DAS and my mom

EEPETEZ

Mouseketeer
My mother has medical and respiratory issues that do not allow her to be in the heat for extended periods of time. In the past I would run around and collect FP's while she waited in an air contained area. Then she could wait our turn inside somewhere and when it was our time we would go to the FP line. Now with the limit of only 3 FP+'s I'm very concerned about her. I've also heard the the new DAS is only for those with Autism -I don't think this is true, but it seems to be mentioned often, so I'm confused. My mom would never to be to be in any outside stand-by lines like Splash or jungle cruise. In the past it was no big deal, I would grab a FP. Now she is very apprehensive. We've never had to explain these issues at WDW before. Just that I have it correct, we just go to guest relations and explain our concerns about standing in line and that it is necessary that she be able to wait in an alternate location out of the heat. Then they will be able to help? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

I did read it, I just wanted to make sure we were doing things correctly? We have zero experience with this type if thing. In the past, I have been able to take care of her needs on our own with FP, now I cannot and I'm worried. In all honesty, we are worried that they will tell her she cannot have a DAS (possibly an unfounded concern, but there all the same). It worried me when I read posts of CM's telling people the DAS was only for kids with Autism or being give some difficulty with asking for them. My mom is also really worried about being embarrassed, she normally does not need to ask for help. I was looking here for a bit of reassurance that we were doing things correctly. I know the people here have much more experience than me. WDW is our favorite place and just wanted to make sure we are doing what we are supposed to do to allow my mom to have the same great experience she has always had.

When getting a DAS you only need to explain her needs. She would probably qualify because of her issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter