Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- UPDATED January 14th

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by mustinjourney, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

I think with a 4-yr old, it definitely counts!

mustinjourney likes this.
  2. QueenJen

QueenJen Mouseketeer

Love this shot.

Kat looks like she's having way more fun than the girl behind her.

:laughing:

My favorite of the bunch - fully stretched out. I think she is quite comfortable in that stroller.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jrmint427

jrmint427 Mouseketeer

That is impressive! How many total rides are there between the parks? You must have hit most if not all?

I love how happy she looks with her hands in the air!

I'm not above bribing my kids either! Whatever it takes to get their best behavior. My girls never let me forget my promises either...

We've never met her before! I might need to make sure we meet her on our next trip. Do you typically need a FP to meet her?

I totally agree! I've read they annoy some people, but I've seen our bubble makers make way too many other people (young and old) happy to feel like they are actually a nuisance. We should have packed our own bubble refills on our last trip!

5. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

Yes. But... she's 21 and not really into characters. Neither am I, really.
    (Although I might go out of my way for Ariel... if she's properly undressed... er... dressed, I mean.)

:lmao:

6. pkondz

:) That's a pretty good reason.

:rolleyes1

He says to the guy who just walked in from a -18F morning.

Come on up! You'd do just fine in your T-shirt.

Pretty bundled. Bet she was toasty in there. :)

:eek:

:faint:

Love this shot. :)

Holy crap! Toooooo many people!

Two things.
    1. Phew! Close one!
    2. I had to look up NRJ. I'm so used to calling it "It's a Small Moon" that I forgot its real name!

I've seen that line. Insane. People... this is what fastpasses are for!

Nice!

Awwww... passed out tot.

oy...

:laughing: Barely! but... I suppose it does.

:rotfl:

Phew! Nice save.

Simple. You can't.
    Looks pretty happy. :)

:sad2:

Oh, sure. No child anywhere has ever not immediately done exactly what a parent has told them.

Nothing wrong with that. Was she happy? Mission accomplished.

Oh, I have.

[​IMG]

Not me. You're in Disney... let the kids (or adults!) have fun!

docsoliday1 likes this.
  7. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Love the napping around the world pics!! Glad you could still complete 4 parks in one day ;)

8. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

I actually had picked up a FP for ToT and REALLY wanted to go on it -- but there was no way I was poking the bear. She was pretty out of it at that point.

9. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

the video is even better. She always has this huge smile and her hands up practically the whole time.

She absolutely LOVES roller coasters. her younger sister, on the other hand, is not quite as amused by them.

10. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

That was every ride operating at all four parks. That include Carousel of Progress, main street vehicles, MK train, and the train at Animal Kingdom. It was close to 20 miles.

I attempted the challenge two more times in 2018 (april -- failed to ride 3 of the rides and october I couldn't ride Dinosaur b/c it was down. Finished with 30 mins to spare, so would have easily completed that day).

she absolutely loves roller coasters. BTMRR and 7DMT being her favorites.

Kat has a heck of a memory and never forgets a promise.

I've gotten FPs both times -- but I don't think it's a necessity. Everyone seems to go to Mickey Mouse instead of her, so her line is quite a bit shorter. Problem is though that the line moves very slowly.

Definitely pack your own if you got room -- you'll save quite a bit of money in the long run.

Now if I could only figure out how to keep the mickey bubble maker from clogging up, I'd be golden. The bubbles start to pop on his ears and then it causes the bubbles to just start collecting and becomes a huge mess. I try wiping it down with a towel every few minutes, but that is a huge pain.

jrmint427 likes this.
  11. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

Is that the older or younger daughter? I'm assuming the older one?

Ariel is not at 1900 Park Fare. Just Akershus, CRT and breakfast at Boardwalk place. But then you'd have to fight off Prince Eric.

12. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

did I mention I like hyperbole?

I thought it was actually quite nice so long as the sun was out and there wasn't a lot of wind.

once she got my fleece she was all good. She was still a little tired at this point during the trip. There hadn't been a whole lot of down time.

The video is even better. She started doing the princess wave to no one in particular as we were moving.

sadly, for some people, they aren't able to get FPs for FOP if they are off site or if their trip is only a few days long.

You of all people should have enjoyed that one. I wrote it just for you!

She was definitely happy with her Sven doll.

Watching disney channel in the hotel room at Disney is probably one of her top 5 things to do. She'd be perfectly happy watching it for a couple hours each day.

Trying to make Ariel jealous?

in that pic -- Tink almost looks like she's leaning in for a kiss. Already has her eyes closed.

13. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

Thanks! While it wasn't quite how I wanted to do the Epcot portion of the day, it made for some fun Facebook posts and I got some more steps in. Still shocked she had no desire to ride FEA though. She loves that ride. I guess she just didn't want to get her butt out of the stroller.

14. jrmint427

jrmint427 Mouseketeer

This is going on my bucket list!

If you figure it out, let me know! We had the same problem with our Mickey bubble maker and never had the problem with our Ariel one, so I wasn’t sure what was causing it. This explains it!

15. KimmyD

KimmyD Earning My Ears

Following! You are an excellent writer.

16. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

Thank you so much! I don’t get to do regular writing so much. My day job is more technical in nature, so this gives me a nice outlet to be fun.

17. pkondz

Older one

Nah... she's overdressed in all of those. I'll meet her in her grotto.

:rolleyes1

Wind. The great equalizer.

Hmmm... warm... tired... not much downtime... perfect storm for napping.

Good point.

::yes::

And that's perfectly fine too.

That was my very first (planned) character meet. Until then it was either at dinners for the kids or accidental.
    I told her to look angry or annoyed, I think.

18. poooh

poooh Mouseketeer

Love your writing style. Reading this TR actually has me teary eyed because it reminds me of all the special Disney memories I have with my dad from when I was Kat's age. She probably won't realize it until she's older, but you've given your daughter a priceless gift that will only grow more special to her as time goes on. I would give anything to be Kat's age again and ride HM for the first time with my dad, excited and a little scared but knowing I was safe because my dad was right there. I didn't know at the time that this experience would be so important to me later in life. I applaud you for creating these memories together, for encouraging your daughter to try new things that she may be wary of, and for even learning to braid her hair! Daddy daughter bonding is so incredibly valuable.

amiskell28 and mustinjourney like this.
  19. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

Heads up -- once star wars comes online, I don't think this challenge will be possible anymore...unless on an 18 hour day...which would also mean summer heat and large crowds. So if you're going to try it, do it in the next 11 months.

20. mustinjourney

mustinjourney Registered

Thank you for the kind words...but now you got me teary eyed. :sad:

Good thing I'm working from home today...can't lose my street cred at the office.

poooh and amiskell28 like this.
  21. amiskell28

amiskell28 Can't wait to get back!

@poooh literally said everything I was thinking about this TR. You're a good Daddy!

mustinjourney and poooh like this.