D23

ashliejere

Mouseketeer
Do any of you know much about this magazine yet? I would love to eventually work as part of the staff. I wasn't sure if was one of those that you could do when your a full time employee or if it is separate from WDW. I looked at their web page (www.disney.com/d23) but it was just about subscribing..that didn't have a job section. I thought maybe you guys may have heard about something before the public did (this was on the view today) and may have some insight.

D23 is a publication of The Walt Disney Archives and Disney Corporate Communications, both of which are headquartered at the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company in Burbank, Calif..

Basically, beyond the content of the articles, the publication team of the magazine is completely seperate from WDW, as well as Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.

Getting an assignment like publishing this magazine requires a bit of luck and certainly a long term of service with the company.

While Corporate Communications hires through the normal internal and external routes, The Walt Disney Archives has extremely limited openings. In addition, Dave Smith, head of the archives, has a stated policy against hiring Disney Fans (there's too much of a temptation to "collect" stuff).

I saw the magazine a couple of days before it was released to the public. I instantly subscribed. It had a lot of great stories and perks and is totally worth the money in my opinion. Seems like a pretty awesome thing to work for, good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter