DAS pre-registration live chat: How long should I expect to wait?

Disney.Dreamin.Dee

Registered
And how do I know they are ready to talk to me?

I've been on the message us screen for 45 minutes and since it does not give you an estimated wait time or anything I don't know if I should just go about my day and hope they don't catch me after I'm sweaty from raking haha.

And since my screen locks after a minute how do I know they are trying to talk to me?

There's no telling when they'll come on. There will be a pop-up conversation box in the bottom right of the screen. I missed their contact by minutes, but thankfully the person was still there when I wrote back.....only to find out that the video chat doesn't cover visits that start before Nov. 1. Ugh. Happy raking, anyway!!

Well that ended up being a 3 day process lol.

They need a contact back system in place instead of making people wait for hours with no clue of how long it will be.

And it was like they knew as soon as I needed to walk away for more than a second and that's when they would come on.
Sorry can't take my phone/tablet into the shower with me!

I will say that after sending Disney an email expressing the frustration of having zero indication of a wait time I noticed today that after I chatted with the gate keeper they did say the last updated wait time was 1.5hrs however within 10 minutes I was doing the video chat.

Almost 4 hours for us. I started the chat process today at 12:45. Sat there for about 2 hours with nothing happening. Then someone asked a few questions "to see if I was eligible to have the video chat" - that included giving them our hotel reservation number which I think they used to verify that we were coming after Nov 1. More waiting after that. Then someone came on to ask if I had done the video chat yet, when I said no they put me in what appeared to be a different waiting group. More waiting. Then about 3:25 the video chat started. The Cast member was super nice. She did want to meet on camera my 13 year old who is the one eligible for the DAS and asked him about his needs. I assume if he had been nonverbal or otherwise unable to speak to her I could have explained that and been fine, he was happy to have her talking to him though. Just different because at the parks they have only ever asked me about his needs. After we were approved by the video chat she put us back into the chat waiting area for someone to come back on the chat to make the 2 per day ride reservations. I knew what we wanted each day and the times offered were fine (usually a late morning option and severs late afternoon options). I was done with the entire process about 4:15.

So it was a 3 hour process for me today. 8-day trip in early November.

7:00 : Started on-line process
7:43 : Completed Guest Info form, and guests to be included in DAS selections
8:42 : Video chat to request DAS
9:07 : Start making DAS Advanced Selections for 8 days
9:58 : Modifications to DAS Advanced Selections for 2 days
10:06 : Final DAS Advanced Selection completed

I opened the chat this morning at 10:47 am. It has now been over 2 hours and nothing has happened. I have the chat open. I hope they start the video chat soon because my 8 year old has to go somewhere at 4:00.

I opened the chat this morning at 10:47 am. It has now been over 2 hours and nothing has happened. I have the chat open. I hope they start the video chat soon because my 8 year old has to go somewhere at 4:00.

That's the unfortunate thing.
They want the person there but give no indication of how long it will be.
The initial person you chat with will just have you fill out a form with your name address phone number on it.
Then you may have to wait several more hours to do the video chat.
Then you may have to wait several more hours to actually do the advanced selections.
Disney vastly underestimated the people that would like to pre register and didn't hire enough people to do the work.

I’m definitely worried that my daughter will have to leave before we get to the video portion. I thought 5-6 hours would be enough, but I guess not. I did get to the point that they ask the questions about eligibility and now I’m waiting for an agent to do the video interview. Weekends are really my only option. I’m already taking her out of school for a week for the vacation. I can’t justify taking her out of school to sit and wait for a video chat.

I was already registered. Opened chat at 7:01. Started selecting at 7:18. Great right? Was disconnected on the chat by 7:35 by the representative. Still have 3 park days to select. Today was my 3rd attempt…guess tomorrow is another day!

I tried for several days and it was ridiculou. One day stared at 730am and spoke to them about 1030am

6 hours and 26 minutes later and I’m STILL sitting here waiting to start the video chat portion. This is really ridiculous.

I’m right there with you! I logged on around 10:30 am.I have video chatted now waiting to do Das passes….the wait continues… I waited yesterday from 4:30pm until they closed. I got disconnected by an agent at 10:15CT. …

I waited for about 7 hours yesterday, video chat disconnected. Tried to reconnect, said they were no longer allowing people to enter the queue for the day 🤬

Got on today at 12:02 pm.
6:36 pm: Someone came on to ask me to fill out an eligibility questionnaire.
6:45 pm: Said we're "eligible to continue the process" and put us in the queue to speak to a Video Chat Cast Member
8:21 pm: Still waiting.

I don't have a lot of hope that we'll get selections made tonight 😩

Oh my word! I finally got through the DAS process.
10:47 am - I joined the chat
1:27 pm - someone asked me questions
6:03 pm - the video interview started
7:31 pm - I was contacted to make my ride selections
8:14 pm - I was finally finished!

9 hours and 27 minutes - that is one long chat!

Is anyone else on today? I was on right at 7:00 am and got disconnected at 7:20 am. I got back on right at 7:20 am on a chrome book with an Ethernet connection. Still waiting and I’m wondering if I will even get through today.

It absolutely stinks that Disney has done this so poorly, but no one has to go through the video chat process to get a DAS…if it’s too much of a pain, just wait and get DAS at the park.

Personally, there are no rides in any of the parks that would be worth dealing with hours on end waiting to get a DAS and then the Advance Selection rides. YMMV

It absolutely stinks that Disney has done this so poorly, but no one has to go through the video chat process to get a DAS…if it’s too much of a pain, just wait and get DAS at the park.

Personally, there are no rides in any of the parks that would be worth dealing with hours on end waiting to get a DAS and then the Advance Selection rides. YMMV

This does help put things in perspective - thanks!

Since we are going at a busy time and I will need breaks from the parks the idea of the 2 advance means we can be sure of 3 rides per day and that would actually be enough for me! If my kids want to stay longer or skip the pool break they can wait standby or purchase G+ or $LL for additional attractions.

Planning on trying again tomorrow with a spare laptop while I work as I have to be in my office all day anyway maybe tomorrow will be my day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter