D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

I don't think they will have an event in 2022 and 2023. Since the Expo is where they announce major projects, I don't see how they can have that many projects to announce to hold events in back to back years especially in the financial situation they're in now.

Most likely, it'll be 2022, then 2024. If it's in 2024, they could preview Disneyland's 70th anniversary.

I do see a scenario where they go 2022, then 2025...again because of the current financial situation and with projects getting postponed.
I think what’s going to happen now is Expo will stay in the even years and Destination D will go to the odd years.

Sad to see it postponed, but I will be going. Just talking about the September dates with a friend and we do think it's to help control crowds -- but since I don't have kids, the dates are fine by me!

Sadly, D23 years are the years when I get a Disneyland AP, so I guess I'll be waiting a little longer this time.

I was still hoping for late 2021, but with the start of 2021 nearing, I am not surprised. The September 2022 dates might actual work better for me to work out going for more than just the days of the Expo though. I was playing with doing some overlay designs for my sister's EVC if she decides to go with me again in 2022, so that gives me more time to figure out how to make some of them happen.

Really wish that I could attend a D23 Expo. However its a stretch for me as I live on the east coast. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe the 2021 expo would be held at Walt Disney World because of the 50th anniversary.
Hey, let us West Coasters have one thing :).

Hey, let us West Coasters have one thing :).

We get Destination D, which is really awesome. I liked the camaraderie and excitement of the Expo, but Destination D satisfied my first love, knowledge of all things Disney, especially history. Plus, no sleeping on concrete ;)

Start saving money and working on your stamina now! ;)

Sound advice, but I still have to learn how to nap when surrounded by unknown people while sitting on hard floors. I may have to try for Sorcerer passes next time and hope I get lucky. I know I would still have some early mornings and longish waits, but maybe not quite as early or long.

ok, so as somone who has never been, tell me more: ticket acquisition, coast, these mentions of waits on cement...I know nothing! lol Enlighten me.

ok, so as somone who has never been, tell me more: ticket acquisition, coast, these mentions of waits on cement...I know nothing! lol Enlighten me.
Tickets go on sale usually a year out. The 1 and 3 day tickets don’t go quickly. The vip sorcerer’s package sells out in seconds and usually like 10-15 times more expensive than a 3 day ticket. For the other stuff you may want to go back and read the 2019 threads for reports in there about what the expo is like.

Tickets go on sale usually a year out. The 1 and 3 day tickets don’t go quickly. The vip sorcerer’s package sells out in seconds and usually like 10-15 times more expensive than a 3 day ticket. For the other stuff you may want to go back and read the 2019 threads for reports in there about what the expo is like.

Thank you ! I am a D23 member, assuming thats where the VIP packages go on sale? Seconds, huh...man. well, maybe?

Sorcerers Pass = $3000 PER person. gone in seconds. 0 for 3. just to kick and giggles trying. For a person who has the funds and time constraints; it's great value. For those just wanting to experience the Con in all of it's glory -- totally not worth it.

Half the fun of these Expos is meeting others and the line waits themselves. cruelty of the downstairs concrete is another matter, especially when they banned simple stool chairs for many goers. cushions worked okay, but my body isn't 20 anymore :)

Sorcerers Pass = $3000 PER person. gone in seconds. 0 for 3. just to kick and giggles trying. For a person who has the funds and time constraints; it's great value. For those just wanting to experience the Con in all of it's glory -- totally not worth it.

Half the fun of these Expos is meeting others and the line waits themselves. cruelty of the downstairs concrete is another matter, especially when they banned simple stool chairs for many goers. cushions worked okay, but my body isn't 20 anymore :)
I lucked out with the new stage pass online set up for 2019, so I only have to show up a couple of hours before in the mornings.

If my sister wants to go with me again, the Sorcerer passes would be very helpful and probably well worth the money. We managed fine in 2019 considering it was our first expo, but my sister’s medical needs have gotten more complicated in 2020.

During the 2019 expo, we mainly just had to deal with her mobility disability and anxiety. Any trips now will have to include planning around her oxygen concentrator batteries and the 5 water pills a day she takes.

Hopefully by 2022 we will have travel down pat again with the new equipment we have to travel with.

Finally an announcement far enough in advance that I don't already have plans (and what I did have covid ruined)! I haven't been brave enough to plan anything concrete for 2021 never-mind 2022... I'm all in! :rotfl2:

I was also hoping to just get the sorcerers pass but if its gone in seconds I won't hold my breath. If I miss it my husband will get dragged with me for the line company.

So, just over a year out. If I remember right, 2019 tickets went on sell for D23 members 1 year out. I wonder if any announcements will happen this week or if for 2022 will be shorter lead time for ticket sells starting.

So, just over a year out. If I remember right, 2019 tickets went on sell for D23 members 1 year out. I wonder if any announcements will happen this week or if for 2022 will be shorter lead time for ticket sells starting.
Probably a lot shorter lead time this year. I think they need to see more of the lay of the land covid-wise. Things change quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!