Hi! My dd, 8, has been allergic to various things in her life (amoxicillin, dog licks from most breeds, etc) and finally went to an allergist today after having an allergic reaction at camp after eating a sandwich made with sunbutter. They use it at the camp to avoid peanut allergies. It figures that MY child would be the one allergic to the sunbutter! Anyway, the allergist has said that apparently she has a pretty severe allergy to sunflower products of all kinds. I'm guessing he's concerned because now she has to carry an epipen with her in case of a severe reaction (I wasn't at the appointment because she's visiting her dad in Chicago for the summer). She's also slightly allergic to other things, but this is the only bad allergy. I've never dealt with food allergies before. I plan to research this new thing to me, but how difficult is a sunflower product allergy? Obviously I want to keep her away from sunflower seeds and sunbutter, but how often is sunflower oil used in your typical grocery items? How about in restaurants? Is it cooked with? Any help/guidance that you can offer to get me on the right track will be greatly appreciated!