Daily Fix Re: Hall of Presidents - No Politics Please

Add me to the list of folks that are disappointed that people can't just keep their mouths shut and enjoy the attraction(s). We were in The American Adventure last July 4 and a guy decide to start chanting Trump! Trump! Trump! at the end of the show. He just sat there doing it, over and over, for a couple of minutes. Beyond the behavior being obnoxious, I couldn't understand that this guy just couldn't help it but to insert himself into everyone else's experiences.

I'll go to HOP this summer because I like to go to that attraction and i'm curious to see what it looks like with the latest addition. I just really hope that everyone can behave themselves.

Can everyone just read the whole statements? keep quoting me a bit.

What this guy said.:P

My own thoughts on this: I was worried about going back to see HOP since Trump was going to be added because the last time I went, there was definitely a Democrat-heavy crowd. Thankfully they didn't say anything mean or boo, but they were cheering and clapping for only Democrat presidents during the acknowledgements. I feel like since 3 years ago that people have just gotten way more out of hand and I don't really want to be in a theater with people that can't just keep their traps shut.

Look, I don't yell and boo during any show, I just want the same for every show at WDW. I hope that more people will accept Pete's mindset and just not go if they don't want to see it, because I enjoy the amazing animatronics but I don't want to feel awkward because there are politically charged people that can't control themselves in public. I would hope that most people know what they're getting into, even with a cryptic title like "Hall of Presidents".

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that I don't think that it's all Democrats, it just was obvious that day. I know that there are politic crazies on both sides. I'm a non-political person myself, and I just like to see great AA like Lincoln and get the shiver when they open the curtain and you see all those great men standing there on stage.

Last edited:
Or go in and behave, how is that for a novel idea????
I'd rather that someone know their limits and just boycott a show rather than chance them not being able to control their emotions in what they might feel is a "hostile" environment.

I mean, if we were talking about whether or not someone gets on the Winnie the Pooh ride, we would never expect them to get on it just because it exists, right? Why should the HoP be any different?

What this guy said.:P

My own thoughts on this: I was worried about going back to see HOP since Trump was going to be added because the last time I went, there was definitely a Democrat-heavy crowd. Thankfully they didn't say anything mean or boo, but they were cheering and clapping for only Democrat presidents during the acknowledgements. I feel like since 3 years ago that people have just gotten way more out of hand and I don't really want to be in a theater with people that can't just keep their traps shut.

Did you notice if they were cheering for both the Jacksonian AND Bourbon Democrats as well? Because that would have been strange.....

TOTALLY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION NOT ABOUT ANY PARTICULAR PRESIDENT:

What happens if Disney is in the process of creating the figure for that new hypothetical president and they are impeached/leave office in shame? I wonder if Disney would still include them as they are technically still part of the history of American presidents? I'm assumign that once a figure is installed, they wouldn't remove it for an impeachment?

What happens if Disney is in the process of creating the figure for that new hypothetical president and they are impeached/leave office in shame? I wonder if Disney would still include them as they are technically still part of the history of American presidents? I'm assumign that once a figure is installed, they wouldn't remove it for an impeachment?

No they wouldn't. Technically Bill Clinton was impeached.

Nixon is in, so I don't think they'd remove any president because they are part of history.

We actually had this debate at the university I teach at. We have the hall of Governors, and a few of our recent governors have ended up in jail, and it was debated if their pictures should stay up in the hall of governors or not.

Good question, and my mind immediately went to Tricky Dicky Nixon, like Cindy, so I'm in good company. :) And I agree - even "bad things" that are part of a nation's past (and there are MANY examples, all OVER the world!) are STILL legitimate parts of the past. And we can (and should, hopefully) learn from them.

Nixon is in, so I don't think they'd remove any president because they are part of history.

We actually had this debate at the university I teach at. We have the hall of Governors, and a few of our recent governors have ended up in jail, and it was debated if their pictures should stay up in the hall of governors or not.

Four out of the previous seven. That's a .517 batting average, which is about double what any current Cubs starter is batting. ;)

Four out of the previous seven. That's a .517 batting average, which is about double what any current Cubs starter is batting. ;)

It's not that you have bad Governors, it's that you have good checks and balances. Likewise, the Cubs don't have bad hitters, they're just facing tough pitching. If that makes you feel better....

It's not that you have bad Governors, it's that you have good checks and balances. Likewise, the Cubs don't have bad hitters, they're just facing tough pitching. If that makes you feel better....

The Cubs don't have bad hitters, unless you're calling guys like Kris Bryant and Ben Zobrist bad hitters. It's just that the Cubs bats are in menopause. They have hot flashes, but then go back to being ice cold.

The Cubs don't have bad hitters, unless you're calling guys like Kris Bryant and Ben Zobrist bad hitters. It's just that the Cubs bats are in menopause. They have hot flashes, but then go back to being ice cold.

Maybe they need to start Rizzo-ing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter