Dates for OKW Pool Closure

Flower13

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the exact dates for the OKW pool closure ( for the slide construction)? MS just said sometime in the fall. I was hoping for more exact dates.

Thanks

Closing in September with plans to open in late December/early January are as specific as I've seen.

Thanks - We were planning on being at OKW from 9/6-9/10. We will have a 9 month old baby in our party and plan to spend a lot of lounging time ( not much park time). Do you think the main pool will be available early in the month or should we try to move to another resort? We love OKW but really want to spend time at the pool. Thanks for your help!

Have you used the Turtle Pond pool? I've found that to be as nice (or nicer) than the main pool.

My guess is they will start construction as soon after Labor Day as possible.

I called MS today. While I was on the line I asked about the pool closing. The CM said that she thought it was going to be in the middle of October. She offered to check for sure. She came back on the line about five minutes later. She said the renovation is scheduled to begin September 6 (right in the middle of our trip) and last approximately six to eight weeks.

Chaos, thanks for checking and for sharing the update!

You're welcome!!

The information given on the DIS is great. Happy to be able to offer some!

I will let my in laws know they are there in Nov so they may want to relocate to another area of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter