Dates not available on US site but on UK site?

Newstarr

Earning My Ears
Hi-

I am trying to plan my vacation next summer. We are going to be in Paris in July. I want to take my kids to Disneyland Paris for 2 nights. The UK site is offering 4 nights for the price of 2. The USA site is stating my dates haven't been released. Is it cheaper to book now or wait for US promotions. Are there any US military rates for Disneyland Paris like there are for the parks here? What is the best, most economical way to plan this trip? Me (MOM) plus 4 kids.

Thank You!

Hi-

I am trying to plan my vacation next summer. We are going to be in Paris in July. I want to take my kids to Disneyland Paris for 2 nights. The UK site is offering 4 nights for the price of 2. The USA site is stating my dates haven't been released. Is it cheaper to book now or wait for US promotions. Are there any US military rates for Disneyland Paris like there are for the parks here? What is the best, most economical way to plan this trip? Me (MOM) plus 4 kids.

Thank You!

Honestly I think the deals are much better on the UK site (only because I am often browsing the deals for DLRP on both the US and UK sites - at different times of the year). I did find the deal I wanted once on the American site in March - but more often the deals are on the UK site. I have heard that you can book on the UK site if you are American by leaving your "country" as UK - since everything is electronic and nothing is mailed to your "address" it doesn't matter. So if you find the deal you want on the UK site I would recommend booking it that way. That's my 2 cents anyway. Have a great trip!

You can easily book via UK site, just leave UK as your country. Done it myself. Even with the same deal prices are different on different sites, it's best to check and see.

Isila said:
You can easily book via UK site, just leave UK as your country. Done it myself. Even with the same deal prices are different on different sites, it's best to check and see.

How do you get your packet and tickets?

Yes, you get everything on email, just print out and that's it. You get tickets and easy pass at the check in. Why should I pay more if I find a better deal?

Are there any US military rates for Disneyland Paris like there are for the parks here?

Not usualy for US military unless they are based in Europe. Some US personal based in the UK or Germany some times get special offers. Military discounts for DLP mainly only apply for the French military.

But to be honest these are normaly only 10% off and the offers that are normaly running work out cheaper.

I am looking at the UK site now for my dates July 25-29, 2013. The prices comes up in GBP 1,142 which I converted to being $1830 USD. Am I correct in that is all I need to figure out to understand the cost, just use a currency converter? Will they be charging my card in GBP and therefore I'll have a 3% foreign currency transaction fee, is there anyway to have it charged in USD from the UK site (I'm guessing not).

Are DLP packages fully refundable well in advance like they are for WDW in the US? I'm just wondering because as the PP stated, the US dates are not even available yet, let alone deals, so it is hard to price-compare for the best deal, but I don't want to miss out on this one if this will be as good as it gets. Are the UK deals typically the best or do US ones often come out later?

is there anyway to have it charged in USD from the UK site (I'm guessing not).
No. There are some US credit cards that do not charge fees for foreign transactions, but they are relatively rare.

Are DLP packages fully refundable well in advance like they are for WDW in the US?
I skimmed the terms, and there appears to be a 15% cancel penalty, if I was reading them correctly. According to Mary Waring over at MouseSavers, the UK deals are often among the best.

http://www.mousesavers.com/other-disney-vacations/discounts-at-disneyland-resort-paris/

thats right Brian, for DLP packages booked through the UK site there is a 15% cancellation fee as soon as you have booked (plus a booking fee which you don't get back either).
If you cancel within 60 days of your trip, the cancellation fees are higher, on a sliding scale until 7 days before your trip.

No. There are some US credit cards that do not charge fees for foreign transactions, but they are relatively rare.

Capital One Visa does not charge currency conversion fees. I have one and have already checked with them to make sure. I'm going to DLP in June. If you can't get a Capital One, you can get the Hotel Easy Pass once you get to the resort. Basically charging most everything in the park you buy to your room. Then when you check out you only have one transaction fee.

I use the AmEx Platinum, which only charges me the interbank rate. But, I would not necessarily recommend it just for this purpose, because it has a hefty annual fee---the main reason I have it is widespread access to airport lounges. It also will kick back about half the annual fee in airline nuisance fees for one designated airline. The cost of the card is about the same as the cost of one airline's lounge program, which I would buy anyway, so I treat the rest of it as found money.

Thanks for the replies. Is it true for the UK deals, ifs book online I have to pay in full at time of booking but if I book by phone I only have to pay the 15% deposit? Do most people book by phone then?

Does anyone remember what the UK & US (if any) deals for summer 2012 were? I am just trying to measure the price I have quoted for summer 2013 to understand if it is good or not or If I should be watching for a better deal later?

Update: I successfully booked the UK deal! After careful thought, and comparing the US rates I was getting quoted for July 2012 when I was just shopping to get an idea of price, the package was several hundred dollars cheaper even with the exchange rate/fees. I called using Skype (I get so excited using my Skype, I can't get over how cheap it is and how clear the calls are!), and I asked for the buy 2 nights, get 2 free offer. At first the CM said it was only marketed to UK residents but I said I heard that if you call, they can do it for other country's residents as well. She put me on hold for a minute to check and then said a supervisor confirmed that I could book under what they call a "cross-over booking" and I was able to proceed. The whole call took about 20 minutes because she went over lots of details about DLP and the resort that I already knew but that was OK. I'm just so glad I am all booked and only had to put down the 15% deposit.

She said that my card on file would automatically be charged the balance 60 days before my departure. Is that accurate or do I have to call myself to request my balance to be paid? I just want to be sure it is done and not risk my booking getting cancelled or anything.

She said that my card on file would automatically be charged the balance 60 days before my departure. Is that accurate or do I have to call myself to request my balance to be paid? I just want to be sure it is done and not risk my booking getting cancelled or anything.

Yes it will charged to your card automatically. Sometimes they might even take the payment twice or three times which has happend to some of us on this board.

I always call a few days before hand and make the payment manualy. It then takes about a week to show on your bank statement.

Yes it will charged to your card automatically. Sometimes they might even take the payment twice or three times which has happend to some of us on this board.

I always call a few days before hand and make the payment manualy. It then takes about a week to show on your bank statement.

I usually do this too, but I find it helpful to phone up every couple months or so and pay it up over time so I know it's fully paid etc and I don't spend the money :)

I usually do this too, but I find it helpful to phone up every couple months or so and pay it up over time so I know it's fully paid etc and I don't spend the money :)

I've stopped paying by installments after my last trip when they took one of the the payments twice. Took a lot of phone calls to sort that one out.

Is it best to make reservations by phone or internet? Can you use ANY country to get the best price. Because right now Sweden is giving me a savings of $800 over UK.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will call a month before my final payment and do it manually. This way I can tell my CC company ahead of time to make sure they don't reject the charge as fraud suspicion for being foreign, and I won't have to worry about the system auto charging anything.

How and when can I make dining reservations? Is it necessary to do them 6 months in advance like for WDW to get the best restaurants and time slots?

Is it best to make reservations by phone or internet? Can you use ANY country to get the best price. Because right now Sweden is giving me a savings of $800 over UK.

You can book on any countries website as nothing gets sent by post. Regarding best way of making resas I'll let someone else answer as I've never made one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter