Daughter with feeding tube

cassie714

<font color=purple>Revenge of the Mummy kept on br
Hello,

I am new here. We are going to disney july 9-17. My daughter who is two is fed thru a g-tube. I am trying to make sure our vacation goes as smooth as possible. The past two years my daughter has had 7 surgeries so this is a celebration of all that is behind us.

I am wondering if their is anywhere in the parks where they will let me store my daughters feeding supplies(tubes, syringes, etc) We are staying on-site but because of the heat we will have to be able to give her water thru out the day.

If you look at my daughter she does not look disabled so I am wondering if disney will give her medical problems even any consideration.

I have been to disney before as a child with my parents but this is the first trip with my husband and two kids. It was hard financially so I am trying to make sure we are prepared for everything. Any and all suggestion would be GREAT!

I would check with the first aid station and ask if they would let me keep the supplies there if not they have lockers in the parks you could put them in.

One thing I recommend that will keep her cool is a misty mate. We use them for wheelchair sports competition all the time and have used them at Kings Island on a 98 degree day and they really do make you cooler and it lasts all day.

The First Aide stations will hold your supplies for you and let you use the facility to do anything you need to do.

Welcome to our board! Be sure to read our FAQ about the GAC, just click on the link in my signature. Lots of helpful information for you there!

First aid is great at all the parks. The staff includes RNs and they are helpful without being pushy. I have used all the First Aids for their bathroom facilities for my DD and she spent over an hour resting in MK's First Aid in March after a seizure. They have individual little cubicles with a cot, a chair, a small table and a privacy curtain that should work well for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter