D23 Expo DIS Meet - All DISers welcome - 08/08 5pm - Outside Hearthstone Lounge

When should we hold a DIS meet during the D23 Expo?

• Thursday evening somewhere at the DLR

• Thursday evening at one of the Convention Center hotels

• Friday morning AT the Expo

• Friday noon AT the Expo

• Other-please comment

• I don't want to meet DISers...they scare me

• Anywhere, anytime, and I will be there

• Meet on Thursday, then again on Sat or Sun

Results are only viewable after voting.
Although I probably will not be able to meet Thursday night, I think a Thursday night meet is a great idea.

Looking forward to my first D23 Expo! Coming in from Ohio for four days. Thursday sounds good to me, then maybe again on another day too.:smickey:

Looking forward to my first D23 Expo! Coming in from Ohio for four days. Thursday sounds good to me, then maybe again on another day too.:smickey:

Hi Andrew! You have a lot to look forward to at the Expo! For information on the Expo, including how to plan your time whilst at the Expo, be sure to listen to the July 11 edition of The DIS Unplugged Podcast: Disneyland Edition. Tom and I talk with Jeffrey Epstein of D23 about the Expo with suggestions for planning out your time.

I hope to see you at the Expo. Please be sure to say hello. BTW, I have spent a lot of time in Ohio as I have many relatives living there.

July 11 Podcast Info and Links

My son says I have to go to the Disney Interactive presentation for the free Disney Infinity figure.

Has everyone started their spreadsheet?? :)

Looks like Thursday is the favorite....just need to decide where. :surfweb:

Thursday is great so we can get to know each other and perhaps see each other throughout the Expo! Now the question becomes do we want to meet inside or outside of the parks?

I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thursday is great so we can get to know each other and perhaps see each other throughout the Expo! Now the question becomes do we want to meet inside or outside of the parks?

I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

I will be there Thursday through Saturday. Thursday night at trader SAMs sounds great!

My son says I have to go to the Disney Interactive presentation for the free Disney Infinity figure.

Has everyone started their spreadsheet?? :)

Spreadsheet? This is my first expo...care to share the need for the spreadsheet? I may be a bit out of my league with this event :laughing:

There's still time to share your opinion.

While it looks like Thursday evening would be the best....we need to decide where to have our DIS meet.

Thoughts?

Trader Sams was suggested. I would go with Trader Sams unless someone else would like to recommend a different spot. I would hope that any DISer could meet up. I'm not going to the Expo, and I'm going to the meet. :)

Trader Sams was suggested. I would go with Trader Sams unless someone else would like to recommend a different spot. I would hope that any DISer could meet up. I'm not going to the Expo, and I'm going to the meet. :)

As much as I love Trader Sam's, I'm afraid it may be buried in meets from social media sites, bloggers and podcasters that evening.

How about the Hearthstone Lounge or even the outdoor fireplace area next to the Hearthstone Lounge?

Any other ideas?

That is really a nice idea. That way people can get snacks or something to drink. I like the idea of the outdoor fireplace area.

Some options:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Hearthstone Lounge - inside or out by fireplace
- White Water Snacks - outside
- Disneyland Hotel
- Trader Sams area
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Lounge area

Inside the parks:
- Disneyland Riverbell Terrace or Stagecoach Cafe
- Habor house area in front of the Haunted Mansion, along Rivers of America
- California Adventure - Pacific Wharf area
- Paradise Pier area where they have the Italian and Greek food

- Hilton lobby area
- Marriott lobby area

I voted for Thursday at DLR with one caveat... We (me & my buddy Kirk) have 3 nights in the parks and want to see all 3 night-time shows - so not so late as to interfere with that! (Most likely Thursday will be either Fantasmic! or the fireworks)

Looking forward to meeting folks there!

We're leaning toward meeting at the Hearthstone Lounge fireplace on Thursday at 5pm.

How would that work for everyone?

I will be there, even though I won't be attending the D23 expo! :thumbsup2

Tom - the Hearthstone lounge at 5PM on Thursday works for me. One stupid question - where is the Hearthstone lounge (and no, I'm not kidding... :rolleyes2)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter