DAS from WDW to Disneyland?

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
I tried searching for this because I know it's been discussed but couldn't find anything.

We used DAS in Disney World in June and are going to Disneyland in November- will they be able to see I had it at WDW and am renewing or do I just go through the process again?

At WDW, we usually had to go to each attraction to get a DAS because we rarely saw the guest services umbrellas- is this the same for Disneyland? And you can only use it for rides that previously offered FastPass right? Any other specific differences to be aware of? Since there's no Magic Bands at Disneyland do they just scan your park tickets?

DLR and WDW systems for DAS are separate. At DLR, we were directed to the blue umbrella stands to get DAS returns, but I do believe we could get them directly at the attraction. FP is not at all attractions at DLR so I believe you can get a DAS for most ride type attractions despite if FP was offered. The DAS is put on your ticket, we used the mobile app on the phone mostly.

My sister used a mobility device along with having the DAS so sometimes she has a mobility return instead of DAS depending on attraction so I am not 100% now on which we used which.

DAS at WDW and DL are similar, but separate. So, as tobikaye mentioned, you can’t just renew your WDW one at DL. The DAS is only valid for up to 60 days, so you would need to renew your June WDW DAS even if you were coming back to WDW instead of DL.
You will need to go thru applying for DAS at DL, but the process is similar to WDW.
Even though this is dated 2014, it is the current link about DAS from the Disneyland website.
Disneyland DAS

As others have said, you would need to get a new DAS at either City Hall or the Chamber of Commerce depending on which park you enter first. Process for obtaining it is the same, though. The best part about DAS at DL as opposed to WDW are the blue umbrellas - if for example you just used your DAS for Star Tours and now want to ride Pirates, you don't have to trek all the way over to New Orleans Square and weave past the extended queue to get your return time, then wander and find something else to do while you wait. You can instead get your return time at the blue umbrella in Tomorrowland, then take your time heading over to NOS. For those of us with DAS + mobility issues (or who get to use wheels to get from point A to point B but feel bad that our partners/family members do not!), it's a definite plus!

The other big thing to be aware of before a DL trip, if you're not used to it, is that there are a lot of narrower areas than you may be used to WDW that make it feel more crowded/noisy. And a handful of rides don't have FP entrances so you'll have to enter through the exit. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of especially if someone in your party is an over-planner/prone to meltdowns if things are different (like I am).

You have to get a new one issued every time you use a new ticket. The systems don't save any information between WDW and DL.

Just a heads up, at DLR, the DAS is no longer issues at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce, they are now issued at any of the guest services kiosks around the parks. We confirmed this in July 17 when we went and they will issue your first return time at the same time.

Also, if you have a park Hopper, you can get a return time for something in the other park. For example, let's say you are in Disneyland, you can go to a kiosk in DL and a get a return time for Incredicoaster. But the return time will need to be after park hopping hours have started of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts