DAS during MNSShP?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I’m doing a mom daughetr trip the beginning of Oct. I bought tickets for MNSSHP. Its on a weekend so I doubt we will see low wat times. Will we be able to use the DAS?

Have have used my DAS for a few thing during MNSSHP. the wait for ride were wuite short it was hard to find a line with a wait over 15 minutes

It really depends on the CMs too. From my conversations with Guest Relations, it should be allowed if the ride has a long wait if they haven’t changed any policies in the last year. However, CMs at the attractions don’t always know this. It is frustrating. The only ride I’ve ever had to use it for during MNSSHP is 7DMT.

It really depends on the CMs too. From my conversations with Guest Relations, it should be allowed if the ride has a long wait if they haven’t changed any policies in the last year. However, CMs at the attractions don’t always know this. It is frustrating. The only ride I’ve ever had to use it for during MNSSHP is 7DMT.
I have used it at 7DMT and space mountain every year I have been

Can anyone elaborate on how the DAS works during MNSSHP? I'm confused because I know FP+ aren't available. Which line do they send you through when you return? The only thing I see my son potentially needing it for is Space Mountain. He's been obsessing over going on it and I know the line might be long this year with the Halloween overlays. I don't think the other lines will be too long for him but I could be wrong! First time attending a party.

Can anyone elaborate on how the DAS works during MNSSHP? I'm confused because I know FP+ aren't available. Which line do they send you through when you return? The only thing I see my son potentially needing it for is Space Mountain. He's been obsessing over going on it and I know the line might be long this year with the Halloween overlays. I don't think the other lines will be too long for him but I could be wrong! First time attending a party.
They send you through the FP line which is still opened for rider swap, DAS, and VIP tours but most lines are under 10 minutes the only ones I have used the DAS for MNSSPH was space and 7DMT. it works the same as during the regular hours they scene your band gives you a time to come back and you come back at your time.

And we have been refused at the rides during MNSSHP, including 7DMT, being told that DAS was not available during parties since lines are short. SO .... it appears to be hit or miss. We do not raise a stink or get pushy about it, there is so much to do at the parties we just don't worry if we don't get on a ride or two.

Been doing parties (1 or 2 a year) every year since 2006.

I’m so glad that you asked this, as it saved me asking!

@HopperFan do you happen to remember how long the lines were when you were told they were too short to use the DAS, please?

I’m so glad that you asked this, as it saved me asking!

@HopperFan do you happen to remember how long the lines were when you were told they were too short to use the DAS, please?

It was a blanket statement at each that it was not available, not that it was specific to their ride. I asked at was 7DMT and I want to say the line was 30-40 minutes, which is short for that ride. We also asked at Space Mountain, want to say it was 20-30 minutes. We opted to go ahead through the SB line at PP since it was much shorter than normal because I wanted DS1 to finally be able to see and enjoy the queue. It was not short but rare opportunity he would not normally be able to do. He spent a long time at each spot and it was more fun for him than the ride (and he wasn't crushed in with folks and it wasn't too loud). I want to say it was about 20 minutes.

We just make sure we utilize it for the couple longer lines during the regular hours if we weren't able to get a FP+ for it.

Last edited:
It was a blanket statement at each that it was not available, not that it was specific to their ride. I asked at was 7DMT and I want to say the line was 30-40 minutes, which is short for that ride. We also asked at Space Mountain, want to say it was 20-30 minutes. We opted to go ahead through the SB line at PP since it was much shorter than normal because I wanted DS1 to finally be able to see and enjoy the queue. It was not short but rare opportunity he would not normally be able to do. He spent a long time at each spot and it was more fun for him than the ride (and he wasn't crushed in with folks and it wasn't too loud). I want to say it was about 20 minutes.

Thank you - this is good to know. I hadn’t realised it was a blanket statement, which is frustrating, as 30-40 mins is still a long time if you struggle with certain sensory or anxiety issues.

I’m glad that your son was able to enjoy the PP queue: I am slightly sad that we won’t get to see it if we use a DAS.

Thank you - this is good to know. I hadn’t realised it was a blanket statement, which is frustrating, as 30-40 mins is still a long time if you struggle with certain sensory or anxiety issues.

I’m glad that your son was able to enjoy the PP queue: I am slightly sad that we won’t get to see it if we use a DAS.

I hear you, we have sensory, severe anxiety which turns into fight or flight panic, a severe sound disability, aversion to human noise ..... and the list goes on. FP+ has actually been huge for us, we roll it all day long and I rarely have to take him in a SB line with that alone. We find we use the DAS maybe once a day. Using the FP+ on our phone also means we can avoid walking to a ride and getting a return time and coming back.

That’s a really good idea - thank you for sharing it. I can see how it would make life easier than having to run all over the park to get DAS return times.

This will be our first time at WDW and we are dealing with similar issues. I think the DAS will be worth getting but I appreciate hearing how other people manage it, so I’m definitely going to remember what you said.

At MNSSHP, if they won’t let us use DAS then I think we will just need to avoid the more popular rides. We are incredibly fortunate to be coming from the U.K. and therefore have the time to do that.

That’s a really good idea - thank you for sharing it. I can see how it would make life easier than having to run all over the park to get DAS return times.

This will be our first time at WDW and we are dealing with similar issues. I think the DAS will be worth getting but I appreciate hearing how other people manage it, so I’m definitely going to remember what you said.

At MNSSHP, if they won’t let us use DAS then I think we will just need to avoid the more popular rides. We are incredibly fortunate to be coming from the U.K. and therefore have the time to do that.

Seriously the party is so awesome with so much to do .... I would make the rides a low priority since you have a long trip. Read over the thread about everything there is to do and see ... believe me you will run out of time really fast even without rides. And DRESS UP, keeping it simple.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...een-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/

That is so weard I have never been told ( wait one time at buzz biting EMH like right when the DAS started) been told I could not use it for EMH MNSHP MVMCP and I have said things like oh I am suprised the DAS works during —— and the CM say something like if the line is longer then 10 minutes we have to give a return time to accommodate gust that need it. It does make since I mean if a wheelchair ECV user wanted to ride BTMRRNduring the party EMH I do not think they would say oh you have. To go though the standby line we will not let you go though the exit.

Seriously the party is so awesome with so much to do .... I would make the rides a low priority since you have a long trip. Read over the thread about everything there is to do and see ... believe me you will run out of time really fast even without rides. And DRESS UP, keeping it simple.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...een-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/

Thank you so much! It looks like a really fun event and I’m very excited. I think HM would be fun to do, but otherwise I think you are right that rides should be a low priority.

Thank you so much! It looks like a really fun event and I’m very excited. I think HM would be fun to do, but otherwise I think you are right that rides should be a low priority.

HM is a must at the parties. Other than right after the parade passes that area the line moves pretty fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter