Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2017

I do actually feel bad that Victoria was let go, but honestly I think her lack of votes was ultimately the result of her backstory being shoved down the fan's throats a bit too much. I had no issue with her on the show personality wise, but ultimately people are more focused on the destination instead of where you've been.

Didn't Frankie actually break his back? We've only heard about that once. Victoria's story just felt forced after the 5th or 6th time.

She'll be performing in the final anyway. Being in the final 5 is still a very respectable finish for a show heavily weighed on popularity by voting.

FYI, they did announce the redemption dances already on Instagram. They should be interesting to see:

Jordan & Lindsay Charleston
Frankie & Witney Foxtrot
Drew & Emma Paso doble
Lindsey & Mark Quickstep

I honestly think Drew got the short straw this week. Paso is a hard dance to redeem in just a week's time... especially given the song choices they give for it on this show. I think the rest will be more than OK.

Ok, I think Victoria didn't get enough votes last week because 1) she danced badly; and 2) she seemed like her body has had enough. I feel bad that she was upset, but it's a reality show, no one said it was going to be fair.

Here is how Monday & Tues break down:

MONDAY:
All 4 couples will dance twice:

The first one is a Redemption dance. It's a dance they didn't do very well on earlier in the season. One of the Judges coaches them through it. That's partly why they are bringing Julianne back as a judge for the Final. ;)

Drew Scott and Emma
Redemption Dance: Paso Doble with Bruno as Coach

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay
Redemption Dance: Charleston with Len as Coach

Lindsey Stirling and Mark
Redemption Dance: Quickstep with Julianne as Coach

Frankie Muniz and Whitney
Redemption Dance: Foxtrot with Carrie Ann as Coach (and a solo??)​

Then each couple dances a Freestyle dance. This is the most important dance as it often is the one that determines if they win or lose, depending on their choice. The STAR gets to pick the song and what it means to them.

Save your votes till after you see the Freestyle Dance (and who goes home. Don't accidentally waste your vote on the person going home.)

A couple goes home.

You get one last chance to vote.

TUESDAY: (9 - 11pm ET)

The whole cast comes back and does one of their dances. Lots of celebrating. Lots of the troupe dancing. Tom & Erin go through fond & memorable moments. There should be a music star performing. (9pm - 10:20-ish)

About 40 min before the end, (10:20-ish) the 3 Finalists dance one more dance. Possibly a Fusion dance - 2 dance styles fused together, that they only have a short time to prepare. So they have to know ALL the dances that may be fused together.

The judges vote one more time. Their votes + our votes and their votes from Mon are tallied together.

10:59:57 A couple is crowned the Mirror Ball Champion. :woohoo:

Some of us will be happy. :yay: Some not. :badpc: :duck:

Last edited:
Drew and Jonathan are much different in interviews than on their TV show. Actually Drew seems almost straight-laced on the show. Since they're Canadian I've seen them more on the fly sort of speak. They have this way about them that could be deemed inappropriate to some on other people's shows/interviews. Sort of like pushing the boundaries of an interview at times. They don't get remotely "oh I shouldn't have said that or did that". In fact, they often have to be shown that they are pushing too far. And often it has a sexual slant. Is that what you're picking up?

If so, they both have that way about them FINFAN.
no..it's not that type of creeper...I am not sure how to describe it. He isn't saying things that are odd or weird, he just IS weird to me, like on an eeeewwww level. He might be the nicest dude ever but I just can't watch him. Matter of fact it has now altered how I see him on Property Bros~ I can't shake it.

no..it's not that type of creeper...I am not sure how to describe it. He isn't saying things that are odd or weird, he just IS weird to me, like on an eeeewwww level. He might be the nicest dude ever but I just can't watch him. Matter of fact it has now altered how I see him on Property Bros~ I can't shake it.

Interesting. :lmao: I saw him on an older Hallmark movie recently. His character was a jerk. I can't quite shake image of him as that now. :crazy2:

Last edited:

Okay. :goodvibes

But my point was that they are quite different in a less structured interview space than on the show. Now you have me curious. :drinking1;)

Drew Scott and Emma
Monday
Redemption Dance: Paso Doble with Bruno as Coach (Song: “Get Ready” by Rayelle)
Freestyle (Song: “The Ding Dong Daddy of the D-car Line” by the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies)
Tuesday:
Repeat Performance
24-hour Fusion Challenge
1-800-868-3404

Jordan Fisher and Lindsay
Monday
Redemption Dance: Charleston with Len as Coach (Song: “Bad Man” by Pitbull)
Freestyle (Song: “Puttin’ on the Ritz 2017” Jazzy Mix by Taco)
Tuesday:
Repeat Performance
24-hour Fusion Challenge
1-800-868-3406

Lindsey Stirling and Mark
Monday
Redemption Dance: Quickstep with Julianne as Coach (Song: “Barflies at the Beach” by Royal Crown Review)
Freestyle (Song: “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor/”Palladio” by Escala (Medley))
Tuesday:
Repeat Performance
24-hour Fusion Challenge
1-800-868-3407

Frankie Muniz and Whitney
Monday
Redemption Dance: Foxtrot with CAI as Coach (and a solo??)(Song: “I Won’t Dance” by Frank Sinatra)
Freestyle (Song: “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid)
Tuesday:
Repeat Performance
24-hour Fusion Challenge
1-800-868-3405

Could they have given Mark and Lindsey a bigger "gimmie" song for their Quickstep? I think not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter