Dad's 70th bday..O'Hana n/a...now what?

MCK588

Mouseketeer
Planning to celebrate my Dad's 70th bday (August) at WDW. I thought O'Hana's would be perfect for his bday dinner since we'll be with my kids (8yo & 6yo) and we wouldn't enjoy anything too stuffy. I can't get an ADR for that day. What are suggestions that would give us the same fun-loving atmosphere?

My father now 77, but going with us for about 5 years now, loves Hoop Dee Doo, and so doesn't my DS 12 (he has gone many times from 4 on).

Dad also enjoyed Yachtsman, Artist Point, Jiko - but may be on the "stuffy" side.

Enjoy!!!

I agree that Hoop De Doo would be a blast! It is really fun, they have breaks from the show throughout the dinner so you can talk and socialize with your group, they do a great job of celebrating special occasions (part of the show) and the food is good, and very plentiful.
Even though it is 2 TS or more expensive OOP, I think it is worth a special occasion such as a 70th BDay! Memorable...

Otherwise, perhaps maybe think about Boma? AKL is beautiful and exotic like the Polynesian, just different theming and there would be something for everyone on the buffet and they do a nice job of celebrating special occasions.
I have to say, it's really hard to find a true comparable comparison to replace 'Ohana, I'm trying to plan that myself.
Good Luck with what you decide!

Planning to celebrate my Dad's 70th bday (August) at WDW. I thought O'Hana's would be perfect for his bday dinner since we'll be with my kids (8yo & 6yo) and we wouldn't enjoy anything too stuffy. I can't get an ADR for that day. What are suggestions that would give us the same fun-loving atmosphere?

Have you considered the Spirit of Aloha Luau at the Poly?

I asked my mom where she wanted to eat for her birthday (75th) and she picked Beirgarten. She loves German food and thought it looked like a really fun place (that DS(3) would enjoy). I was a little surprised but now think it's a great choice. We are accutally not going for her birthday since we are going to MK that day because of the way our parks and ADR's worked out but are looking forward to it later in the week.

Hoop De Doo is quite a lot of fun, but if you want to spend a little less, but still have fun, consider Whispering Canyon Cafe in Wilderness Lodge. It can be a little intimidating to some people, but that would be a fun place to celebrate a milestone birthday, and the food is great. It's definitely not "stuffy" in WCC. :)

Keep trying! You never know! I have done this a few times for resorts and restaurants and many times availability comes up....

A few ideas --

Teppan Edo -- "at the table cooking" a la Benihana

Marrakesh -- with musicians and a belly dancer.

Boma -- nice buffet with the added benefit of the exotic AKL setting and animals right outside the back door

Rose & Crown Pub -- better than average food plus beers/ales, etc.

Chef Mickey's -- kind of a crazy scene, but we went with a family group of 12 and enjoyed it

Whispering Canyon Cafe -- fair food, but a lively atmosphere

Boma is one of our favorite restaurants. We also love 50's Prime Time. A fun place to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!