Dance The Magic Experiences??

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
My daughter's dance studio announced that they will be participating in Dance The Magic in WDW in December 2020. Super far away, but nice to know it's on the radar. I'm able to read about the program on the Dance the Magic website, but I'm looking for personal experiences and what it's like to bring extended family. My daughter will be 7 1/2 at the time and only eligible for the showcase performance, not the parade. I'm also curious about pricing and what hotels are typically used for this event. Has anyone been a part of this experience? Thanks!

We are going July 2020, too! I'm wanting to know what the itinerary might be so we can make some reservations!

We are going July 2020, too! I'm wanting to know what the itinerary might be so we can make some reservations!
Fun! If you can, keep me updated on the journey! This trip will take over our annual November trip, so I'm hoping it's a fun experience. I'm such a planner that I'm sure it will drive me a bit crazy, but it will also open my eyes to so much more at WDW.

I'm a studio owner who took her students a few years ago to a Dance The Magic event. Everyone LOVED it and still talk about it to this day. I had several families that brought extended family members and made a whole family vacation out of the event. Your studio owner will get a huge package of information, that they will pass on to you including prices and itinerary etc. I can't speak to prices at this point, because they change every year, as Disney raises their prices every year. If you have any questions about when we went, I'm happy to answer.
Just a note, the add on of the banquet was our students fav part of the whole week. They had a blast, for sure worth the extra cost to attend.

I'm a studio owner who took her students a few years ago to a Dance The Magic event. Everyone LOVED it and still talk about it to this day. I had several families that brought extended family members and made a whole family vacation out of the event. Your studio owner will get a huge package of information, that they will pass on to you including prices and itinerary etc. I can't speak to prices at this point, because they change every year, as Disney raises their prices every year. If you have any questions about when we went, I'm happy to answer.
Just a note, the add on of the banquet was our students fav part of the whole week. They had a blast, for sure worth the extra cost to attend.
Thank you for the information! My biggest questions surround the timing of everything. Like when we would have to arrive, the practice expectations, the actual performance and when we are "free" to do our own things.

I've read that we have to stay at whatever hotels are selected.

I'm able to see this year's current itinerary and it looks like there is a private party at Animal Kingdom!

My daughter will be 7 - the minimum age to attend. She cannot participate in the parade, but can do the showcase. Will her performance be in an actual park or at Disney Springs?

No matter what, I am already SO excited to experience this!

The timing and practice expectations will be provided by your studio for sure. I know we only attended a practice for the parade with all the studios coming together to go over how that will work. Your daughter will not need to attend that. When we went, it was when the performances were held at Disney Springs and Hollywood Studios. I believe the studio got to choose which one or both...???? We opted to dance at Hollywood Studios. It wasn't an all day thing, and after the performance, families were free to go do whatever they would like. I think you will find that you will have plenty of free time to enjoy, especially with not having the parade.
As for hotels, Yes, the studio stays together at the hotel selected by the studio of the options provided by Dance The World. When we went, there was only one option given, I believe now, the studio representative chooses from 2 or 3 options.

You will have a great time. It was amazing. And don't worry, it's very organized and not overwhelming as far as taking over your vacation time.

I wanted to start up this thread again to check in to see if anyone was heading down to WDW for the Elite Dance Spectacular December 6 - 8th. I'm watching this event in particular because it's what we will be doing in 2020. I can see from the FB page for Dance the Magic that the Elite Spectacular packages have been released for 2020 and curiosity is getting to me since we just returned from our WDW trip Monday and I'm going through withdrawal. This dance experience will be our next trip to WDW and I just want to know something - especially which hotels MIGHT be options! And.....I'm trying not to bother our studio owner with questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter