D23 Expo DIS Meet - All DISers welcome - 08/08 5pm - Outside Hearthstone Lounge

When should we hold a DIS meet during the D23 Expo?

• Thursday evening somewhere at the DLR

• Thursday evening at one of the Convention Center hotels

• Friday morning AT the Expo

• Friday noon AT the Expo

• Other-please comment

• I don't want to meet DISers...they scare me

• Anywhere, anytime, and I will be there

• Meet on Thursday, then again on Sat or Sun

Results are only viewable after voting.

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast team is putting together a DIS meet before or during the D23 Expo next month.

After much discussion, the best option seems to be Thursday, August 8th at 5pm at the fireplace just outside the Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian.

Hope to see you all there.

Event on Facebook

Hi Tom - we'll be at the Hilton, so wherever you choose. :)

Great idea Tom. I know a lot of the podcast listeners would love an opportunity to meet the cast as well as other listeners. Sadly, Val & I will not be out there for D23.

Great idea Tom. I know a lot of the podcast listeners would love an opportunity to meet the cast as well as other listeners. Sadly, Val & I will not be out there for D23.

Thanks Jeff (it was Michael's idea. :thumbsup2)

By the way folks, this meet is for ALL DISers. You don't have to be a listener of the podcast...just a fan of the DIS or disboards. :cool1:

We don't arrive until Sat......only doing the convention on Sunday. Haven't done one before and just want to check it out.

Thanks Jeff (it was Michael's idea. :thumbsup2)

By the way folks, this meet is for ALL DISers. You don't have to be a listener of the podcast...just a fan of the DIS or disboards. :cool1:

Thank you for posting this! I was thinking I might join you all, but then I realized I've never even listened to a podcast, and thought it may be just for that group. Glad to know we are all welcome! I'm only going in the first day.

I've never been to a Dis Meet but would love to finally go to one.

My husband and I will be in Anaheim for the expo as well as a few days before and after.

Whenever it is, you can count on the two of us! :)

We don't arrive until Sat......only doing the convention on Sunday. Haven't done one before and just want to check it out.

I'll be around all 3 days. If you bump into me, please say hello.

Thank you for posting this! I was thinking I might join you all, but then I realized I've never even listened to a podcast, and thought it may be just for that group. Glad to know we are all welcome! I'm only going in the first day.

Lots of good stuff on the first day.

I've never been to a Dis Meet but would love to finally go to one.

My husband and I will be in Anaheim for the expo as well as a few days before and after.

Whenever it is, you can count on the two of us! :)

See you there!

I also will be at the D23 Expo from Thursday through Sunday along with my wife, Carol (Disney Enabler). Please be sure to say hello! Perhaps we can pass the time together chatting in the inevitable long lines.

My plans aren't set in stone yet, but looking at Fri - Sun. I would definitely be up for a M&G!

Bumping for those of you going to D23 ... let's get a meet going! :teeth:

How about a meet on Thursday evening to get to know each other before the D23 Expo, and then another one on Saturday or Sunday to catch up, compare notes, make new friends, etc?

How about a meet on Thursday evening to get to know each other before the D23 Expo, and then another one on Saturday or Sunday to catch up, compare notes, make new friends, etc?

That sounds good to me and my hubby! We can't wait for our first DIS meet!

That darn Mary Jo! Always suggesting things you haven't given as an option. I'd NEVER do that!!!

Okay - Even I can't keep a straight face at that statement!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously, we'd love to meet everyone! I'm only going to be able to attend one day, but I can try to get down for a meet before the event.

That isn't in the poll. :rotfl2:

That darn Mary Jo! Always suggesting things you haven't given as an option. I'd NEVER do that!!!

Okay - Even I can't keep a straight face at that statement!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously, we'd love to meet everyone! I'm only going to be able to attend one day, but I can try to get down for a meet before the event.

Of course, it's in the poll. :thumbsup2

I'm down for a Thursday meet. :) I think this is a great opportunity for us DISers to get together. Thanks for planning this, Tom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!