Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2018

I am so excited for this season! Of those I know I like all of them - Nancy, DeMarcus, Juan, Mary Lou, John, and Evanna. I have not watched in a few years because I either did not know or did not care for a lot of the celebrities that were on.

Dutifully watched all the intro videos, what a charming cast!

My finals predictions, based on the Stanky Leg etc, and the personalities:

Bobby Bones and Sharna
Mary Lou Retton and Sasha

Maybe, based on apparent dance talent and unknown fan factor:
Tinashe and Brandon
Milo Manheim and Witney
DeMarcus Ware and Lindsay

Wild cards, based on fan factor:
Juan Pablo di Pace and Cheryl
Evanna Lynch and Keo
Joe Amabile and Jenna

Possible early eliminations:
John Schneider and Emma
Alexis Ren and Alan
Nikki Glaser and Gleb

Ugh! I am so mad at Dish right now. They are having a spat with my local ABC channel so they have blocked ABC for 3 weeks. I missed the last of Bachelor in Paradise because of this nonsense and now maybe the start of DWTS and the start of the whole TV season? Rats.

I would be making threatening calls to Dish. Almost everything I watch is on ABC!

Me too. I was looking at the Sling streaming service and they don't have CBS. Then I realized I don't watch too many shows on CBS. But, ABC would be a dealbreaker.

Robin, look into getting a cheap TV antenna. First see if your area gets coverage. There are maps you can Google. And if you can get a signal with just an antenna, I've seen some decent ones on Amazon for about $10

I called Dish. They credited me $5. I pay $114 per month. I was going to dump them anyway but now I’ll have some moral indignation to fuel it.

Ugh! I am so mad at Dish right now. They are having a spat with my local ABC channel so they have blocked ABC for 3 weeks. I missed the last of Bachelor in Paradise because of this nonsense and now maybe the start of DWTS and the start of the whole TV season? Rats.

We also have Dish. I better check to make sure our local ABC channel is available.

We have Dish and it is fine.
About 10 years ago we lost ABC for about 6 months.
It depends on how long it takes to resolve a price issue with the networks

:teacher: Trivia Factoid: Former DWTS winner, Bindi Irwin, and her mom & brother are going to be starring in a new nature TV show on Animal Planet called Crikey! It's the Irwins, starting Oct 28th.

There will be one elimination week one. Week two will have double elimination

The first week there will be 2 episodes:
Monday, the Season Premiere
Tuesday, Episode 2 for the elimination. :duck:

We have an HD antenna, use Tivo with it. Also have Prime and Netflix. I wouldn't mind having Food and HGTV, but I can live without it.

This week AND next week, the show will be on both Mon & Tues. Not sure how many Tues will be added. Maybe one more after that as the Roseanne reboot without Roseanne, is set to premiere Tues night, Oct 16th.

Monday night:

Alexis & Alan – Jive (song: “Good Golly Miss Molly” by Little Richard)

Bobby & Sharna – Jive (song: “T-R-O-U-B-L-E” by Travis Tritt)

Danelle & Artem – Foxtrot (song: “Rise Up” by Andra Day)

DeMarcus & Lindsay – Cha-Cha (song: “Sweet Sensation” by Flo Rida)

Evanna & Keo – Foxtrot (song: “Do You Believe in Magic” by Aly & AJ)

Joe & Jenna – Quickstep (song: “Fish Out of Water” by Leo Soul)

John & Emma – Foxtrot (song: “Good Ol’ Boys (Theme from Dukes of Hazzard)” by Waylon Jennings)

Juan Pablo & Cheryl – Salsa (song: “Dinero” by Jennifer Lopez feat. DJ Khaled & Cardi B)

Mary Lou & Sasha – Cha-Cha (song: “Treasure” by Bruno Mars)

Milo & Witney – Cha Cha (song: “Free Free Free” by Pitbull feat. Theron Theron)

Nancy & Val – Quickstep (song: “It Don’t Mean a Thing” by Club Des Belugas)

Nikki & Gleb – Salsa (“YES” by Louisa feat. 2 Chainz)

Tinashe & Brandon – Jive (“I’m a Lady” by Meghan Trainor)

Tuesday night:

Alexis & Alan – Jive (song: “Shake the Room” by Gamu)

Bobby & Sharna – Jive (song: “Gimme Some Lovin’” by The Spencer Davis Group)

Danelle & Artem – Foxtrot (song: “Strong Ones” by Armin van Buuren feat. Cimo Frankel)

DeMarcus & Lindsay – Cha-Cha (song: “I Like it Like That” by The Blackout Allstars)

Evanna & Keo – Foxtrot (song: “Rewrite the Stars” by Zac Efron & Zendaya)

Joe & Jenna – Quickstep (song: “Check it Out” by Oh the Larceny)

John & Emma – Foxtrot (song: “Orange Colored Sky” by Nat King Cole)

Juan Pablo & Cheryl – Salsa (song: “Tu Sonrisa” by Elvis Crespo)

Mary Lou & Sasha – Cha-Cha (song: “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer)

Milo & Witney – Cha Cha (song: “Good Feeling” by Austin French)

Nancy & Val – Quickstep (song: “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves)

Nikki & Gleb – Salsa (“Tres Deseos” by Gloria Estefan)

Tinashe & Brandon – Jive (“Yes” by Merry Clayton)

Am I the only one nauseated by Retton? She was part of the old USAG guard who denied the sexual assaults by gymnasts for the longest time and still defends the Karolyis. I hope she's gone in the first round, but doubt it.

Tom was on, I think, Access Hollywood, a few days ago, promoting the show. I just looked for a clip of it, but couldn't find one. It was funny. The host said to him there must have been many times over the years where even he looks at the list of "stars" and says, "WHO???" :confused3

Tom said (something along the lines of) "There are 3 phases of DWTS:

Phase 1: When the stars come out, people's reactions are, "Yay!" :cheer2:, :eek: - if they are controversial, and "Who?" :confused3

Phase 2: "Um, okay, I'll watch to see who these people are and how they do." :scratchin :happytv:

Phase 3: :lovestruc Aww! I didn't know about them, but I'm so glad they were on!"

(I'm adding, there are also times when we are so glad some people are OFF! :p )

On GMA this morning, Ginger Zee said there are now 3 people with injuries already. :headache: She said it's because the stars have to learn TWO songs to dance to this first week. (Mandy already posted the list for each night above. :) It will be the same dance, but different songs and slightly different choreography. Usually, they don't have to dance to a second song till about Week 7. :( So the producers are really pushing the stars & pros for a LOT more than they usually do.

I think we are going to see a lot more injuries in the coming weeks and some people will really be sidelined and possibly out for good. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter