D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried booking for Disney hotels and for our length of stay it is all showing waitlisted. A phone CM said that is because it is the expo block but we could call first week of August to book form the non-expo rooms. So we kept our convention hotel reservation and will try back again. Looking at Paradise Pier as Disneyland is twice the price of what we booked for the convention room.

I don't know why I didn't think of the Expo Housing for the Resort properties...I think because I usually like a view and that isn't an option. I accidentally had two rooms at two hotels booked through them (so that's 3 rooms, if you are keeping count :rotfl:) because of a site error on their end. I had the same issue with the Paradise Pier (wait list) and switched to the Disneyland Hotel.

If you have an issue, the customer service with the Expo Housing is excellent. :thumbsup2

I don't know why I didn't think of the Expo Housing for the Resort properties...I think because I usually like a view and that isn't an option. I accidentally had two rooms at two hotels booked through them (so that's 3 rooms, if you are keeping count :rotfl:) because of a site error on their end. I had the same issue with the Paradise Pier (wait list) and switched to the Disneyland Hotel.

If you have an issue, the customer service with the Expo Housing is excellent. :thumbsup2

No issue everything just keeps saying waitlisted for the Disney properties so we will stay where we are unless we can get guaranteed Monday to Monday room at PP or DL hotel.

No issue everything just keeps saying waitlisted for the Disney properties so we will stay where we are unless we can get guaranteed Monday to Monday room at PP or DL hotel.

Oh, I meant that generally not specifically with your reservation. :stitch2: They were super-helpful with sorting out my booking error.

But I hope that you hear from them soon. Fingers crossed!

I've been playing with hotel possibilities - originally I made a reservation at the Hilton at the Convention Center, because I couldn't make a reservation for any of the Disney hotels at that point. Then I realized I could make a 2017 reservation for the Disney properties through the Expo, so I did that. I ended up canceling the Hilton reservation...and I realized that the Hilton rates have sky-rocketed.

Just a head's up for anyone that was considering it and hasn't made a reservation yet - yesterday the same room I canceled was $1019 a night. It's dropped to $879 today, but that still horribly outrageous.

Holy cow! I hope that price drops, because that's insane. When I booked last week it was $229.

Holy cow! I hope that price drops, because that's insane. When I booked last week it was $229.

I booked last week and got a 2 queen bed studio with the AAA family fun rate that gives you breakfast, for $284 a night. That kind of increase is ridiculous. I did also do a booking through the expo for Paradise Pier for $299 a night. When I put in the reservation the nights were wait listed. I called the expo number though and was told that that just meant that they were firming up the booking dates with the hotels and they expected it to be fine. This morning I got notification from the expo housing that all my Paradise Pier nights that had been wait listed are now booked. I'm not sure what to do now. My booking at the Hilton is just for the days of the convention, but the Paradise Pier reservation is for several days before the convention too for us to spend at DL. If I keep the Hilton booking, then I need a separate booking for the DL days. But then I was thinking of booking Candy Cane Inn for the DL and convention days, figuring it may be easier to be in between the two, but I'm not sure when Candy Cane Inn will open their booking. What to do....

@ashley0139 and @lauritagoddess
I just keep repeating to myself that it is just a Hilton. Sure, the location is convenient, but it's a Hilton. Ha!

The hotel conundrum is a hard one to sort out, for sure. I like the walk from the resort myself, I figure it gives me a chance to stretch my legs before sitting for a LONG time. Plus we like the food choices at Downtown Disney over the Hilton food court.

I don't remember hotels being such an issue before...or maybe I was just oblivious. :rotfl:

@ashley0139 and @lauritagoddess
I just keep repeating to myself that it is just a Hilton. Sure, the location is convenient, but it's a Hilton. Ha!

The hotel conundrum is a hard one to sort out, for sure. I like the walk from the resort myself, I figure it gives me a chance to stretch my legs before sitting for a LONG time. Plus we like the food choices at Downtown Disney over the Hilton food court.

I don't remember hotels being such an issue before...or maybe I was just oblivious. :rotfl:

Yeah, I'm not even sure if we'll keep the Hilton, but at least we have it. We might end up staying further away for cheaper. It really is so convenient though. I wouldn't pay more that $250 though.

I just booked a last minute trip, and took advantage of a nice rate at the Hilton ($130/night). We usually stay at GCH, but it is fully booked (and rack rate is $$$$). This will give us a chance to try various options to move between the Hilton and the parks, similar to staying at GCH and going to the Expo.

I like the idea of staying next to the Expo, but love GCH.
I wonder how often would we go back to the room anyway?

Last edited:
I just booked a last minute trip, and took advantage of a nice rate at the Hilton ($130/night). We usually stay at GCH, but it is fully booked (and rack rate is $$$$). This will give us a chance to try various options to move between the Hilton and the parks, similar to staying at GCH and going to the Expo.

I like the idea of staying next to the Expo, but love GCH.
I wonder how often would we go back to the room anyway?

Well, we've never gone back to the room in the 2 Expos we've attended while staying in Anaheim. I could see the value if you think you are going to make a lot of purchases and want to drop stuff off, but...most of the time you are deeply ensconced in the Convention Center. I think the farthest have ventured is for coffee at Starbucks (at both the Hilton and the Marriott).

The walk back to GCH last year was not that far away. It was brutally hot in August though so I took like a $5 cab (8 by the time tip was done).

Last August we had a horrific heatwave. I was just remembering: August 2015 was a heatwave and stifling, August 2011 was unseasonably cool (closer to May/June weather, overcast) and August 2013 must have been normal.
I have no idea what to expect next July, right now we're suffering another humid-ish heatwave.

Last edited:
There was a comment earlier in the thread about being in line overnight for something. Just wondering what that was for?

There was a comment earlier in the thread about being in line overnight for something. Just wondering what that was for?

In 2015, people could line up for the main hall panels and the show floor overnight. The lines were in different places. Many people camped out of the main hall panels to make sure they were able to get in.

In 2015, people could line up for the main hall panels and the show floor overnight. The lines were in different places. Many people camped out of the main hall panels to make sure they were able to get in.

Thanks so much!!!

Does anybody here remember how far in advance they mail credentials? I last attended the Expo in 2013 and don't remember.

In 2013 I got in line for the movie panel at 4am for i think what was a 9a.m. Panel and barely made it into the room.

Does anybody here remember how far in advance they mail credentials? I last attended the Expo in 2013 and don't remember.

They started maiiing credentials in early July for August 2015, so speculation online is that they will start to be mailed in early June this year. I believe Cast Members get theirs first, so if you start watching Facebook groups and/or other social media you can usually get a heads up before they go out to the public.

Having said that, it may change. Inconsistent at best? Ha!

I saw last week that the Hilton's rates fell, now they are close to the rate I got for the Disneyland Hotel. Anything is better than $1000+ a night.

They started maiiing credentials in early July for August 2015, so speculation online is that they will start to be mailed in early June this year. I believe Cast Members get theirs first, so if you start watching Facebook groups and/or other social media you can usually get a heads up before they go out to the public.

Having said that, it may change. Inconsistent at best? Ha!

I saw last week that the Hilton's rates fell, now they are close to the rate I got for the Disneyland Hotel. Anything is better than $1000+ a night.

We moved to Disneyland through the expo booking. Was originally at the convention center hotel but we couldn't check in a day late and they said I never booked theme park view even though I have confirmation that I did. We've been wanting to stay at Disneyland anyways so decided to switch after the headache.

We moved to Disneyland through the expo booking. Was originally at the convention center hotel but we couldn't check in a day late and they said I never booked theme park view even though I have confirmation that I did. We've been wanting to stay at Disneyland anyways so decided to switch after the headache.

The Hilton is *right* there, but I like being closer to the resort - for food choices and getting away from the hubbub of the Expo.

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the Tinker Bell weekend in May 2015, it is nice.

Being Sorcerer this year, I'm hoping for less time waiting on the concrete and less stress. We're not big shoppers, so it's all about the panels and the experience. Hence going for the slightly more swank Disneyland Hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter