Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

Of course – within what seemed like an eternity….which was probably closer to 1.5 seconds, I realize that she saw a TV nearby and was magically drawn to it like a moth on a light.

Did Kat get a lesson on the importance of never walking away from you unless she asks and let's you know where she'll be? That is some scary stuff - I'm sure every parent has been through that.

(Hey -- check out that sweet braid!!! It's still going strong!)

I did notice that. Bravo!

Any guesses as to what was in store???

Dinner in the castle?

WAAAAAAAY better than last week. Oh my god. With the first week of December being on vacation and then being out sick the next week, December has absolutely flown by. Luckily I kicked *** at work in November and worked several weeks ahead -- otherwise I would be absolutely buried. I really should thank my past self!

Update coming soon!
Good to hear.
That's one think I like about my job. I just walk away at end of shift and no matter how long I'm gone... the work keeps on coming and keeps getting done by whoever else is sitting there. I never have a backlog.

****SIDE NOTE ---- For those of you that don't know - DVC is the Disney Vacation Club -- which is essentially the Disney timeshare. If you go every year or two, it is a great way to save money on your lodging. Downside is that you end up going several times a year and spend way more money than you would have...so yeah -- it really doesn't save a lot of money. :-)

I knew it!!!!!

Essentially, they close out a park on a random night (you won't know until it's too late to book a DVC room)

Well... that kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

We started off in Tomorrowland with a battle royal with Buzz Lightyear. She always gets so mad when I beat her. Sorry -- I can't find the score -- but it was probably 999,999 to like 10,000. I'm a Galactic Superhero by the way!

Never let 'em win. Make 'em earn it.

IMG_5578.PNG

<sigh> Farewell...

:laughing: Love it!

My notes are a little soggy after this

:rolleyes1

we were able to sashay up literally while the show was just starting

atta boy.

I literally walked up as the show was starting and grabbed a spot very close to the Walt/Mouse sculpture. And I had 20 feet of space around me. It. Was. Awesome.

No way! Holy crap!

Following the fireworks, we hopped on the tea cups (kat’s favorite ride) before finally getting some dinner at Cosmic Rays.

And how does Dad feel about it?

If you don’t know, the moonlight magic DVC events give you free QS food,

Really! Huh!

In fact, about two hours earlier, she told me that I should have made her take a nap! Honest to god -- my 5 year old SCOLDED ME! She LITERALLY said, "You should have made me take a nap!"

:lmao:

SPOILER ALERT -- Of course when I reminded her of this a few days later and told her she should take a nap -- she ignored me.

Of course. It's what kids do. It's a rule.

Whoa. And... cool shot.

I’m a pretty big fan of split stays in order to reduce the amount of time spent on buses;

Really! I never heard of someone doing it for that reason. Huh.

I booked Kat on the Pirate Adventure Cruise

Excellent!

Time for another story. Yes, I know. There’s already been like a hundred side stories in this TR. I’m sorry – that’s just how my brain works. Spoiler alert – there’s going to be at least a few more.

Good. I like side stories.

Ok – back to the story within a story. This reminds me of that movie Inception. Have you seen it?

::yes::
Need to watch it again, though.

adults weren’t allowed on the cruise,

Really! I had no idea. Huh.

apparently I was able to overcome all of her stalling – I guess I’m used to living with a house full of females

Uh, oh... you just bought yourself a bevy of comments, I'm betting.

My daughter’s ice breaker with this kid was, no lie, “my dad cut off his finger.”

Well... that's one way to start a convo.

Skip the next part if you are at all squeamish.

Which pretty much guarantees everyone will read on. :laughing:

I was sharpening a knife using a handheld knife sharpener and things didn’t go well.

Ah yes. I remember that.
You brought a knife to a finger fight.

I will be forever missing half of my fingernail on my index finger

Makes picking your nose a whole new experience.

(yes – 2017 was not a great year for me. I almost cut my finger completely off and then after that healed, I managed to break a bone in my OTHER hand that required surgery – so I still had stitches in my hand while on the trip).

:sad2:

Dude. Stay inside... or... don't move!

If that isn't the cutest pirate you've ever seen -- I don't know what else to tell you.

That is the cutest pirate I've ever seen.

By this time, Kat was completely into the whole adventure (likely because I was the parent with the most street cred).

Oh, sure. That's what it is. Yup. Absolutely.

Notice how well that french braid staid intact!!! More dad points for me!

<virtual high five>

While she disembarked, I stood there on the dock…

alone….

watching them sail off into that cold, dark, night.

tenor.gif

There there.
It only gets worse. Not to worry.

Get a hold of yourself man!!! It’s just 2 hours!!!

:laughing:

She was super happy with her booty!

Careful how you say that when she gets older.

Bump and run for the win! (if you don't know what bump and run is -- instead of getting hit with a $10 charge for no show -- you MODIFY your reservation to a date sometime in the future more than 24 hours away (i.e., bump) and then cancel it online since it is now more than 24 hours in the future without any cost).

Or... just cancel it. I'm pretty sure they won't charge if you just call.

Of course – within what seemed like an eternity….which was probably closer to 1.5 seconds, I realize that she saw a TV nearby and was magically drawn to it like a moth on a light.

Yep... kid magnet.

Have I mentioned that I typically handle the logistics, and DW makes sure the kids don’t get abducted???

:rolleyes1

What kind of reward should one get oneself for saving the life of a child? What is adequate compensation for such a Herculean effort?

A dole whip of course!

Of course! Uh... for you or for her?

Only this time, I was going to get it with some rum.

Ah. For her.

Only problem with this genius plan was that meant that I would have to wait until I got to my room to add it. At the time – this sounded like a glorious idea.

Uh, oh...

Let me just say, the rooms at PVB are really nice. As far as studio rooms in DVC, they don’t get much better. Here are a few shots…

Nice room! ::yes::

I've watched that about 4 times now. :lmao:

Nothing eventful happened at the pool – other than Kat banged her head on the dark slide b/c she leaned into one of the pitch-black turns incorrectly.

Oh dear. Was she okay? :(

One thing that got me slightly annoyed was that I had been working with her on Disney "Name that Tune" for about a year at this point in hopes of her taking home some sweet prizes at the pool…but for some reason, the name that tune contest DID NOT HAVE ANY PRIZES!!! I’m not going to lie. I was a little deflated. When we had come the year before, they gave out some nice gift cards and other prizes…so I was pretty stoked about her destroying the hopes and dreams of every other kid out there.

Well... that bites. At least you won, though.
Way to "destroy the hopes and dreams" of the other kids, though.

I could see where this was going! Was it soup by the time you added rum?! I like my ice cream soupy, but I remember how quickly those things were melting while we were there, and it wasn't even that hot. That does sound like a great way to enjoy the dole whip!

I also would have been bummed about no prizes for the competition, especially if you won!

it actually was not a soupy mess by the time I got back to the room...I was pleasantly surprised.

The no prizes at the pool was definitely a low point -- especially considering how much time I've spent coaching her the past year. She's a lean, mean, name-that-tune machine.

Did Kat get a lesson on the importance of never walking away from you unless she asks and let's you know where she'll be? That is some scary stuff - I'm sure every parent has been through that.

actually -- I don't think I did instill that lesson this go around. Honestly, I think I was happy enough that I found her and didn't have to tell my wife that I managed to lose our child on the third day. It was one of those, if you don't tell, I won't tell kind of things.

Dinner in the castle?

So close!

the work keeps on coming and keeps getting done by whoever else is sitting there. I never have a backlog.

there's good and bad I suppose -- good thing is that since I worked so far ahead, the last couple weeks have been more or less coasting. I've probably only worked about 20 hours the last two weeks (that includes being sick for a week).

Never let 'em win. Make 'em earn it.

No doubt. I have no plans to go easy on her with anything. She already smokes me 90% of the time with that damn card matching game. She's legit Rainman when it comes to that game. The only reason I ever beat her is if she messes up towards the end and I can go on a run and get the last 8 or 9 matches.

<sigh> Farewell...

What? You don't like Pirates auctioning off chickens?

No way! Holy crap!

It's amazing how a monsoon during a DVC even results in almost no one being around. I literally spent 40 minutes hanging out in the sunglass hut near the magic carpet ride riding out the storm...and then when it didn't subside, I hung out in the overhang near sleepy hollow....and then the music started so I figured it was time to face the music and stand out in the rain.

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Wait -- was Dickens foreshadowing HEA 200 years ago?

And how does Dad feel about it?

I actually LOVE the tea cups. For two reasons.

I love it as an actual ride.

And more importantly -- it was the second ride Kat ever did at a Disney park. Her first ride was Dumbo at Disneyland (this was purposeful back in 2015 since Dumbo was my first ride when I went to WDW).

While she liked Dumbo a lot -- she absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED the teacups. She and I went on the teacups like 3 times in a row. I have several videos from that day and they are absolutely priceless to me! DW didn't ride since she was pregnant with DD2 at the time -- so it was Kat's and mine first voyage into a daddy/daughter ride.

If you've never done the teacups at disneyland, with the open air it just feels so much better!

Whoa. And... cool shot.

What's crazy is this shot was taken when there was still like 2 hours left. I can only imagine how empty it was at midnight.

Need to watch it again, though.

I actually need to watch it again as well -- I've still only seen it once...in the theater. i'm sure I missed a ton on the first viewing.

Which pretty much guarantees everyone will read on. :laughing:

that is the point of these, right?
Makes picking your nose a whole new experience.

it is a different experience -- I'm not going to lie.

Dude. Stay inside... or... don't move!

i'm glad to announce that 2018 (at least through 12/20) has been injury free! At least no surgeries have been required. Sinus infections are a different story.

<virtual high five>

tenor.gif

There there.
It only gets worse. Not to worry.

DON'T TELL ME THAT!!! I was really hoping the teenage years were going to be easier than changing diapers.

Careful how you say that when she gets older.

Just wait until the last day of this report -- SPOILER ALERT -- let's just say that I will state, in the words of Chris Rock, "I have failed as a father."

Or... just cancel it. I'm pretty sure they won't charge if you just call.

You can't cancel via the app -- you can "no show" -- but you run the risk of getting charged.

Uh, oh...

yeah -- when I bought the dole whip, I completely underestimated how long of a walk it is from the lobby to the DVC building. It's actually quite a long way -- especially in 80+ degree weather while holding a dole whip.

Oh dear. Was she okay? :(

She was still alive...so I did my job.

I did place her into the concussion protocol for an hour -- which meant that she had to hang out with me in the hot tub for 30 mins and not run around at all...and then when we got to the room I asked her if her head was spinning.

She cleared both tests.

there's good and bad I suppose -- good thing is that since I worked so far ahead, the last couple weeks have been more or less coasting. I've probably only worked about 20 hours the last two weeks (that includes being sick for a week).

Not bad!

She already smokes me 90% of the time with that damn card matching game.

What? You don't like Pirates auctioning off chickens?

I do not. :snooty:

I actually LOVE the tea cups. For two reasons.

Well... good, then.

And more importantly -- it was the second ride Kat ever did at a Disney park. Her first ride was Dumbo at Disneyland (this was purposeful back in 2015 since Dumbo was my first ride when I went to WDW).

And that is an extremely good reason. ::yes::

I have several videos from that day and they are absolutely priceless to me!

I bet! :goodvibes

If you've never done the teacups at disneyland, with the open air it just feels so much better!

I have done so. And have my own precious memory from it.

I actually need to watch it again as well -- I've still only seen it once...

ditto... and...

i'm sure I missed a ton on the first viewing.

… ditto.

that is the point of these, right?

i'm glad to announce that 2018 (at least through 12/20) has been injury free!

Great. Now you've gone and jinxed it.

DON'T TELL ME THAT!!! I was really hoping the teenage years were going to be easier than changing diapers.

:lmao: Oh, man. You have no idea.

"easier"

:rotfl:

Just wait until the last day of this report -- SPOILER ALERT -- let's just say that I will state, in the words of Chris Rock, "I have failed as a father."

Uh oh...

You can't cancel via the app -- you can "no show" -- but you run the risk of getting charged.

Oh, yeah. Not by the app. But by phone... I think if you just call, they don't necessarily charge.

She was still alive...so I did my job.

Day 3 -- Chapter 7

In case you forgot, today was day 3 of our four night/five day trip! The glass is still half full!!!

Quick recap -- The morning consisted of a pirate adventure, checking out of BCV and checking into PVB where the SWAT team was almost summoned, followed by some fun pool time!

After getting showered and changed, it was time for................

DADDY DAUGHTER DATE NIGHT!!!

Good thing I started getting ready way ahead of time, because it probably took about 15 minutes to blow dry her hair.

IMG_5629.JPG

And then another 10 minutes braiding it. I must say that I’m pretty impressed with my handiwork.

IMG_5630.JPG

So the first stop on our date night was some arcade games. Out of the monorail resorts, the contemporary by far has the best arcades. (UPDATE -- the arcade at the contemporary is no more -- it has been swallowed by the Pixar Kid thing).

IMG_5639.MOV

IMG_5636.JPG
IMG_5637.JPG

Kathryn did pretty well, and her favorite was Galaga.

We followed the arcades up with a nice appetizer and drinks at Top of the World Lounge (this is a DVC lounge for members and their guests).

IMG_5644.JPG

It is a really great spot. It has the same exact view of the Magic Kingdom that Cali Grill has – but no reservations are required…and at 6:30 pm, there aren’t a whole lot of people up there, so it’s a great spot to relax and hang for a bit.

We each grabbed a drink. I have no idea what she got, but she definitely did not like it. Since it was orange juice flavored, I decided to make the best of a situation and ordered a shot of Titos and salvaged the drink!
IMG_5643.JPG

While I would have loved to have stayed here for fireworks, we actually had an appointment to make with her (2nd) favorite princess, so we headed down the elevator and jumped on the monorail (after grabbing a quick nap).
IMG_5647.MOV

Next stop – The Grand Floridian!

Let me just say that I absolutely love this place. As I mentioned earlier, this is where our DVC points are at – so naturally, it just feels like home every time I step into the lobby. When we came in this time, the jazz band was playing and Kat and another girl started running around and dancing. It was absolutely the cutest thing ever. It’s still one of my favorite videos to watch from any of our vacations.
IMG_5653.MOV
IMG_5652.MOV

If you hadn’t figured it out already, our dinner date was with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. While we had already been here in January 2016, I thought it would be fun to do it again two years later…especially since I was sure that Kat likely didn’t remember much of it from the first time. As always, the food was pretty good and the character interactions were phenomenal. The step sisters are so great!

IMG_5677.PNG
IMG_5678.PNG

IMG_5657.JPG

I forgot to take pictures of the food – so you’ll just have to make due with our dessert plates!

IMG_5675.PNG
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5672.JPG

After telling the sisters they should really be nicer to Cindy, it was time for us to head back to the hotel and get some sleep. Day four was going to be action packed, so we needed to get some rest! Rather than take the monorail around, we decided to enjoy the nice weather and make the walk from GF to Poly. I actually timed this perfectly so that we could watch the fireworks from one of the beaches. (I told you I was a 5 star general in the planning department). While there wasn’t any sound being played, I was able to get our own personalized music by lining up the fireworks with a youtube showing of HEA.

Next up – ALL FOUR PARKS IN ONE DAY!!!

Or at least, that was the plan…stay tuned to see if we make it!!!

Click here to jump ahead

Last edited:
And then another 10 minutes braiding it. I must say that I’m pretty impressed with my handiwork.

She looks adorable!!

I have no idea what she got, but she definitely did not like it. Since it was orange juice flavored, I decided to make the best of a situation and ordered a shot of Titos and salvaged the drink!

Glad to hear it didn’t go to waste!

As always, the food was pretty good and the character interactions were phenomenal.

Is it always the same 4 characters? We are considering trying 1900 Park Fare on our next trip.

Next up – ALL FOUR PARKS IN ONE DAY!!!

Can’t wait to read about it!

Good thing I started getting ready way ahead of time, because it probably took about 15 minutes to blow dry her hair.

I bet you have a new appreciation of all of the details your wife handles.

Another job well done. She looks adorable and it sounds like you had a great evening.

She looks adorable!!

:thanks:

Glad to hear it didn’t go to waste!

If I can turn it into an adult drink, I will do so. Also -- I will not waste $5....so the vodka shot was inevitable.

Is it always the same 4 characters? We are considering trying 1900 Park Fare on our next trip.

Dinner is 5 characters. Cindy, Charming, step sisters and step mom. Always the same as far as I know. Breakfast is Tigger, mad hatter, alice and possibly Mary Poppins if my memory is correct. I'll have to check some photos. But to answer your question -- the characters do not change much, if at all.

Can’t wait to read about it!

there might be a christmas edition!

I bet you have a new appreciation of all of the details your wife handles.

I definitely appreciated the hard work -- but being on the front lines does take a different skill set. I will say, our previous two trips with the kids were with the grand parents, so my wife didn't have to deal with all of the hair stuff either. The grand mothers were both early risers and were both really good with doing whatever hairstyles needed to be done.

Another job well done. She looks adorable and it sounds like you had a great evening.

:thanks: This might have been my favorite evening of the trip. The DVC night was fun -- but she was pretty exhausted (at it was pouring down rain)....and (spoiler alert) the following day she'll be a little exhausted, so our dinner wasn't quite as fun...but it was still awesome. This night was a solid 9.5...so the next night would have had to have been crazy sweet to go over the top!

In case anyone is wondering -- we're about 20 pages into the report so far...with about 6.5 pages to go -- so we are coming down the homestretch!

Awwww... love that shot.

I am too! <applause>

Out of the monorail resorts, the contemporary by far has the best arcades. (UPDATE -- the arcade at the contemporary is no more -- it has been swallowed by the Pixar Kid thing).

Kathryn did pretty well, and her favorite was Galaga.

Mine too! I played it and Kay was shocked by how good I was at it. (Many quarters were swallowed, back in the day.)

It is a really great spot. It has the same exact view of the Magic Kingdom that Cali Grill has – but no reservations are required…and at 6:30 pm, there aren’t a whole lot of people up there, so it’s a great spot to relax and hang for a bit.

Nice.

We each grabbed a drink. I have no idea what she got, but she definitely did not like it.

Next time tell her not to order a dry martini.

When we came in this time, the jazz band was playing and Kat and another girl started running around and dancing. It was absolutely the cutest thing ever. It’s still one of my favorite videos to watch from any of our vacations.

Aww. :)

As always, the food was pretty good and the character interactions were phenomenal. The step sisters are so great!

I've heard such good things about them. I'm not into character dining. I don't want to be bugged, but... I probably wouldn't mind too much if it was them. :laughing:

I've heard such good things about them. I'm not into character dining. I don't want to be bugged, but... I probably wouldn't mind too much if it was them. :laughing:

Aren't you doing another trip with one of your daughters? If so, you should definitely consider it.

One thing I forgot to mention was that the step sisters kept trying to steal Kat's mickey mouse bracelet. Anastasia actually put it on and started to walk away. :rotfl:

Day 4 - Chapter 8

In case you forgot where we left off, we just had a nice date night of arcades, drinks, dancing, dinner and fireworks. When people ask me why I love Disney so much, it’s times like those. You just can’t do that kind of stuff anywhere else, and while Kat might still be too young to remember it, it is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Ok – enough sentimental stuff – back to day four!

Today was another bright and early day. We had a PPO breakfast at BOG and IT.WAS.COLD! At least for Orlando. Kat was all bundled up and despite all that, I still had to donate my fleece to keep her warm.
Luckily I’m self insulated.

Here’s a quick pic on the monorail.
IMG_5679.JPG

And another in front of the castle.
IMG_5681.JPG

We got into BOG pretty early and were able to grab one of the good spots in the West wing. I absolutely love this room. It was Kat’s first time in this section, so she was really impressed with all of the theatrics.

IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5685.JPG

After breakfast, the plan was to hit up ALL FOUR PARKS IN ONE DAY! I knew it was going to be a long shot after all we had done the past few days, but she was adamant that she wanted to try it.

Some back story -- the original plan called for a nice leisurely half day at magic kingdom, followed by pool time, and then dinner at Cindy’s Castle. However, about a month before the trip, Kat told me that she wanted to ride the Dinosaur ride and the elevator ride (tower of terror) as well. I then asked her if she wanted to try and do all of the parks in one day, and she got super excited to try it. I think part of the reason she was wanting to do it was because I’ve successfully completed the all rides in one day challenge (yes – I did 46 rides in all four parks in one day).

381de92636c131dc884f54db285c749a.jpg

So after breakfast, we hit up the carousel

IMG_5697.MOV

and then hopped in line for 7DMT prior to park opening.

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

We had one of the first 7DMT rides that morning, but then had to bounce over to DAK in order to make our first fastpass of the day. Check out the line to get in!!!
IMG_5706.PNG

I’m not joking when I say we cut it close, because our FP for NRJ were from 9am to 10 am, and we scanned in right at 10:14 am (you get a 15 min grace period).

IMG_5712.JPG

From there, we headed out of Pandora on our way to Africa. Check out this line for FOP!!! This is the trail leading to Africa from Pandora -- it stretched REALLLLLLLLLLY far.
IMG_5715.MOV

In Africa, we watched the Festival of the Lion King – which is probably my favorite show in the whole park. It’s so well done. And even better, the CM asked us if we wanted to sit in one of the front rows!!! YES PLEASE!

BackZestyIcefish-small.gif

By this point, it was about 11:30 and we had a FP for Mickey/Minnie outpost; however, Kat had already passed out in the stroller on the walk over from FOTLK. Rather than poke the bear, I figured it was time to head out…but not before I grabbed a picture in front of the tree!

IMG_5723.JPG

Kat slept the whole time we were waiting for a bus…and she slept a good chunk of the bus ride to DHS. She definitely had hit the Disney wall at this point.

IMG_5724.JPG

As we were rolling into DHS, it was about 12:30 and at this point, I knew things were about to get rough. Kat was practically passed out and was begging to just stay on the bus so we could go to our hotel room. I informed her that the bus did not go to our hotel room, so we would have to get out and get on another bus. Needless to say, she was not too thrilled about that.

NegligibleJovialArabianhorse-small.gif

So I then told her…”hey, just get in the stroller, and I’ll wheel you around until we get back to the hotel.”

Yes, that’s right! I wasn’t going to let a sleeping child deter me from hitting up all four parks in one day. So after debarking the bus and loading her into the stroller, I confidently strolled (see what I did there?)...
giphy.gif

...into DHS and got a quick Photopass picture of us in front of the Chinese Theater and immediately reversed course and made the one mile trek to the International Gateway. HEY -- IT COUNTS!
IMG_5778.JPG
IMG_5781.JPG

Unfortunately I missed the turn for the walkway with all of the construction and ended up having to go off-roading and, literally cut through a portion of the woods. Luckily, Kat was a good sport about it.

As we were on our way to Epcot, I was able to snag a couple FPs for Frozen…presuming that she’d wake up at some point and might want to ride it.
381de92636c131dc884f54db285c749a.jpg

The only problem was that the FPs weren’t for another hour or so. With her fast asleep, I figured that I would use this opportunity to take pictures of Kat sleeping around the world.

giphy.gif

Wait – that doesn’t sound good.

NAPPING around the world. There. That sounds much better!

Here she is NAPPING at the various countries.

27460061_10155325073805488_5987612842897708604_n.jpg

27540370_10155325073990488_5719153248794295791_n.jpg

27459609_10155325074010488_1651300670180328929_n.jpg
27540291_10155325074140488_1170890103644365164_n.jpg

27072794_10155325074480488_5988094815942765049_n.jpg

27073136_10155325074485488_7472561082977786488_n.jpg

27332495_10155325074630488_8011783148199786996_n.jpg

IMG_5776.JPG

27540721_10155325074620488_7410531067910701850_n.jpg

She regained her mental faculties somewhere around China – and she instantly remembered that I promised her the Sven doll if she behaved. Naturally I told her no!

Who are we kidding???

I totally bought it for her.

In all seriousness, she had been pretty well behaved, and I had promised her that I would get her the doll if she was good – so I wasn’t a COMPLETE pushover. I mean -- how can you say no to that face???

27540687_10155325075190488_5371385488219377127_n.jpg

Oddly enough though – she had no interest in going on the frozen ride

giphy.gif

(it’s not like that was a hard FP to get or anything – I only had to refresh every 5 seconds for half a mile), so we made our way to the front of the park to hit up the monorail.

Of course, before leaving, we had to take a few more pictures to commemorate our day of going into all four parks!

27544776_10155325074830488_7685747884105883731_n.jpg

27067667_10155325074910488_8073681541196571312_n.jpg

IMG_5769.JPG

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Last edited:
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

By this point, is was about 2:00 pm. I knew it was imperative to at least have a couple hours of down time before this evening’s festivities, so we boarded the monorail and made the short walk to our hotel room from the TTC. We arrived at the room by about 2:20 pm.

After learning from my previous mistakes, I insisted she get in bed and at least try to get some more rest. Naturally, she did exactly what I asked her and slept for two hours. Can you believe it?

giphy.gif

Who are we kidding?

That definitely did NOT happen.

Yes. I did insist she get in bed and take a nap. But she was too wound up to nap (in her defense -- she did nap for over an hour in the stroller), so we hung out in the room and watched random Disney TV shows for a few hours.

I can only do so much.

giphy.gif

While we were hanging out in the room, I was able to snag a meet and greet with Tink just before dinner. More pixie dust for us…somewhat literally?

So after a few hours of down time, it was time to get changed and ready for dinner! Since the DVC building at Poly is so close to the TTC, we walked over there and caught the express monorail to the park!

IMG_5796.MOV

If you haven’t done the Tink meet and greet before – I would definitely recommend it. Tink was full of personality and the room is really cool. As always, Kat was a little timid around a celebrity, but it was still a lot of fun!

IMG_5824.JPG

Following our quick stop, we paraded down Main Street with a flow of bubbles in our wake. I know some people find these annoying, but, at least on this particular occasion, we had kids everywhere jumping up and down trying to pop them. These things might be the best $20 you can spend at Disney. Especially if you pack your own bubble juice for refills.
IMG_5831.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter