Dairy Allergy and Dessert Party

Aurora410

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

My DD has a dairy allergy and we are planning to go to the Star Wars Dessert party. My question is how and when do I let them know she has an allergy and what can I expect that they will give her? I'm hoping it's more than a generic allergy friendly cookie.

TIA

I noted it when I made the reservation online - just like you do with a regular TS reservation. My son has peanut/tree nut and shellfish allergies and we did the Jingle Bam dessert party in December at DHS so perhaps it is similar to the Star Wars dessert party? There was a lot of appetizer food as well as dessert items. The chef came out and talked to him and gave him a box filled with items that were safe. He also was able to eat some of the buffet items - of course each allergy is a bit different. I'm guessing you might get the box of items but am less sure anything from the buffet would be safe. The box had some unique things in it that I hadn't seen anywhere else - especially these little jarred desserts. He had about 6 or so different things in there. I was also concerned about paying all that money and him being disappointed but it worked out fine for us.

Perhaps someone would have more info or pics of what they serve.

We haven't been to that Dessert Party since last September (and won't be going on this trip, because we are doing the Illuminations Dessert Party tomorrow night) but here's what I do remember:

As @Selket said, we saw the folks with Gluten issues being give the pre-prepared selection of desserts that were safe for them. Additionally, the Chef would walk the person through the lines and show them exactly which items were safe for them to eat.

I do remember there being some cheese cubes and of course lots of little cupcakes, cookies, etc. Because I was standing there when another family got their allergy free box, I got to see inside of it; it was a nice selection of little cookies and pastry-looking things. I do't honestly remember how many pieces there were, but the CM told me that they had not had an allergy issue yet that they couldn't create some kind of desserts for!

Be sure to bring trinkets to trade with the Jawas - and yes, Kylo Ren really is scary in person! Have fun!

Thanks for your responses! My kids love Star Wars and I really think they will love this! I'm sure Kylo Ren will freak me out! :laughing:

They will try to accommodate a lot! My sister did the lights dessert party last year with two kids with food allergies - on soy/peanut the other rice, fruit, soy, nuts, corn and something else. They honestly tried to find anything possible for the second child to eat even searching the park for things they might eat. Sadly the list was too much even for Disney but they really really tried to find anything that could work.

Thank you for your replies! I'm relieved knowing she'll have something special to eat for the party.

Theresa

Our experience over the years with a dairy allergy and dessert at Disney, is that they use a lot of the Enjoy Life items to sub. The cookies, the brownie bars and the chocolate bars. We've also been given the OMG cookie. (not terribly yummy but it is big...). The other OMG items are gluten free but not dairy free. I wish Disney would go back to Divvies or start using the Erin McKenna's items (formerly Baby Cakes). Having said that, we have not done the Star Wars dessert party, so I cannot comment on that specifically.

i am lactose intolerant, i recommend bringing some lactose pills that are chewable (ice cream flavored) so that if the allergy isn't that bad she/he doesn't feel left out when having the desserts. If that doesn't work try calling the number for your reservation and ask to speak to the chef and notify them about which dates you are coming to accommodate some other way so that your family member doesn't feel left out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter