Daily 7 AM Hawaiian Chant Played At High Volume At Pool

When we were at Aulani in March, we stumbled across this area and happened to hear a kind-of-bizarre/kind-of-fascinating story/fairytale coming out of the speakers. You could only hear it if you were right near the speaker and it didn’t seem like it was being played across the entirety of the outdoors (but I could be wrong). My photos show it was 8:15 pm. It was darker out than it appears in the photo. I was so curious that we sat and waited to hear it a few days later. We did, but it was a different story that day. I have part of it recorded but it’s poor quality. It’s about Ina/Hena traveling across the path of the rainbow to get past the clouds, returning, her husband scolding her for being away and not available to bring him water, her husband twisting her ankle as she began to travel a lunar rainbow to get to the moon to “rest her weary head”, and later being referred to as the woman of the moon.
Yes! We walked right by that rock last night, about the same time, and heard a female voice wrapping up some kind of story! It’s not loud and you can only hear it if you’re standing right by it. There were also no live performers that night. It would be hard to hear otherwise, so maybe it’s only played on Mondays. The rock is by the path in front of the koi pond that wraps around the Olelo Room, with the lazy river on the other side. Easy to find.

Just wanted to say I googled this and found your post, thank you! This was our 4th stay at Aulani and first time facing the pool. I was completely surprised to wake up to this. (I am a light sleeper) Thank you for the info!

Just wanted to say I googled this and found your post, thank you! This was our 4th stay at Aulani and first time facing the pool. I was completely surprised to wake up to this. (I am a light sleeper) Thank you for the info!
We’ve been back to Aulani since my first post, and the second time it didn’t really bother us. Now I sort of look at it as a fun, Hawaiian quirk!

Not to get too tech on you,,,but the higher up the better chance you will hear it. If no other sounds to drown it out, sound will travel up the building and bounce off the sides. Used to live on the 16th floor of a building, I could hear the doorman talking. But if you were on 3rd floor above the car port would never hear them.

Not to get too tech on you,,,but the higher up the better chance you will hear it. If no other sounds to drown it out, sound will travel up the building and bounce off the sides. Used to live on the 16th floor of a building, I could hear the doorman talking. But if you were on 3rd floor above the car port would never hear them.

Not true. We go to Aulani every year and get pool view so usually you can hear the chant very well on the lower floors.

This time the pool view was sold out so we are in Ocean View on the 10th floor We have the best view of the pool and the ocean but this morning we couldn’t hear the chant. And we always sleep with the door open because of the awesome weather during this time of the year. I’m disappointed as we actually enjoy the chant and love waking up to it every morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter