David's vacation club rentals

mbh106

Mouseketeer
We're planning a trip to Disney this summer and was hoping to splurge if we could find a good deal and stay at a deluxe resort since we have only stayed at value resorts. I know the summer specials haven't been released by Disney yet, but I just read about David's Vacation Club Rentals. Does that tend to be less expensive than when Disney has 30% off deluxe resorts? Also, we have a family of five and I didn't see anywhere on David's website that said how many people each villa slept. Which DVC properties would be able to accommodate 5 people in a studio? I was hoping for one of the Magic Kingdom or Boardwalk area resorts.

I haven't booked through David's but I have rented points through other people/brokers and it has saved me a TON of money!!! Doing it this fall and 12 nights Savannah view is only about $2800. Thats compared to $6800 on disneys website!

If you're headed out for this summer, you are already in the 7 month booking window. This makes availability spotty at most resorts. It's important to keep in mind that the point calculator just says what the point cost is -- it's not a statement of availability.

Studios at Wilderness Lodge Villas, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Grand Floridian sleep 5. You are unlikely to be able to book GF or most Boardwalk studios for a full week; availability is already quite tight for Boardwalk for summer. Polynesian might have availability.

Some 1BRs also sleep 5 - Animal Kingdom, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West and Grand Floridian. Obviously, a 1BR will be more expensive than a studio.

DVC rental works best when planning more than 7 months out.

We booked AKL (a Deluxe) through David's for essentially the same price we'd booked AoA (a value) at rack.

ETA: We put in our reservation 12 months out and at the 11 month mark they booked it for us. For summer you may be too late.

We're planning a trip to Disney this summer and was hoping to splurge if we could find a good deal and stay at a deluxe resort since we have only stayed at value resorts. I know the summer specials haven't been released by Disney yet, but I just read about David's Vacation Club Rentals. Does that tend to be less expensive than when Disney has 30% off deluxe resorts? Also, we have a family of five and I didn't see anywhere on David's website that said how many people each villa slept. Which DVC properties would be able to accommodate 5 people in a studio? I was hoping for one of the Magic Kingdom or Boardwalk area resorts.
Hi, we did find it to be less expensive then the current rack rates and definitely less than 30% off of a villa.
We are staying in a Poly Villa Studio for 3 nights and then a Boardwalk 1 bedroom for 4 nights. We are a family of 5.
The Poly Villa Studio averages out to $350 a night and the BWV 1 bedroom $558 a night. You will likely be able to find availability if you split up your stay like we did. We booked less than a month ago. Please don't let others discourage you!

Davids is a very reputable company and offers a great service for those who need a bit of hand holding when it comes to booking their WDW vacations. Now, with that said, you will end up paying 3-5 dollars more per point than if you worked a deal directly with the DVC member. By using Davids, the member gives up a couple of $$$ per point but does not have to deal with the renter, and the renter pays a few $$$ more for the security of booking thru Davids. It all depends on how comfortable you are working directly with a total stranger and willingness to fork over a few thousand dollars to someone you do not know. What is important is making sure that if you do bypass Davids and go directly with a DVC member, that the member has an excellent track record on the DISBOARDS.

Mainly, you need to run the numbers to determine if booking thru Davids is a good deal. I would be very surprised if using Davids would cost you more than booking a discount thru Disney, but it may not be the huge savings you thought it was going to be.

It is typically cheaper to rent points from a DVC member (either direct or through David's) if you want to stay Deluxe. Each DVC member has a home resort that they can book at 11 months before the trip and then they can book any resort at the 7 month mark. That is why some resorts need to be booked at least 7 months out or they get filled up. If you are willing to be flexible then it is still a good idea to rent points for your stay.

Thank you all for the responses. I think I'll try David's. If the dates at the resort I select aren't available, will they respond with dates that are available?

If you're headed out for this summer, you are already in the 7 month booking window. This makes availability spotty at most resorts. It's important to keep in mind that the point calculator just says what the point cost is -- it's not a statement of availability.

Studios at Wilderness Lodge Villas, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Grand Floridian sleep 5. You are unlikely to be able to book GF or most Boardwalk studios for a full week; availability is already quite tight for Boardwalk for summer. Polynesian might have availability.

Some 1BRs also sleep 5 - Animal Kingdom, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West and Grand Floridian. Obviously, a 1BR will be more expensive than a studio.

DVC rental works best when planning more than 7 months out.

On the disney website it says the studios at the Boardwalk only sleep 4. Do you mean a one bedroom, or are there actually studios that sleep five?

Thank you all for the responses. I think I'll try David's. If the dates at the resort I select aren't available, will they respond with dates that are available?

If your dates aren't available, you can come back to them with a different date and so on. Be warned they will charge you an up front free of $100 but you will get it back if they can't find anything you want. If you book with them, it will go toward the total price. The advantage of booking through them is you can use a credit card, most DVC owners who rent their points are going to want cash in the form of a check or some may use Paypal. I've had good luck with David's but also be warned, once booked you can not cancel.

On the disney website it says the studios at the Boardwalk only sleep 4. Do you mean a one bedroom, or are there actually studios that sleep five?
Studios have been being refurbished. The refurbished studios sleep 5. Disney has not updated their web site yet to reflect this, because certain studios are not yet updated. However, via DVC they can be booked as occupancy 5.

We booked a Deluxe Boardwalk Villa for 8 nights for $2000 a DVC broker (not David's). The rack rate for this room starts at $414 plus tax. So we're saving about $1200-$1500 or so.

Is it difficult to book less than 11 months out for the fall as well? We are tentatively planning a late October stay, but won't know for sure if we can go until early March.

Is it difficult to book less than 11 months out for the fall as well? We are tentatively planning a late October stay, but won't know for sure if we can go until early March.
For Epcot resorts in particular, yes. If you're open to Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, less so.

September-marathon is DVC high season. It's also Food and Wine in September and October, which puts high demand on the Epcot resorts, and really on the others as well.

We booked AKL (a Deluxe) through David's for essentially the same price we'd booked AoA (a value) at rack.

ETA: We put in our reservation 12 months out and at the 11 month mark they booked it for us. For summer you may be too late.
Important point made above............you must book these at least 11 to 7 months in advance. Not saying you can't find something doing it later but if you want a special room (ie. Savanna view at AKV) you have to be there early!
We just came back from a trip with rented points...............saved big!!!

Doug :goofy:

Has anyone stayed in a Boardwalk studio that sleeps 5? What is the 5th bed like or does anyone have a photo? I haven't been able to find anything online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter