contacted the owner and he said he had just realized the problem and had refunded us. 6 weeks later he has not. I would beware this was a vacation club owner which was confirmed with the resort, he took our money, we arrived with our reservation having been cancelled and had to pay again and no refund ever arrived. The renter was Jason Conlon.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post. We rented a Disney vacation club Old Key west for a 11/1-11/6 vacation. We checked the renters history and confirmed our reservation with Disney. Signed a contract and paid for our reservation to a DVC owner. When we arrived the transaction had been cancelled. Disney was great and found us a room at the same price but we had to pay again, they contacted the owner and he said he had just realized the problem and had refunded us. 6 weeks later he has not. I would beware this was a vacation club owner which was confirmed with the resort, he took our money, we arrived with our reservation having been cancelled and had to pay again and no refund ever arrived. The renter was.

Was this through David's Vacation Club?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post. We rented a Disney vacation club Old Key west for a 11/1-11/6 vacation. We checked the renters history and confirmed our reservation with Disney. Signed a contract and paid for our reservation to a DVC owner. When we arrived the transaction had been cancelled. Disney was great and found us a room at the same price but we had to pay again, they contacted the owner and he said he had just realized the problem and had refunded us. 6 weeks later he has not. I would beware this was a vacation club owner which was confirmed with the resort, he took our money, we arrived with our reservation having been cancelled and had to pay again and no refund ever arrived. The renter was

Posting the renters name would be agenst forum rules. Sorry this happened to you. Welcome to the DIS.

On a side note I'm sure this was not with David.

Yes, people have been scammed out of DVC stays. If you are dealing direct with an owner, you're on your own - if you at least have a contract, you have legal recourse against the owner, although that can be expensive and troublesome.

But with David's Vacation Club Rentals, you at least have a reputable company involved brokering the deal, and I haven't heard of any issues at all. I don't deal with David myself (I prefer to use my points for me :) ), but all I've heard is good.

David's business relies on doing a good job so people spread the word. He's been around for years so he has to be doing something right. If he wasn't there would be negative comments all over the Dis Boards and I don't think I've ever seen a negative comment... other than the one time David wouldn't discuss his profit margin with somebody :lmao:

It's no secret though, the spread between renting from David and renting from a DVC member is only about $3 or $4. Not a big deal for the peace of mind.

BTW, I do not work for David and have never used the service, but would in a heartbeat if I wasn't already a DVC member.

I just used David's for our December trip and had a fantastic stay at AKL-Kidani. I got a signed contract (signed by both me and the owner of the DVC points) from them so if you were concerned you could ask what sort of guarantee they offer regarding the assurance of the enforceabilty of the contract. But I would agree that if they did run a reputable service, it would be all over the Dis boards. You could also check on the points rental board.

Hope this helps,

Carin

:thumbsup2 We've successfully rented points through David's Vacation Club Rentals. It was CHEAPER than through Disney and hastle-free. This is a reputable site. If (when) we run out of DVC points again (we're DVC Members), I wouldn't hesitate to rent points again through his site. I'd compare it to buying concert tickets through Stubhub. I would NEVER buy tickets from a scalper or someone selling them on craigslist. But, I've had nothing but a great experience with tickets through Stubhub. With David, the transaction is guaranteed which should give the buyer AND seller piece of mind.

I would NEVER rent directly from a DVC Member (unless they are family or personal friend). There have been some reports of people getting scammed. Lots of positive tranactions, but you DO have to be careful. Also, buyer beware when someone is phishing to rent you points. Once it was known that we were on David's site inquiring about renting points, we got some people sending us PMs on the DIS wanting to rent their points. Warning, not everyone is on the DIS for Disney talk. :confused3

I would NEVER rent directly from a DVC Member (unless they are family or personal friend). There have been some reports, even from people who used to try and rent points on the DIS (no longer allowed), of people getting scammed.

I just wanted to point out that you still can find points for rent here on the DIS and that it is still allowed. Lots of rules, but then rent / trade board is still very busy.

I just wanted to point out that you still can find points for rent here on the DIS and that it is still allowed. Lots of rules, but then rent / trade board is still very busy.

Correction to my post ;) . . .

From the DVC Rent/Trade Board . . .

The DVC Rent/Trade Board is the only allowed classified ad area of the DVC-Board forums. Non DVC-Members can use this board to find a Member who can make a DVC Resort Reservation for them, or to look to trade a non-DVC timeshare for an equivalent DVC reservation. DVC-Members can use this board to offer to make reservations for others (normally to non-members), transfer points to/from other DVC members, and trade reservations with members and non-members.

However, note it IS a violation for someone to solicit via PMing and on any other threads besides those on the DVC Rent/Trade Boards. I honestly totally forgot about that section of the boards. Since, I don't frequent it that much. I'm usually on the Theme Parks or Podcast threads. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter